Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke Walton ‘very confident’ he will return as Kings’ coach next season
By Kurt Helin May 15, 2021, 11:00 AM EDT

For the second straight season, Luke Walton’s Sacramento Kings team will finish well below .500, will not seem to have taken a step forward — the two nine-game losing streaks were evidence of that — and will miss the playoffs, bringing the Kings’ playoff drought to 15 years.

“I’m very confident,” Walton said. “I love this group. I love coaching these guys. I’m excited about trying to get Sacramento back into the playoffs.”

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/05/1...nt-he-will-return-as-kings-coach-next-season/

Halliburton also on record as saying he’s looking forward to working with Walton.....and that he’s a player coach.

Seriously, if the Kings keep Walton, then it has to be playoffs next year. If not then the entire team and organization needs to hear it at Kings games with a steady chorus of boos and increasingly empty seats.

Halliburton also on record as saying he’s looking forward to working with Walton.....and that he’s a player coach.

Seriously, if the Kings keep Walton, then it has to be playoffs next year. If not then the entire team and organization needs to hear it at Kings games with a steady chorus of boos and increasingly empty seats.
Ok. So our two "core" players have thrown their support behind the coach. This is the guy they want to roll with. If the Kings don't win next year, I'm going to be looking at the "core" under the microscope.

I am slowly getting the feeling that they might be sticking with Walton next year for that specific reason (making the Playoffs) because, if I put myself in McNair's shoes, I'd be smart to do that simply because by the end of next season, I can either fire him due to missing the Playoffs, or fire him because we got to the Playoffs but clearly need more strategic direction from a better coach to take us over that hump.

I hate this realization because I absolutely cannot wait for the day when Walton is fired. I'm so tired of these Musselman Powerpoint dudes and Walton always has a tendency to running a short rotation and overplay vets, and worst of all his sets relies on a Read and React and that really hinging on players making good decisions consistently, which I can't always rely Buddy or Marv, or someone who doesn't have high BBIQ, on making.

So if we don't make some personnel adjustment this off-season accordingly, we won't get anywhere.

I agree with the above, but in all fairness to Musselman, after Malone, he might have actually been the best coach we have had since Adelman, with Joerger really being the only other person in this discussion.

Based on what got Muss fired after a single season, Luke should be long gone now.

Ok. So our two "core" players have thrown their support behind the coach. This is the guy they want to roll with. If the Kings don't win next year, I'm going to be looking at the "core" under the microscope.
What are they supposed to say though? haha. Especially one being a rookie and the other being the franchise player. Fox is always going to place the blame on himself until it's too late. At that point people will start blaming him even if it's not really his fault. I think it could do him a bit of good to have a sit down with one Demarcus Cousins and one Chris Webber.

What are they supposed to say though? haha. Especially one being a rookie and the other being the franchise player. Fox is always going to place the blame on himself until it's too late. At that point people will start blaming him even if it's not really his fault. I think it could do him a bit of good to have a sit down with one Demarcus Cousins and one Chris Webber.
It's one thing not to throw Luke under the bus. But between the two, it sounds like they are campaigning for him.

Whelp. I'll be in wait and see mode now. Team has to make a big roster upgrade somewhere to make up for Luke's coaching.

Metu is maybe my favorite player on the roster. But if they try to run him out as our starting PF next season.....

Status
Not open for further replies.