Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck. Most shows are just "Haliburton is the best ever!" "Marvin is the worst ever!" In their defense, there isn't much to discuss about this team right now.
What is Tyrese supposed to do (with most of his mins he's) on the floor with:
CoJo - pound the rock fade, hardly ever pass
JJ - how is he even in the NBA (he's that bad)
GRIII - is hitting shots but not really a ball-mover
Metu- has some talent but like all our bigs (that actually play) is undersized

What is Tyrese supposed to do (with most of his mins he's) on the floor with:
CoJo - pound the rock fade, hardly ever pass
JJ - how is he even in the NBA (he's that bad)
GRIII - is hitting shots but not really a ball-mover
Metu- has some talent but like all our bigs (that actually play) is undersized
Tyrese is fine. The doesn't have a talented bench beyond him. Whiteside is talented, but can't rely on Walton to put him in the game.

Our remaining schedule...an improved Knicks, b2b at Memphis who btw got Ja back, Orlando Toronto mia. It’s not impossible we go winless and end the month with only 2 wins.

The good thing about firing Walton is that we have a solid group of talent that likely won't be too upset by it. Much better personalities. Also, I get the feeling the players haven't really bonded with Walton. That Malone firing just looks worse and worse. Heck, even the Joerger firing doesn't look good, as we know it was a conflict between him and Vlade. Dangit why can't we just have some stability!?

Let's try the next guy...

Easy-Lasagna-2.jpg

Our remaining schedule...an improved Knicks, b2b at Memphis who btw got Ja back, Orlando Toronto mia. It’s not impossible we go winless and end the month with only 2 wins.
Memphis game canceled due to contact tracing. We shall see if it occurs. Would be a good chance to see Xavier Tillman who has been playing well.

The good thing about firing Walton is that we have a solid group of talent that likely won't be too upset by it. Much better personalities. Also, I get the feeling the players haven't really bonded with Walton. That Malone firing just looks worse and worse. Heck, even the Joerger firing doesn't look good, as we know it was a conflict between him and Vlade. Dangit why can't we just have some stability!?

Let's try the next guy...

View attachment 10375
This isn’t a solid group of talent at all lol. We’re bottom 5 in the league in talent, I don’t care who is coaching. Might as well just let Vlade’s boy Lalton own this one and ride out the tank. For those worried about long term damage to the culture here, Fox and Haliburton should be the only players in our long term plans...the rest of these guys (Bagley, Hield, Barnes), hopefully we can boost their stats enough playing this way that somebody will take them at the trade deadline.

The draft this year is that good that I don’t have a problem with tanking the season. Firing Walton mid season to replace him with a retread like Gentry would be really uninspiring IMO. We need to completely clean house this offseason and rid ourselves of the Vlade stench...the players, the coaches, eh it just raises my blood pressure so much how long of a leash he got here. Hopefully Vivek stays out of the way and allows McNair to really rebuild this team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gentry will take over get a few wins because of new coach bounce then probably sink back into the mire of continued loses and there'll be calls to fire him.

I pretty much worked a 12 hour day yesterday, took a nap, hit the stationary bike and went back to bed.

What I miss? The two Clippers games are the only ones I completely took a snooze on, looks like time well spent doing other things.

Why is Walton still our coach?

This is why we should keep Walton. Our team isn't a playoff team anyway and aside from Fox and Hali, no one on this team should be in the Kings long term plans. Let's just suck the remainder of this year with our historically bad defense and perfectly inept coach and draft a massively high upside player who will be in our long term plans. It's unfortunate having to do this yet again, but that is the state of this team.

This is why we should keep Walton. Our team isn't a playoff team anyway and aside from Fox and Hali, no one on this team should be in the Kings long term plans. Let's just suck the remainder of this year with our historically bad defense and perfectly inept coach and draft a massively high upside player who will be in our long term plans. It's unfortunate having to do this yet again, but that is the state of this team.
That was my thought entering the year but seeing how damaging he has been to Bagley's development its detrimental to gamble on the lottery. I know a lot of folks don't like him and have already written him off and moved on or are just going to spend the next 2 decades worried about what could have been, I am not thrilled but I'm also not ready to burn that down either.

seeing how damaging he has been to Bagley's development
I will continue to root for Marvin but I think it’s highly unlikely he is a King long term. Team Bagley thinks he is destined for something far greater (and maybe they are right). I anticipate he will sign elsewhere as a restricted fa and we will work a sign and trade. I’d love to be wrong on all this however.

I will continue to root for Marvin but I think it’s highly unlikely he is a King long term. Team Bagley thinks he is destined for something far greater (and maybe they are right). I anticipate he will sign elsewhere as a restricted fa and we will work a sign and trade. I’d love to be wrong on all this however.
It's hard to imagine him getting a crazy offer at this stage but who knows. Safe to say Walton will not be back under any circumstance next season but obviously it's pretty late game at that stage. Still one year to right the ship before making a lasting decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.