[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
random offensive explosion from the modern day microwave aka Malik Monk. Rockets meanwhile on a 6 game winning streak with a bunch of outcasts

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Happy for Monk. Always had an NBA skillset, just sorta got lost in the Hornets malaise.
he can play, he may not do anything else other than score but he does it in bunches. The Kings witnessed it themselves. He would be another acquisition in the mold of a Jordan Clarkson for the Jazz....I wouldn't mind if Monte looked into it

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
he can play, he may not do anything else other than score but he does it in bunches. The Kings witnessed it themselves. He would be another acquisition in the mold of a Jordan Clarkson for the Jazz....I wouldn't mind if Monte looked into it
That Kings bench definitely needs another scorer plus he’s one of De’Aaron’s closest friends.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That Kings bench definitely needs another scorer plus he’s one of De’Aaron’s closest friends.
precisely. There is a whole ton of value out there just hiding on team benches that if I was Monte I'd be looking to carve a role for and that fit this current team's timeline

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Mavs lose again despite all three of their best players having good nights. That pick they’re giving the Knicks this year might end up being a good one.

I watched the Lakers - Hawks game on league pass with Nate Duncan and Danny Leroux as commentators and it was awesome. So much more informative commentating compared to an average broadcast. The basic game called by the teams broadcast duo is very uninformative and probably dummed down for the regular fan. Nate and Danny have maybe the best nba podcast out atm and I liked a lot of their commentating. Hopefully they will do some Kings games in the near future.

The other thing is that its getting really miserable watching guys like Tre Young, Embiid, Harden ect play basketball. Its constantly trying to draw fouls and putting the ball in the basket is only a secondary objective. That itself should be a gigantic red flag. Embiid is a really good example: dude is strong as F*** but spends a lot of his time with these back to the basket and quick turn to the rip through move or iniciating contact and then tilting his head back while throwing the ball in the stands. If I could affect anything I would never call these rip throughs as defensive foul. Thats not a basketball move if you "rise" to shoot the ball by bringing the ball from the other side of your body to the opposite side and then chucking the ball to the 5th row if you feel any contact. Thats nothing but garbage and less these players are rewarded for stuff like that the better.

From the players perspective its compeltely understandable to try to draw these bullcrap fouls, other good example is coming off the screen and stopping/jumping into defenders body to draw the contact. Those free throw attemps are extremely valuable for your team and for your value as a player so as long as the league rewards players for doing thah, that type of behaviour will only increase in the future. The league should put a hard stop to that and it would make the sport much more watchable.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I thought there were no fans allowed in the arenas?
Varies by state. Kemp has been openly defying CDC/scientific recommendations, the entire pandemic, and specifically overrode Atlanta mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms' "no mass gatherings" edict. As a result, Georgia is one of (I think) a dozen or so states where arenas are accepting limited capacity.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Warriors playing in faux-90s-era Oakland jerseys while in their arena in San Francisco is like if the Thunder played some games in green jerseys that had Seattle on them.

I'd love to know who was the last undrafted player to drop 50+
It has never been done. The highest single game point total for an undrafted player that I could find was John Starks with 39 points.
Edit- I found one more player that scored more points in a game than Starks. Connie Hawkins in 1970 with 44 points.

Additional fun facts
Wilt scored 50 plus 122 times including playoffs. Jordan 46 times
Kings have had a 50 point scorer 11 times
The Grizz are the only franchise to have no players score 50
only 4 players have scored 50+ in 30 or few minutes Lillard(2), McCollum, Harden, Klay Thompson(2)

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It has never been done. The highest single game point total for an undrafted player that I could find was John Starks with 39 points.

Additional fun facts
only 4 players have scored 50+ in 30 or few minutes Lillard (2) McCollum Harden Klay Thompson (2)
so Fred is officially in the history books all by himself. Good for him. No wonder he was tearing up after the game. I also believe he tied or beat DeRozan's franchise scoring high

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Additional fun facts
only 4 players have scored 50+ in 30 or few minutes Lillard(2), McCollum, Harden, Klay Thompson(2)
Don't remind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.