Trade Deadline 2021

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Wish I could like that 10 times.
Two first round picks and a young player who plays the same position has pretty much been the going rate for a lesser All-Star for as long as I can remember. Yes Vuc's stats are great this year but context matters. Put him on a decent team where he doesn't need to do everything and people would assess his value more fairly.

Two first round picks and a young player who plays the same position has pretty much been the going rate for a lesser All-Star for as long as I can remember. Yes Vuc's stats are great this year but context matters. Put him on a decent team where he doesn't need to do everything and people would assess his value more fairly.
I don't watch much Orlando ... It feels like an even-ish trade for me, but this is the kind of move that teams that want to completely blow a season to rebuild do a mini (or even full-scale) process do. So it's funny again a board where people have been ordering a tear down are constantly whelmed by the type of moves that facilitate them. If we want to start over and contend for 1-4 spots in the draft for 2-3 seasons, we would probably have to ship Fox for a similar type deal.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I don't watch much Orlando ... It feels like an even-ish trade for me, but this is the kind of move that teams that want to completely blow a season to rebuild do a mini (or even full-scale) process do. So it's funny again a board where people have been ordering a tear down are constantly whelmed by the type of moves that facilitate them. If we want to start over and contend for 1-4 spots in the draft for 2-3 seasons, we would probably have to ship Fox for a similar type deal.
Maybe not Fox. Vucevic is 30 and Fox is 23 so the Kings can and should ask for a lot more if they're including Fox in a deal but I agree with the general sentiment expressed here. Orlando is clearing the decks for draft picks and they'll see if they have anything with Isaac, Fultz, Bamba, Carter, etc. In their case keeping Vucevic is counter-productive toward their goals and they got a reasonable return given those circumstances. The corollary for us is that we shouldn't expect much if we do want to ship out Barnes, Buddy, and Holmes and leave Fox and Haliburton with a G-League cast in the quest for a better pick. I think the majority of Kings fans would be unhappy with that type of a scenario. So we'll instead linger on the edge of playoff relevance and see where that takes us.

Maybe not Fox. Vucevic is 30 and Fox is 23 so the Kings can and should ask for a lot more if they're including Fox in a deal but I agree with the general sentiment expressed here. Orlando is clearing the decks for draft picks and they'll see if they have anything with Isaac, Fultz, Bamba, Carter, etc. In their case keeping Vucevic is counter-productive toward their goals and they got a reasonable return given those circumstances. The corollary for us is that we shouldn't expect much if we do want to ship out Barnes, Buddy, and Holmes and leave Fox and Haliburton with a G-League cast in the quest for a better pick. I think the majority of Kings fans would be unhappy with that type of a scenario. So we'll instead linger on the edge of playoff relevance and see where that takes us.
Yeah we would ask more for Fox but I don't think anyone wants to ship him, it's just that if we want to be that level of bad, Fox is going to get in the way (assuming we also consider Hali untouchable right now) of losing basketball unless he's NCAA point shaving level of in-on-it.

I think Fox, Haliburton and Holmes with the right case and a good coach could legit compete for an 8 spot next year. We've seen stretches with both Joerger and Luke to suggest a .500 worthy team - both of them had us over .500 at various points mid-season in what I will assume to be the final seasons for each (finger crossed).

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Oladipo to Miami is a good get for them, come off the bench and capable of scoring 20+ on a nightly for them. Powell to Portland is also a good move for the Blazers. He has been playing well this season. Toronto trading all their role players. Wonder what they will do with Pascal down the road.