[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (APR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Also; it appears the Lukas took losing to us twice personally and are laying on a 62-29 shellacking of the Warriors at half. Lmao

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Also; it appears the Lukas took losing to us twice personally and are laying on a 62-29 shellacking of the Warriors at half. Lmao
apparently Luka's record versus the Kings thus far is 3-6 so while they may not have Luka on the roster, they do have his number, for the time being

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Who did Houston have during that twenty-game losing streak, that was a healthy scratch?
Oladipo sat out a few games. There are other ways to intentionally tank you know, not just sitting your healthy players. For example doing what the Rockets GM is doing and throw out a whole bunch of ill fitting pieces that don't fit and as a result, get a sub 20 win season.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Looking at what they're doing, now, and arguing that that's what they were doing the whole time, is kind of revisionist history. And I would argue that not playing a guy coming off a serious injury in back-to-backs is not the same as a healthy scratch.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
when did OKC become a major media market?
They're not, so the league turns a blind eye. That's what Slim was saying. If blatant tanking earns verbal reprimands but no tangible loss in assets, it's easy to make the argument that the league office and owners don't really care. Unless you get all haughty and self-righteous about it and pull down one of the league's signature franchises to historical depths of ineptitude for half a decade like Sam Hinkie did to the Sixers. He got fired and might be blacklisted by the NBA and the draft lottery was tweaked slightly as a result but not enough to discourage tanking.

Bottom line is that the owners are fine with it. The big market teams know they can pull in free agents so less competition benefits them. The small market teams know they can't pull in free agents so tanking remains their best shot at getting a superstar. And anyone in between is outvoted.

Campazzo vs TJ McConell would be the most interesting 1 v 1 first to 21 match up in basketball history. It would literally end both passing out from exhaustion from pestering one another.

Campazzo was built to win the guy just makes team's better.

was always laughable to me when some of us were like “Nope can’t take on that baggage!”

Bad teams should take troubled talent on the cheap. If it works, great. If it doesn’t, no big loss.
I’m one of those dummies. But, “if it doesn’t work out, no big loss” only works for good teams/management not bad teams. The patriots can sign randy moss or Antonio brown. The lakers or clippers can take a flyer on cousins. The Spurs and heat with pop and Riley can pull off that stuff. If the Kings signed him and it didn’t work out...Kangzzz. We’d be bigger laughingstocks than we already were. Not only do we suck, we are criminals that suck and have another feature of “as the kings turn” or whatever the bit is on The Jump.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’m one of those dummies. But, “if it doesn’t work out, no big loss” only works for good teams/management not bad teams. The patriots can sign randy moss or Antonio brown. The lakers or clippers can take a flyer on cousins. The Spurs and heat with pop and Riley can pull off that stuff. If the Kings signed him and it didn’t work out...Kangzzz. We’d be bigger laughingstocks than we already were. Not only do we suck, we are criminals that suck and have another feature of “as the kings turn” or whatever the bit is on The Jump.
We’re already the KANGZ before problem children. Until we win anything at all we will always be the KANGZ even after problem children. Who cares if a knucklehead doesn’t work out for the cost of “Next to Nothing” and the media and sports world laughs at us, they already do that anyways. I’m on the side of acquiring any talent at all. Any sort of lottery ticket and who cares what everyone that already thinks we’re jokes (we are) think. Lol

Late to the party here:
I think when it comes to blatant tanking another thing that the NBA gets upset about is when star players miss games without justification. Because customers pay to see those guys they promote above the teams many times.

Re: Luka and KP, back when Dallas made that boneheaded trade, I thought it was because they had a good relationship? So has Luka just turned on him because he kinda sucks now? Or what?

As good as Luka (same applies to Harden/LeBron) is I imagine it would be pretty boring playing with him if you are an above average player, where as if you are a basic role player it's great and it would be frustrating watching a guy not play D and than hold the ball for 20 secs. But if you just want to win those guys are great to play with,.

Status
Not open for further replies.