NFL 2020-21 Season

Jimmy won’t win big games without an all-decade defense like he had last season.

With the defense simply good, there’s no Super Bowl window with Jimmy at the helm. He’s not good enough.
Maybe no superbowl but I'll take deep playoff runs over Kelly/Tomsula era type seasons.

I think the defense was still great this year. All those injuries, no pass rush and terrible offensive play which kept them on the field all game and they were still knocking on the door of the top 5 in the league. Hell, even Witherspoon looked like a legit player at the end of the season.

I think there's a lot to be excited about next season. I can easily see an 11-5 season with a championship game appearance.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Maybe no superbowl but I'll take deep playoff runs over Kelly/Tomsula era type seasons.

I think the defense was still great this year. All those injuries, no pass rush and terrible offensive play which kept them on the field all game and they were still knocking on the door of the top 5 in the league. Hell, even Witherspoon looked like a legit player at the end of the season.

I think there's a lot to be excited about next season. I can easily see an 11-5 season with a championship game appearance.
I’d rather take a flyer and hope to get a Justin Herbert. If the Niners get even a good QB their window remains open.

I’d even cut Jimmy if they don’t draft a QB. Sign Fitzpatrick as a stopgap and use Jim’s 27 million to resign players that matter like Trent Williams, Juice, and Fred Warner.

Its wild card weekend, and what's your favorite matches? For me, all AFC games (especially Bills/Colts), Rams/Seahawks.

Teams I mildly hope win: Bills, Browns, Titans, Saints, Rams

Picks:
Biggest upset: Colts beat Bills (out on a limb with Colts defense)
Winners:: Colts, Ravens, Saints, Bucs, Rams, Browns - guaranteed I don't get 'em all right.

Colts RBs dropped way too many balls in the game., and some bad decisions & mistakes throughout the game. 2:30 and they can't drive for a FG?
No way the Bills beat the Chiefs with today's level of play.

Neither the Rams or the Seahawks look particularly good. Seahawks early in the season looked like maybe a favorite with Wilson and receivers on a tear, but the 2nd half of the season, Wilson looked average and mistake-prone. Same goes for the Cardinals who looked very good for a stretch, but fizzled out. Rams without Donald is not the same team. - may face the Packers.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The biggest take away from that Rams-Seahawks game is that the Niners would have won this division if even remotely healthy.

Also for all the talk about letting Russ cook, he played like hot garbage since like halfway through the season culminating in him playing like Nick Mullens against the Rams

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Jackson’s a lousy throwing quarterback but the man is electric as hell. Like Kap before he got wrecked by injuries. Ravens better hope he stays healthy because they’re in trouble if he loses a step because of injury.

Jackson’s a lousy throwing quarterback but the man is electric as hell. Like Kap before he got wrecked by injuries. Ravens better hope he stays healthy because they’re in trouble if he loses a step because of injury.
He's both faster and quicker than Kaepernick was even at his prime. Kaepernick was never really quick - he was slow to get to speed., but had an impressive top speed at full stride earlier. Michael Vick was probably the quickest I've ever seen as a QB. Jackson looks like the fastest. He beat both safety and DB to the cone even at an advantaged pursuit.

The Bills have a much better secondary than the Titans. Easily the best game of the divisionals, Donald's injury puts the Rams/Packers game in more doubt. Give the Browns a 2/10 chance against the Chiefs - Their offense would have to put a major output just like the Steelers game. I'll still be pulling for the Browns. Rams might play Donald on a bruised rib/or torn ab (whatever it is).....give him a shot to numb the pain - ill-advised, but sounds like he could do it. If Donald was totally healthy it'd be more interesting. Rams offense looks anemic now - still will pull for them against the Packers who got pulped by the 9ers with the best defense last year. Rams could still make it to the NFC Championship. The Bucs just can't handle the Saints defense - I see them getting beaten similarly to the 1st game of the regular season.

I think the safest Super Bowl bet is Saints/Chiefs - .....2nd would be Saints/Bills, followed by Packers/Chiefs.

The Saints played the Chiefs pretty closely in the late regular season, but had some really dumb penalties (player ejection I think).
If the Chiefs repeat, they officially take over as my most-hated team. I wouldn't have minded the Steelers winning, as the Ravens are a more up and down team than the Browns, and would've forced the Chiefs to play Ravens, then Bills. The Ravens could still play the Chiefs in the AFC conference possibly. The Steelers were pretenders. Turned out the Bills/Colts game was the best of the Wild Cards.......often times it seems like the Wild Card games are duds. This year's games were better than the last few. I enjoy watching the extra games. The Bears proved they had little business being in the playoffs - hell the 49ers probably could've played better.

How do you get blown out by a team missing half its players and coaches?
Right --
Commit 4 or 5 turnovers..

I think 2019-2020, Steeler/49ers had a bunch of turnovers in a messy game the 49ers pulled out. I think in the NFL if you're turnover differential is -2, it makes it difficult to win. -3 or -4 is exceedingly difficult. Last night, Steelers did pretty well (or the Browns got too relaxed) to get back within 2 scores. If I had to pin it on 1 player, it was Roethlesberger - 3 or 4 interceptions (?) - too many way-off-the-mark.

The Eagles fired Pederson. I guess tanking wasn’t okay.
If anything this could be an indication the Eagles were not trying to lose but instead playing Sudfield for one quarter to evaluate him like Peterson said. Seems unlikely management asked Doug to get onboard with a tank job and then fire him a couple days later.

what have you done for me lately strikes again.