[Game] Kings vs. Pacers, 1/12/2021, 7pm PST, 10pm EST

Barnes def most improved this year. For a guy most wanted replaced. He's been the most consistent king this year
Well he was most wanted replaced not because he wasn't valuable, but because you'd assume a team tanking for a top draft pick doesn't need a $20million vet who gives you 13-15ppg (whereas some other team might, who would kindly give you some draft compensation)

I think the best part of the announcing crew remains Doug Christie forgetting he is no long an active player on the Kings roster and getting hyped as hell whenever anything exciting happens. Grant apparently used to get angry at him for it but Mark and Kyle just let him live it up.
Grant made it well known he didn't like players celebrating either. It is great to have an unleashed Christie.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I think the best part of the announcing crew remains Doug Christie forgetting he is no long an active player on the Kings roster and getting hyped as hell whenever anything exciting happens. Grant apparently used to get angry at him for it but Mark and Kyle just let him live it up.
Gee, why is that not surprising from Grant.

I do not think it's a coincidence that Holmes and Barnes are around 27, 28 years old and they are seeming to hit their peak. Some of the younger players are still a good 3, 4, 5 years away. Too soon to think this is as good as it gets.
With respect to Bags, no one is saying he can't figure it out. There's too much athleticism there to not carve out a 10 year career. The issue is he likely won't figure it out on his first or even his second contract.

If you visit some of the Philly boards, the criticisms that we have against Bags, they had against Holmes when he first came into the league.

Man Mark Jones sounds so professional I love it. He doesn’t make low key jabs at the players like somebody used to....
I used to get stressed out listening to Grant at the end of games pointing out and magnifying miscues: "remember that point Jerry/Doug;" "109 [or whatever score] wins it here," "you can't do that and win," etc. I already have enough angst listening to the Kings without the announcer adding to it.

I like that Jones calls the game in the moment.

From what I’ve seen and heard over the years, every regional broadcast team has a color analyst just like that. Or very similar. Definitely homerish. Which fans of opposing teams watching via game pass don’t tend to like. But it’s clearly about what the regional home fans think. And DC seems to be loved by most.

Re: Peaches, he has no room to be angry. His antics (which I also liked) when the KINGS did something uber exciting was always over the top too.

My biggest gripe with Grant and Jerry was how over complimentary they were towards the opponent and their players. It was down right annoying. Look, we get it. There are super stars and good players circling about the league. But we don’t care about them in the midst of a close, competitive game. Stop telling us how great they are and how “that’s what they do”. It’s no surprise opposing fans liked Grant and Jerry because they were often fawning over the players on their team.

Jones and DC give the opposition their due but don’t seem to overdo it.