[Game] Kings vs. Raptors, 1/8/2021 7pm PST, 10pm EST

Going on a losing streak and Walton getting fired is for the greater good here.

I’m not even about losing for the pick, I’m for losing for the new coach. As uninspiring as Gentry is, he isn’t Walton.
Teams always pride their way into wasted time if you give them the chance. But that will eventually stop too.

We really need to stop switching on every pick and roll if only to keep the other teams honest on offense.
Switching actually keeps the defense honest if you run REAL small small ball lineups with size at SG, SF, and PF and don't over help off the perimeter. Neither of those is very prevalent in their system.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Switching actually keeps the defense honest if you run REAL small small ball lineups with size at SG, SF, and PF and don't over help off the perimeter. Neither of those is very prevalent in their system.
But we literally are switching every time instead of doing both like any sane team would do.

But we literally are switching every time instead of doing both like any sane team would do.
True, but it still goes back to the reality that this coach obviously doesn't know who you play has a huge effect on how you play. On either end. He just doesn't get it. He'll also switches with Whiteside and Bjelica out there. Is the switching the issue, or is it the rotation? Chicken? Egg? Doesn't matter, still laying one in the end.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Hassan didn’t even get minutes in garbage time.
This needs to be the reason Walton gets fired. Refusing to play Monte’s shrewdest signing, who has proved to be a difference maker... for what reason?

Please, give me one reason why a team who’s getting destroyed on the inside can’t play a giant wall of a man who has proven in his bizarrely limited minutes me makes an impact.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This needs to be the reason Walton gets fired. Refusing to play Monte’s shrewdest signing, who has proved to be a difference maker... for what reason?

Please, give me one reason why a team who’s getting destroyed on the inside can’t play a giant wall of a man who has proven in his bizarrely limited minutes me makes an impact.
It’s not like Hassan could have done any worse than the guys were already looking.