Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • N for NETZZZZ

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Hard to know what to think here with so many moving pieces.

Houston did well considering they had to move Harden asap. Oladipo with Wall, Boogie, and Wood looks like a good team to me. Clearing out all the Harden drama should give them a lift and they're playing with house money (someone else's draft picks) now. I actually think they get better and remain in contention for a playoff spot this year.

The Nets... uh, why? You already have the biggest ball hog in the league so why not grab another one? How long is it going to take before Kyrie checks out and starts lobbing quote grenades to the press? Or has that already happened? Giving up LaVert and Allen too... well, at least they can count on selling a bunch of tickets this year, oh wait. No, that's not happening either. So they doubled down on all the money they spent on Durant by spending just as much on Harden. If this doesn't work, someone is getting fired.

Indiana apparently was desperate to move on from Oladipo so they got LaVert instead. Might be a wash. Historically Oladipo has been the better defender but that was pre-injury and he hasn't looked like he's fully recovered yet. Also his contract was expiring so the swap is probably a plus for them.

Cleveland is in the same boat we are right now. They have some nice young pieces and they're searching for an identity. Collin Sexton has been playing out of his mind this season. There seems to be no end to Kevin Porter's off-the-court issues, but when he's actually able to play basketball he's an assassin. I think that's a really underrated back court. Then they've got Okoro and just added Allen. This team could take the leap sometime soon into playoff status. Also Drummond is an expiring contract so Allen gives them a younger replacement (assuming they re-sign him, of course but that should be automatic).

Out of all of this I think Brooklyn comes out the worst and they're the ones that just acquired a superstar. Houston, Indiana, and Cleveland all made moves to prepare for the future and the Nets essentially flushed their future down the toilet for a lottery ticket. The Eastern Conference playoffs got a little more interesting though. I also think Philly made a mistake here in not grabbing Harden while they could. Simmons is a hard player to build a team around.

EDIT: If the NBA was a 3-on-3 league though, that Nets lineup would be legit!

Last edited:
Out of all of this I think Brooklyn comes out the worst and they're the ones that just acquired a superstar.
It reminds me so much of the deal they did with Boston except they gave up more for just one player when they already had a bunch of (somewhat well traveled) superstars. If they don't get a ring out of this, and something tells me they won't, this is going to be horrific for them.

Hard to know what to think here with so many moving pieces.
As unpopular as Harden is among fans, he is still one of the top 6-7 guys in the league. The Nets have gone all in on a championship over the next 2 years and they have a decent chance of getting it. If they don’t, I think they believe they are now one of the premier free agent destinations in the East and are positioning themselves to buy talent as opposed to drafting it.

The Rockets might end up winning this deal but their rebuild starts today and they got no pieces to build around. Adding Olidipo probably takes them out of top ten draft position and it’s not like they can trade Wall for anything considering the contract. Again, if those picks 3 years from now end up being top ten and they hit on the picks they will have done well.

As unpopular as Harden is among fans, he is still one of the top 6-7 guys in the league. The Nets have gone all in on a championship over the next 2 years and they have a decent chance of getting it. If they don’t, I think they believe they are now one of the premier free agent destinations in the East and are positioning themselves to buy talent as opposed to drafting it.

The Rockets might end up winning this deal but their rebuild starts today and they got no pieces to build around. Adding Olidipo probably takes them out of top ten draft position and it’s not like they can trade Wall for anything considering the contract. Again, if those picks 3 years from now end up being top ten and they hit on the picks they will have done well.
It's not just the picks they get swaps. They basically have the nets pick the next 7 years.

I might give them that. They are certainly at this point the team the Knicks have always believed themselves to be. Although I don't care for either team, I kind of get a big chuckle out of that.

True but the Rockets will have the worse record in ‘21 and if i had to venture a guess ‘23. The 25 and 27 years are too far out to know.
I wouldnt be so sure. It could blow up fast. And lets not count out injuries. Wouldnt surprise me for Harden to blow out an Achilles in the near future.

he’s a top 3 player and has been for 4 years

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
it looks like Houston finally had enough of Harden and his stomach expanding with every passing week and decided to do him a service. With that said, this is a dangerous move for Brooklyn if they don't win a title and considering they have a lot of egos on the roster, this can either work out well or be a complete ship wreck. I also want to mention that Oladipo has not been able to find a consistent home and I don't see Houston keeping him around if the plan is to rebuild over there

Should be 3 bkn picks & 3 swaps
+
2022 Bucks first

So 4 picks most likely, all in the 20's

Not really that impressive of a return. But I'm not sure what you could do about it as the Rockets.
All it takes an injury or 2 to change the pick calculus - Kevin Durant is getting long in the tooth.
Harden and Durant are reaching the ends of their primes and KD’s coming off an Achilles injury. Some of those later year picks could be really really high.
Exactly - especially with Durant.....they better monitor his minutes closely.