Marvin Bagley breaks hand again

I have no reason to believe that Marvin was being shopped by the Kings. I think McNair wanted to give him some time to blossom with Hali and Fox before shipping him out and another potential season ending injury or him missing extended time won't garner much value around the league.
Not now obviously. The innuendo earlier in reports wasn't about him being shopped but that McNair wasn't looking at him as a core piece necessarily which means he was open. The fact that Marvins coach did to him what he did to Julius Randle and Brandon Ingram in his previous gig is nobodys fault but the one making the decisions.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
And in true Luke fashion, he plays Bagley too many minutes for the first time ever as he waited to take him out until the very end of the second quarter despite him hurting his hand sometime around the mid-quarter mark
So apparently the only way for Marvin to get more minutes in Luke's rotation is to visibly look injured while on the floor. Alright, lesson learned. This is one instance where a Bagley family member chewing out the coach on social media is warranted.

Sigh.

Not a doctor, but a fracture usually = a short recovery time, correct? But then again, this is the Bags family, so they'll likely hold him out for a year and a half.

If he's always hurt does it matter how good he might be?

Only thing i can relate it to is the 49ers.
Deebo Samuals is probably the most talented receiver we've had since T.O.
HOWEVER......... he's always hurt. He just can't stay healthy. So the 9ers are talking about moving on from him. No matter the sport, it becomes about availability.

Raw deal kings fans......... sorry........

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If he's always hurt does it matter how good he might be?

Only thing i can relate it to is the 49ers.
Deebo Samuals is probably the most talented receiver we've had since T.O.
HOWEVER......... he's always hurt. He just can't stay healthy. So the 9ers are talking about moving on from him. No matter the sport, it becomes about availability.

Raw deal kings fans......... sorry........
Personally I think Aiyuk >>>>>> Deebo anyways, so we’re good there.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
How did Bagley break his left hand? It looked like he went to block with his right in the clip on nba.com. Anyway, he gotta start taking calcium supplements or something, because someone giving him a high-five is probably more force than what was in that clip.

now in no way at all am i saying bagley is in the same realm as curry but the warriors were able to get curry on a cheap contract due to concerns about his ankles and being injury prone. If we can get bagley to extend on a cheap contract to prove he isnt mr glass, this might be a blessing in disguise.

Not even close. He’s a starter on a good amount of teams and a solid rotation guy on the more competitive teams. He’s athleticism and rebounding will keep him in the league for years.
he’s not. He just doesn’t play defense well enough to start or even get many minutes for a defensive oriented coach.

That being said I feel bad for him. He needs time on the court and to learn how to play defense. He was improving but he still has a ways to go.

it’s also pretty tough for the Kings. Do you pick up his option for $14M. It’s a huge overpay but if you don’t he becomes an unrestricted free agent and you lose him for nothing as we know he will leave.