Current Front Office/Coaching Discussion - 2021

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Walton has his issues but he is fine for the tank. But to be fair to Walton, McNair needs to also do a better job. GR3’s net rating is horrible while Josh Jackson has a positive net rating. Whiteside sucks. Metu might be a player and we shall see about Woodard.

Play your vets and Bagley to the trade deadline in hopes you can move them. Them give the young kids a shot.
No. Whiteside doesn’t suck. This myth is GD stupid.

Walton has his issues but he is fine for the tank. But to be fair to Walton, McNair needs to also do a better job. GR3’s net rating is horrible while Josh Jackson has a positive net rating. Whiteside sucks. Metu might be a player and we shall see about Woodard.

Play your vets and Bagley to the trade deadline in hopes you can move them. Them give the young kids a shot.
He's not fine for the tank if he won't play the young 2nd round picks to evaluate them and over relying on vets in misguided attempts at being competitive. We've just gotten blown off the court in back to back nights and 3 of the last 4. And the team has just quit.

He's not fine for the tank if he won't play the young 2nd round picks to evaluate them and over relying on vets in misguided attempts at being competitive. We've just gotten blown off the court in back to back nights and 3 of the last 4. And the team has just quit.
they will suck this year as expected. The young kids had no summer league and no preseason. Let them develop after the trade deadline and you have dumped the vets you can. The best thing the Kings can do is get some assets for the vets unlike what they did with Bogi.

We had a deal for Bogi and loose lips sunk the ships. It's pretty freakin clear that it wasn't the Kings that leaked that and everyone else is doing some pretty major spin for damage control.

No. Whiteside doesn’t suck. This myth is GD stupid.
whiteside has a -12.3 Net Rating
GR3 has a -19.0 Net Rating.

they are the two worst on the team. Robinson is the only player on the team with a worse defensive rating than Bagley.

They are both horrible free agent acquisitions.

young players with a hint of potential.... I would have targeted Jaren Jackson. Metu is a good example of what I think was a good pick-up.
I would have targeted Josh Jackson as well since it was obvious the team wasn't making a run this year.

Hassan will be a lot better than his net rating shows right now.

I was scratching my head at why so many people were excited about the GRIII signing but I didn't want to poo poo on their parade. He's actually been better than I expected him to be but he's 27 and not going to get much better so I don't see the point in playing him over Woodard.

Woodard would probably be a lot worse than GRIII right now but I'd rather give him run with the rotation players rather than street ball garbage time with the G leaguers.

I would have targeted Josh Jackson as well since it was obvious the team wasn't making a run this year.

Hassan will be a lot better than his net rating shows right now.

I was scratching my head at why so many people were excited about the GRIII signing but I didn't want to poo poo on their parade. He's actually been better than I expected him to be but he's 27 and not going to get much better so I don't see the point in playing him over Woodard.

Woodard would probably be a lot worse than GRIII right now but I'd rather give him run with the rotation players rather than street ball garbage time with the G leaguers.
thanks for correcting me. I meant Josh but accidentally typed Jaren.

Personal agenda/goals over team agenda/goals. These players aren't dumb. If coach puts self-interest over team progress, why should they buy in?

I do have to wonder if there's a power struggle at top. Who has more influence, Dumars or McNair? In the Athletic article that was giving Bogdan's side of free agency, there was a little blip how Dumars told his camp they wanted him back. Are there mixed messages going out? Is Walton hearing different things and choosing a side? I have a bias against him so I hate giving him any sort of alibi.

Vivek's history has most always been conflicted management at the top. Power struggles often have common good sacrificed for short term gains in power.

Vivek's history has most always been conflicted management at the top. Power struggles often have common good sacrificed for short term gains in power.
Not that it changes anything, but for what its worth, Vivek acknowledged in an interview that coming from his tech background he thought this was a good thing and embraced it but has realized it doesn't work in the NBA. Indications are its Monte's team right now but I guess we'll see long term what happens.

I don't believe much of what Bogdan is saying. It's damage control as it is very clear that he was talking to Giannis or at least his camp while he was under contract with us.

Not that it changes anything, but for what its worth, Vivek acknowledged in an interview that coming from his tech background he thought this was a good thing and embraced it but has realized it doesn't work in the NBA. Indications are its Monte's team right now but I guess we'll see long term what happens.

