2020 Draftees - Following their development...

So far, early impressions:

1. Haliburton is as adverstised.
2. Cole Anthony looks solid. Looks like a 10 year pro. Not a star though.
3. Okoro looks like Ron Artest.
4. Terry looked overwhelmed.
5. Avidja is looking like he's going to be future star. 6'9 with handles and a shot.
6. Poku is skinny but flashing. Maledon should've been a first rounder.

prior to draft i said to myself, if avdija falls below sixth pick, certain FO's are bunch of morons
and he slipped...

why? because of free throws? inconsistent 3pt shot? bull***t

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
prior to draft i said to myself, if avdija falls below sixth pick, certain FO's are bunch of morons
and he slipped...

why? because of free throws? inconsistent 3pt shot? bull***t
The shot is an issue but the big thing that probably caused him to drop a bit is his defense (and the Knicks desperately wanting Obi Toppin for some reason). I think with this year’s class in particular, there’s been a general feeling that this is a “role player” draft and those sorts of players generally can shoot and play defense, which leads to Patrick Williams getting drafted 4th despite not really being particularly good at anything.

i think they should not fall into a ˝general feeling˝ trap, considering responsibility they have, pay checks they receive and competition to reach, not a spot in those FO's, but a job interview alone...

thinking outside of a box is at least what they should do, on regular basis, especially after luka's baby fat stories.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
With Maxey pretty much carrying that Sixers team missing all of its good players and Melo posting the youngest triple double in league history, I think we can safely say the rumors about the weakness of this draft class have been greatly exaggerated.

With Maxey pretty much carrying that Sixers team missing all of its good players and Melo posting the youngest triple double in league history, I think we can safely say the rumors about the weakness of this draft class have been greatly exaggerated.
Didn't even notice he had that kind of game last night. Crazy.

Ball looking good too. Haliburton has some serious competition for ROY.

Didn't even notice he had that kind of game last night. Crazy.

Ball looking good too. Haliburton has some serious competition for ROY.
It's a pretty clear two-man race between Ball/Hali. Ball looking every bit as advertised as a playmaker and is making a case as the best rebounding guard in basketball already. Big thing for him is keeping his efficiency in line (currently 53%, 35% from 3) to keep up this level of impact.

He did it on 33 shots, so the numbers are a bit inflated, but Maxey looks good. Looks a little awkward at times, but is a scorer, will get buckets. I don't really have a good comp for him right now off the top of my head. Not quite as athletic as Bobby J, but plays big for his size. Tough.

It's a pretty clear two-man race between Ball/Hali. Ball looking every bit as advertised as a playmaker and is making a case as the best rebounding guard in basketball already. Big thing for him is keeping his efficiency in line (currently 53%, 35% from 3) to keep up this level of impact.
His brother is a damn good rebounder as well.

At this point, I would put my money on Ball for rookie of the year. I guessed Obi before the season but with Randle killing it and the injury that is out the window.

Ball is a threat for a triple double every night. Ty is going to have a bigger impact on wins this year in my opinion but I don't think he will have the stats to take the award.

Here is the first redraft I have seen posted. Good to see the Kings finally moving up in a redraft....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thegamehaus.com/nba/2020-nba-lottery-redraft/2021/03/08/amp/
Poku should have been a top 5 pick on potential alone while his stats might not back it up currently the things he can do on the court are absurd for a 7 footer, it will take him a while to get there just cause he's still adjusting and his super skinny frame but if he does get there watch out.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Malachi Flynn looks like he's going to be a player. Scrappy. Plays kinda like a young Bibby.
I loved Flynn. Tough, hardnosed player that every team needs. He's a glue type player. Yeah, a bit undersized, but he makes up for it on both ends of the court. Love the kid!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Wiseman looks like he’s a legit 7 footer. Raw. Whiteside size.
Skill level wise, I think Mobley is a better player right now than Wiseman is. But, I think not having a full year at Memphis hurt his development overall. Wiseman has the size, but I think eventually Mobley will fill out and be the better player. I think Mobley has a better feel for the game, better handles, and has a better fluidity to his game. I wish Mobley had that edge to his game that I love in a big man. We shall see!

Skill level wise, I think Mobley is a better player right now than Wiseman is. But, I think not having a full year at Memphis hurt his development overall. Wiseman has the size, but I think eventually Mobley will fill out and be the better player. I think Mobley has a better feel for the game, better handles, and has a better fluidity to his game. I wish Mobley had that edge to his game that I love in a big man. We shall see!
I agree with you. I think Mobley is the better prospect. That said, I'm just not as high on Mobley as others. A part of it is the fire and a part of it is just his impact on the game, which is tied to his position. He's not Giannis, who can handle and pull defenders towards him. He's a big, who's going to need others to get him the ball. Hence why I see a future Aldridge or if we're looking for a more recent comp: JJJ.

