[Game] Kings at Grizzlies, Friday May 14th, 6 PM Pacific (9 PM Eastern)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Now that the Kings (31-39) are officially eliminated, it's all about lottery position. The Kings, you would think, would be in a good position to lose with Fox, Haliburton, and Holmes out and Barnes and Bagley doubtful (also: Woodard questionable), but the way the bench mob is playing lately, you never know!

Other games to watch for lotto implications:
Cavaliers at Wizards (32-38), 4 PM
Pelicans (31-39) at Warriors, 6:30 PM

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
There are still lotto implications!? Wow. Lets see how a tandem of Harkless and Buddy running up the PT can sew up that 11th pick although I'm sure Luke will shooting for that lucky 13.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
There are still lotto implications!? Wow. Lets see how a tandem of Harkless and Buddy running up the PT can sew up that 11th pick although I'm sure Luke will shooting for that lucky 13.
13 will be really hard at this point. With the Wizards looking to win tonight, we would need to have 7 out of 7 remaining games across four teams ALL go the wrong way, and then we'd have to come in fourth in a four-way tiebreaker (or fifth in a five-way tiebreaker if the Pelicans go 2-2 also) to get to #13. I'd bet a large amount of money against it.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Wow, the Grizz are mass resting their starters (because their playoff positioning only depends on the result of their game against the Warriors).

SLAB

Hall of Famer
This is going to be such a huge win for #WinningCulture and #RetainWalton it’s almost as good as making the playoffs or winning the lottery. <3

After sitting on the bench this season it’s nice to see these guys get out there (Ramsey, Jones, King,JJ) to name a few and play and show what they have. Meaningless game yes, but still getting some time in . As a die hard Kings fan going to our last game Sunday I will still stand up and cheer.....

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
All Woodard can get is 6 minutes? C'mon Luke.
Lou King is probably the higher-priority guy to play for multiple reasons (higher-ceiling player, not under contract so this is our best chance to see if we want to chase him this summer). And he's showing out. I'm totally OK with today being the Lou King show. Also Woodard is coming back from injury and may not be in great game shape.

Lou King is probably the higher-priority guy to play for multiple reasons (higher-ceiling player, not under contract so this is our best chance to see if we want to chase him this summer). And he's showing out. I'm totally OK with today being the Lou King show. Also Woodard is coming back from injury and may not be in great game shape.
Oh yeah, the 10 day guy. Higher priority of course. They can easily play side by side. Kings has looked good in JJ's role from the last game.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Lou King's career is 25 points. Not career-high, TOTAL career. He's already at 18 with one more coming from the line with 20 minutes left in this game. Could easily more than double his career points in one game.

OK, Buddy can sit for the night. This is getting pointless and sloppy. When someone is on the trade bubble and making 20 million you don't need a senseless injury or something stupid here.

Why is Memphis tanking this game? Don’t they still have to solidify seeding or are they just trying to destroy our play in chances and harm our draft position all in 24 hours?
Capt. said the Warriors game is the biggie for them. They have no reason to risk their starters getting injured. On the flipside, Walton is about to play Buddy 40 minutes in a game that doesn't matter one way or the other. Yet another instance where if this were my team, I ain't watching this dude risk 60 million or whatever of my money like this.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Why is Memphis tanking this game? Don’t they still have to solidify seeding or are they just trying to destroy our play in chances and harm our draft position all in 24 hours?
At this point Memphis' draft position depends solely on the result of their upcoming head-to-head with Golden State. Win or lose this game doesn't matter to them, so they're resting their starters.