All-Purpose MLB Thread! (2019-2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The great thing about the Angels is that they have had some combination of the greatest player of his generation, a hall of gamer slugger, and the best two way player since Babe Ruth on their roster for the past ten or so years now and are almost a sure fire guarantee to barely be better than the Mariners who are sorta the Kings of baseball

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Great comeback and a big win. The Giants needed these wins after the LA beatdowns.

And now another series with them... let’s not get swept this time, that’s all I ask.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I can’t wrap my head around Gausman transforming from a reclamation project to a full blown Cy Young contending ace.

The huge question... are you comfortable paying him the huge price tag he’s going to command after only a season-and-a-half of great work after he turned 30?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The old guys are good and fine, but how about Steven Duggar?! I’ve been ready to DFA this dude for like 4 seasons! Lmao

The extra inning runner rule makes me so mad as a baseball fan. You should not be rewarded for a lazy fly out then a dropped pop-up.

Nor should you get a run from a single then a double play.
Agreed. I’d gladly accept the universal DH if they also got rid of this extra inning runner rule.

Agreed. I’d gladly accept the universal DH if they also got rid of this extra inning runner rule.
The extra inning rule is indeed awful. But there shouldn’t be any need to make a trade off to get rid of it.

Like the All-Star game deciding home field before it, just 86 the extra inning rule. It’s that simple.

As for universal DH — that’s seriously messing with the fabric of baseball and the good side of it’s history. The National League is the Senior circuit and has been around longer than not only the AL (25 years longer) but also their stupid DH rule (97 years longer) that was implemented in 1973.

In short, baseball has a much longer history of no DH than with it. To my knowledge the NL never had it for 145 years sans 1 pandemic season. And the AL didn’t have it for 72 years, which is longer than the 48 years they‘ve now played under the rule.

Honestly, I’m totally fine with the AL keeping it. It‘s one of the cool things that has made the leagues different and made interleague play interesting.

I just never want to see the National League adopt it permanently and mess with 145 years of history.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It really is absurd how good the A's are despite their ownership seemingly trying to actively torpedo their chances by refusing to re-sign their former MVP finalist shortstop and burning every single bridge possible with the city of Oakland.

Status
Not open for further replies.