De’Aaron Martez Fox

Stop talking about shooting threes, and the mid range jumpers.
Fox is an all-star because he breaks down defenses by scoring in the paint. He is a spectacular finisher around the basket. If the defense collapses on him he is good at dishing out assists. He runs the offense and is also a great defender. He played over 40 minutes last night in NOLA.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yeah by modern NBA standards, that doesn’t even qualify as a bad no call.
It's a lot harder to see in real time, but he cups the ball and carries it from 7 o'clock to 12 o'clock the long way, which is more than 180 degrees. If that's not a bad no call, then I'm not sure why the rule exists.

Stop talking about shooting threes, and the mid range jumpers.
Fox is an all-star because he breaks down defenses by scoring in the paint. He is a spectacular finisher around the basket. If the defense collapses on him he is good at dishing out assists. He runs the offense and is also a great defender. He played over 40 minutes last night in NOLA.
Why are you getting all feisty about this? Settle down.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
because forum participation is a contact sport :D

In fairness, I don't think anyone was claiming De'Aaron won this game with his three point shooting but rather saying that the perimeter shot was forcing the Pelicans to play him honestly and thus helping him dominate the paint. But that's apparently too nuanced a stance for some people to handle.

In fairness, I don't think anyone was claiming De'Aaron won this game with his three point shooting but rather saying that the perimeter shot was forcing the Pelicans to play him honestly and thus helping him dominate the paint. But that's apparently too nuanced a stance for some people to handle.
Yes, this. People have been theorizing since he came into the league that once his outside shot has to be respected, he becomes nearly unguardable. Now we’re starting to see glimpses of what that might actually look like. And I’m here for it.

It's a lot harder to see in real time, but he cups the ball and carries it from 7 o'clock to 12 o'clock the long way, which is more than 180 degrees. If that's not a bad no call, then I'm not sure why the rule exists.
We all know it’s a carry but we also all know they don’t call it and it’s not as bad as Morant or KD just dribbling the ball up the court

I have been watching the past couple games on replay and haven’t been keeping up with the whole game threads. So not sure if it’s been mentioned but anyone notice that fox finally has a free throw routine? 2 dribbles and spins the ball. I’ve been wanting him to get one to slow him down at the line cuz it looks like he rushes his free throws. I’ve noticed it these last 2 games and he’s been pretty good at the line recently.

I have been watching the past couple games on replay and haven’t been keeping up with the whole game threads. So not sure if it’s been mentioned but anyone notice that fox finally has a free throw routine? 2 dribbles and spins the ball. I’ve been wanting him to get one to slow him down at the line cuz it looks like he rushes his free throws. I’ve noticed it these last 2 games and he’s been pretty good at the line recently.
THANK YOU he used to just get the ball and just shoot it. He was missing out on a few points a game because of that

Since we’re on this topic hoe stupid is it to wear masks on the bench is it to appease people or something. News flash there touching the same basketball wearing on mask when you go sit won’t somehow save you.

And the all star game is absolutely pointless and that was pre covid
I’m guessing it’s an attempt to do anything, however minor, to reduce transmission and keep the season going. Coaches, trainers, DNPs, etc don’t need to touch the ball during a game.

It's been a long long time since the Kings had a player they could just give the ball to at the end of games and go out there and win it for them.

Fingers crossed this is the next step in the evolution of Fox and not just a few good games in a row.

I am not sure if anyone checks the RPM on ESPN. Here it is for PG, link

Fox ranks 7th in Offensive RPM with 4.34 ORPM. That is a big leap from last year, when he ranked 17 with 2.04 ORPM.

A few interesting tidbits:
  • Lonzo Ball has slightly higher ORPM than Fox does
  • Both Trae Young and Doncic take a big step back from last year.
  • Ja Morant takes an even bigger step forward than Fox does, but he still is slightly below Fox.
  • Hali is 21st with 1.22 ORPM.

I am not sure if anyone checks the RPM on ESPN. Here it is for PG, link

Fox ranks 7th in Offensive RPM with 4.34 ORPM. That is a big leap from last year, when he ranked 17 with 2.04 ORPM.

A few interesting tidbits:
  • Lonzo Ball has slightly higher ORPM than Fox does
  • Both Trae Young and Doncic take a big step back from last year.
  • Ja Morant takes an even bigger step forward than Fox does, but he still is slightly below Fox.
  • Hali is 21st with 1.22 ORPM.
Morant is still working off a smaller games played too. He's only played 9 games compared to Fox 21. Morant came out strong and has tappered off since.