I don't believe much of what Bogdan is saying. It's damage control as it is very clear that he was talking to Giannis or at least his camp while he was under contract with us.
Bogdan has no need for damage control. He got paid and/but admitted he was concerned for a moment that he actually wouldn't. His answers came off of as if he was totally naive about how the CBA worked. He didn't come off as all that bright and hadn't done his own homework.

In terms of Vivek, we will see. I hope I am so wrong. Him keeping Dumars around doesn't give me a good feeling. Someone to double check what the one you "supposedly" have given power to isn't a ringing endorsement. I'm afraid of too many cooks in the kitchen.

In his defense, Dumars involvement may have been prior to chain of command clearly being established. If so, I hope that has been rectified.

Bogdan has no need for damage control. He got paid and/but admitted he was concerned for a moment that he actually wouldn't. His answers came off of as if he was totally naive about how the CBA worked. He didn't come off as all that bright and hadn't done his own homework.

In terms of Vivek, we will see. I hope I am so wrong. Him keeping Dumars around doesn't give me a good feeling. Someone to double check what the one you "supposedly" have given power to isn't a ringing endorsement. I'm afraid of too many cooks in the kitchen.

In his defense, Dumars involvement may have been prior to chain of command clearly being established. If so, I hope that has been rectified.
When they described Dumars role it appeared not to be in the roster management but more of a larger operational/organizational role.

I'm gonna disagree with Bodgan because his agent has a pretty bad history and there was early talk in the investigation he was on the verge of being decertified for multiple offenses. Also we know he was talking to Giannis directly or indirectly. It came out in the investigation as fact.

When they described Dumars role it appeared not to be in the roster management but more of a larger operational/organizational role.

I'm gonna disagree with Bodgan because his agent has a pretty bad history and there was early talk in the investigation he was on the verge of being decertified for multiple offenses. Also we know he was talking to Giannis directly or indirectly. It came out in the investigation as fact.
The article was about Bogdan and his side of the story. And based on his answers, he seemed pretty unawares of the situations. Like he took everything he was told as truth. His agent, by all/most reports wasn't exactly on the up and up. So on the aspects we are talking about, we both could be correct. Shady agent and naive/ignorant player.

In terms of Dumars, I agree that is what they have described his role as. That’s why red flags went off when the article stated that Dumars was the one who spoke with Bogdan's camp about them still wanting him. Agent lying? Possible. What was Vlade's role described as before he took over? Dumar's before Vlade was let go? His true role now. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a misunderstanding.

Bogdan with his injury showed why NBA players need to get paid when they can. Had he waited his injury could have cost him big dollars.

the issue with McNair was not passing on Bogdan but in not being prepared for the obvious answer.

Bogdan with his injury showed why NBA players need to get paid when they can. Had he waited his injury could have cost him big dollars.

the issue with McNair was not passing on Bogdan but in not being prepared for the obvious answer.
I have no problem with him being paid. My comment about getting paid was in regards to damage control and that he didn't need any.

In terms of McNair, we don’t know if he was or wasn't prepared. Just what happened. In the article it was stated that Dumars had communicated with Bogdan's camp about the Kings still wanting him, Bogdan's camp wasn't communicated with by McNair. There’s smoke, the question is if there's a fire. Is Dumars and his position causing interference? Based on Vivek's past history I would say yes but this is now and he has claimed to have changed. I don't know but wouldn't be surprised.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Gentry would be such a good tank commander.

We’d be dropping 115 a game and allowing 125. Bagley and Buddy would up their numbers and trade value.

Lukewarm Walton just makes everyone look crappier than they are with his complete lack of offensive acumen. I was hoping he’d at least get these guys playing hard and defending like the pre Lebron Lakers, but he can’t even do that.

I have no problem with him being paid. My comment about getting paid was in regards to damage control and that he didn't need any.

In terms of McNair, we don’t know if he was or wasn't prepared. Just what happened. In the article it was stated that Dumars had communicated with Bogdan's camp about the Kings still wanting him, Bogdan's camp wasn't communicated with by McNair. There’s smoke, the question is if there's a fire. Is Dumars and his position causing interference? Based on Vivek's past history I would say yes but this is now and he has claimed to have changed. I don't know but wouldn't be surprised.
There was a period of time when the team didn't have a permanent GM and it was unclear when they'd have one. Dumars would be the logical person to fill the void in the meantime.

The article didn't make it clear on the timing of the comments.

There was a period of time when the team didn't have a permanent GM and it was unclear when they'd have one. Dumars would be the logical person to fill the void in the meantime.

The article didn't make it clear on the timing of the comments.
Yes, the timing is definitely a grey area.