The Closed Cojo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK what happened to CoJo, but he certainly hasn’t been good lately.

This team is definitely missing their Bobby Jackson type off the bench.

One thing that would concern me about trading or releasing CoJo is that he’s well respected and liked in the locker room. For one, Tyrese has cited him as mentor and someone he goes to for help or questions.

We don’t want another Iman Shumpert situation.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
My favorite go to CoJo move is when he completely gets toasted by his man on defense and then angrily looks around and points out a random spot on the floor behind him to an unsuspecting teammate like they are playing zone and it was his fault CoJo’s guy scored.
I’ve never seen a player as undeserving of “star” calls or even “benefit of the doubt” type calls look so baffled as whenever he screws up this year and looks at the refs, his teammates, and anyone other than himself than CoNo does this year.

Every. Single. Time.

One thing that would concern me about trading or releasing CoJo is that he’s well respected and liked in the locker room. For one, Tyrese has cited him as mentor and someone he goes to for help or questions.

we really do need a true 6th man on the bench. That would push us into the playoffs maybe. McNair gotta make some magic by trading CoJo and err uhhh.... damn we don’t got much trade bait do we

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
For whatever reason, Joseph is a security blanket for Walton. The solution may have to be McNair trading him away.

His deal is lightly guaranteed for next year so he's essentially an ending contract. Maybe he can be moved with Nemanja.

So now that there is a thread for this, I am assuming we won’t get 100 “I hate CoNo” posts from you guys in each game thread. Asking for my sanity...

SLAB

Hall of Famer
So now that there is a thread for this, I am assuming we won’t get 100 “I hate CoNo” posts from you guys in each game thread. Asking for my sanity...
Absolutely not. CoNo is going to continue to get his whenever he dribbles into triple coverage and throws up fadeaway garbage, or dribbles the ball off his foot, or doesn’t defend anyone at all, or throws up bricked wide open threes or etc etc etc

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

Mateen Cleeves was well liked, I envision a similar role for CoJo.

The defense has totally fallen off with the exception of him guarding bigger players on the ball. Without that it's hard to see what value he's been bringing to the floor.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
In my humble (cough cough) opinion, there are two players that bring acidity up into my mouth when they come into the game, and unfortunately, they always come in together. Joseph and Whiteside. Joseph has the worse plus/minus on the team, and is almost totally worthless. In fact, he's a negative. Not sure what happened to him, but he can't stay in front of anyone, screened or otherwise. Whiteside looks like a rusty robot with a bad hard drive. His reaction time is pitiful on both ends of the floor. It's almost impossible to run the P&R with him because he can't catch the ball. Add in Joseph being the other half of that P&R, and you have a disaster.

I thought Bagley did a fairly good job of guarding Embid, so maybe Walton will take note and start giving him Whiteside's minutes. That's probably wishful thinking on my part but hey, I can dream can't I?

In my humble (cough cough) opinion, there are two players that bring acidity up into my mouth when they come into the game, and unfortunately, they always come in together. Joseph and Whiteside. Joseph has the worse plus/minus on the team, and is almost totally worthless. In fact, he's a negative. Not sure what happened to him, but he can't stay in front of anyone, screened or otherwise. Whiteside looks like a rusty robot with a bad hard drive. His reaction time is pitiful on both ends of the floor. It's almost impossible to run the P&R with him because he can't catch the ball.
Interesting comments on Whiteside. Although I do see a bit of what you’ve described.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but the major difference between CoJo and Whiteside is that Hassan actually has a positive impact analytically. Despite his flaws, he does some good things for the team whereas CoJo pretty much doesn’t.

Interesting comments on Whiteside. Although I do see a bit of what you’ve described.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but the major difference between CoJo and Whiteside is that Hassan actually has a positive impact analytically. Despite his flaws, he does some good things for the team whereas CoJo pretty much doesn’t.
Cojo does have some good points. They can use his footage in the film room to show the young guys what not to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.