NBA Playoffs, Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suns vs Nuggets is going to be such a good series I think. Meanwhile, asterisk year NBA Finals teams both eliminated first round. has this happened before?
If the Nets waltz to the title it will be a nice little asterisk on this whole era, haha. Man, I hate where the game is at right now. Go Bucks! Go Suns! Go Jazz! Go Nuggz! Go anyone else.

I wasn't a fan of his for years and didn't think he can be a winner, but here we are. let's see how he does versus Denver, a team that isn't mentally checked out
Well I mean even if they lose to Denver, you can't say he's overrated. He's averaging 26/5/5 in the playoffs and is an all star. That sounds about right to me. Nobody in their right mind would say Booker is top 5 overall in the league or a franchise changing superstar or anything like that. But he's definitely not just empty stat chucker on a bad team like some think/thought

His play was mediocre while Chris Paul was out but since he’s been back, booker has been playing at an all star level. If he played like this the whole series (or maybe if Paul never got hurt), suns would be at home resting for the next series. This first quarter tho, booker must’ve drank whatever Dame was drinking the other night. Unstoppable.
When you say "while Chris Paul was out" do you mean one game?

Suns vs Nuggets is going to be such a good series I think. Meanwhile, asterisk year NBA Finals teams both eliminated first round. has this happened before?
2006-2007 Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks both lost in the first round the year after their finals showdown. Dallas notably lost to the 8th seeded Warriors after a nearly 70 win season. Miami swept by Chicago

2014-2015 Heat didn’t qualify and the Spurs lost to the Clippers in the first round after their finals matchup the season before.

Well let's not forget they put up a good run in the bubble too. But yes, great players make others better, surprise surprise.
I think Paul showed him how to play with a different mentality. All the stats is the world are nice, but meaningless if you don't win. Paul doesn't care about stats, just winning. That means that sometimes you sacrafice stats for the good of the team. It also means playing both ends of the floor (something Booker didn't do until this season).

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Well I mean even if they lose to Denver, you can't say he's overrated. He's averaging 26/5/5 in the playoffs and is an all star. That sounds about right to me. Nobody in their right mind would say Booker is top 5 overall in the league or a franchise changing superstar or anything like that. But he's definitely not just empty stat chucker on a bad team like some think/thought
he was exactly that until Monty and CP3 came along. Boogie had this reputation during his entire tenure in Sacramento. In the NBA things can change quickly if the proper moves are made and some mental aspects are switched on

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Because they weren't a good team?
The team that was 26-39 pre-bubble is identical to the team that was 8-0 in the bubble. So how did they get good? You telling me the key to going from sorry to good was simply not having to play Aron Baynes? Hell, the team that they started the 2020-21 season is damned near identical to the team they started the 2019-20 season with, except they replaced Rubio and Baynes with Paul and Crowder. That might be the most damnable indictment of Ricky Rubio I can think of.

When you say "while Chris Paul was out" do you mean one game?
i guess i shouldnt have said "out" when i meant injured. He got hurt in the first game i believe and the next 3 games i felt booker played mediocre. he did score a lot in game 2 but wasnt super efficient from the field and got most of his points from the ft line, and wasnt that good in games 3 and 4. I just feel he plays better when chris paul is in the game (uninjured).

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Hell, the team that they started the 2020-21 season is damned near identical to the team they started the 2019-20 season with, except they replaced Rubio and Baynes with Paul and Crowder. That might be the most damnable indictment of Ricky Rubio I can think of.
What, that Rubio is no Chris Paul? That's like saying your significant other is no Christina Hendricks. Yeah, we knew that.

The team that was 26-39 pre-bubble is identical to the team that was 8-0 in the bubble. So how did they get good? You telling me the key to going from sorry to good was simply not having to play Aron Baynes? Hell, the team that they started the 2020-21 season is damned near identical to the team they started the 2019-20 season with, except they replaced Rubio and Baynes with Paul and Crowder. That might be the most damnable indictment of Ricky Rubio I can think of.
I still don't know what you're arguing about. Nobody's saying that Chris Paul isn't important ... Heck I'm totally in the Cp3 makes a huge difference camp. A great point guard makes others better. Booker is better and the team is winning alot. So what exactly are you arguing about?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Won’t lie, I’m actually pretty sad to see Father Time finally cracking LeBron’s armor... asking to come out of this elimination game because he’s exhausted? Dang...

Won’t lie, I’m actually pretty sad to see Father Time finally cracking LeBron’s armor... asking to come out of this elimination game because he’s exhausted? Dang...
the thing is he's smart about it tho. knowing there's a under 7 min timeout he was able to steal a few more minutes of rest. he knows he's not the same as he was physically so he got to be better mentally

Idk what it is about Booker, but I just don’t like him at all. I laughed and enjoyed Trae’s antics at MSG, but when Booker’s doing his thing I can’t stand it.
He's a wanna be tough guy. Thinks he's much better than he is. But so does LBJ, so there's that too.

Booker, like a lot of players these days, is streaky and can really get hot when he's on like tonight. But he plays next to no defense and relies upon a lot of bail out calls. Reminds me of Kevin Martin in that way.

Regardless, glad PHX took out that overrated LA team.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I still don't know what you're arguing about. Nobody's saying that Chris Paul isn't important ... Heck I'm totally in the Cp3 makes a huge difference camp. A great point guard makes others better. Booker is better and the team is winning alot. So what exactly are you arguing about?
I'm not actually even arguing, at all. I'm just verbose. All I'm really saying is that I came into this season not believing in Devon Booker, and I have yet to see anything that's changed my mind about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.