I think the best 10 players in this draft have been: (NOTE, this is not a redraft, just showing the best players so far)
1. LaMelo
2. Haliburton
3. Edwards
4. Quickely
5. Williams
6. Wiseman
7. Pritchard
8. Bane
9. Anthony
10. Bey

Poku and Maldeon are guys who have been getting a lot more PT now that OKC is tanking, but I'm not convinced they're particularly good right now. Their potentials are decently high though.

The biggest fallers have been:
#5 Okoro: He has had an okay rookie year, but he misses out of as a top 10 player. He needs more consistency with his 3pt shot.
#6 Onyeka: Has been hidden in the depth chart a bit, but if he was good enough, he'd get the PT. More raw than anyone thought.
#7 Hayes: Injury only allowed him to play 8 games, but in those 8 games, he was really awful. 26% fg and 24% 3pt. very raw
#8 Toppin: Supposedly one of the most NBA ready players who has struggled. Not a good for a 23yr old rookie, but he can still find his way.
#9 Avdija: Him and Okoro are the only ones here who haven't been completely bad. He's has a solid rookie year all-around.
#10 Smith: Very raw big who's buried on a good playoff team.

5-10 have disappointed to say the very least. Overall, this draft has gone as predicted, a weaker draft. If it weren't for LaMelo, this would be in the conversation for one of the weakest drafts we've seen in a long time. With that being said, there has been a bunch of good role players who are contributing day 1.

I think the best 10 players in this draft have been: (NOTE, this is not a redraft, just showing the best players so far)
1. LaMelo
2. Haliburton
3. Edwards
4. Quickely
5. Williams
6. Wiseman
7. Pritchard
8. Bane
9. Anthony
10. Bey

Poku and Maldeon are guys who have been getting a lot more PT now that OKC is tanking, but I'm not convinced they're particularly good right now. Their potentials are decently high though.

The biggest fallers have been:
#5 Okoro: He has had an okay rookie year, but he misses out of as a top 10 player. He needs more consistency with his 3pt shot.
#6 Onyeka: Has been hidden in the depth chart a bit, but if he was good enough, he'd get the PT. More raw than anyone thought.
#7 Hayes: Injury only allowed him to play 8 games, but in those 8 games, he was really awful. 26% fg and 24% 3pt. very raw
#8 Toppin: Supposedly one of the most NBA ready players who has struggled. Not a good for a 23yr old rookie, but he can still find his way.
#9 Avdija: Him and Okoro are the only ones here who haven't been completely bad. He's has a solid rookie year all-around.
#10 Smith: Very raw big who's buried on a good playoff team.

5-10 have disappointed to say the very least. Overall, this draft has gone as predicted, a weaker draft. If it weren't for LaMelo, this would be in the conversation for one of the weakest drafts we've seen in a long time. With that being said, there has been a bunch of good role players who are contributing day 1.
I'd put Bey at 3 or 4. Dude looks look he's going to be a near all star level 3 in this league. Avidja should be 6 or 7. His numbers are tainted by playing next to Russ and Beal. He's going to be good. A poor man's Luka.

I'd put Bey at 3 or 4. Dude looks look he's going to be a near all star level 3 in this league. Avidja should be 6 or 7. His numbers are tainted by playing next to Russ and Beal. He's going to be good. A poor man's Luka.
I don’t see Bey going higher than Williams. People are really high on that kid.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I like Williams. If he develops, I can see it. Bey looks like he's going to be averaging 15, 5, 5 for the rest of the career.
The difference between Bey and Williams is the now. Bey is already starting to look like the player I thought he would be, while Williams is still riding on the potential bus. Right now, Bey is the better player and that's what I go on. Three years from now, who knows, but all too often potential is fools gold.

The difference between Bey and Williams is the now. Bey is already starting to look like the player I thought he would be, while Williams is still riding on the potential bus. Right now, Bey is the better player and that's what I go on. Three years from now, who knows, but all too often potential is fools gold.
Williams has the parts to be good. I think the projection can be Kawahi to Harrison Barnes to Mor Harkless. I’d bet more Barnes than the other two.

Bey is averaging 11.3 and Williams is averaging 9.3. I don’t see the huge gap in the now. Not to mention Bey is 21 while Williams is 19. I would take Williams for sure.