[Game] Kings vs. Bulls, 1/6/2021, 7pm PST, 10pm EST

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Man, I really don't want to put Fox down but Haliburton runs the team better than him. I don't know whether I hate it or love it. Fox is damn good but Hali is on another level with his IQ and court awareness.
Let them play and compliment one another. I know it’s scary to take the ball out of Fox’s hands though... might have to trade Hali for that.

That was a good win. Chicago was pretty game. They have some solid young players. White is a beast.

we lost Fox early and Buddy struggled.

Strong game by Bagley. Still missed some bunnies but if that three becomes a semi consistent threat for him it will open up the rest of his offensive game to be more efficient.

Barnes had another strong outing.

Holmes again has the most automatic shot on the Kings.

The bench combined didn’t turn the ball over once. They all scored well. Joseph shot a bit much for my taste but he overall played well. Little Dog and Bjeli had strong outings.

Player of the game is Haliburton of course for reasons mentioned throughout this thread

Free Whiteside!!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Man, I really don't want to put Fox down but Haliburton runs the team better than him. I don't know whether I hate it or love it. Fox is damn good but Hali is on another level with his IQ and court awareness.
Fox is a scoring guard, not a lead guard so as long as he continues to work and ideally become a threat from mid range and three point range he can play off the ball more and use his speed to cut and on other occasions share ball handling duties so either one can move around freely

In all seriousness though, I wonder if Buddy has bulked up too much. His shot and layups just seem way off, like he's completely lacking the touch
Buddy was never able to consistently finish with his left hand. He blew two left handed layups tonight. That's not bulk. That's skill. Unlike Curry, who goes into the defender than extends left, Buddy jumps away from contact and tries to flick it with a weak lay up.

Yes, he did bulk up. But he should've been working on his quickness and his handles. But despite all of that, he's best suited as a six man and 6 games into the season, it's already obvious that Haliburton > Buddy. Remember when you were planning to remind me of my pre-season comments about Buddy relative to Hali?

Haliburton fits that role player within the flow mold better than Fox and that's always what Walton has looked for. Even to his own detriment at times. Haliburton is going to play within the team scheme. Fox and he aren't a perfect pairing on paper (thankfully the Kings drafted a guard with size though and not someone smaller) but they can no doubt work and under the right system they might be a very unique combination in time. In theory you could literally switch off pick and roll every play when they are in there together. Fox and Haliburton are almost impossible to stop in middle pick and roll with the size, length, and speed they bring to the table.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I was actually worried about that when I saw him in preseason. Alot of those ripped dudes lose range of motion.
I still remember that season when Mike Bibby came in looking like a professional wrestler after lifting the whole off-season and he was clanking his shots all year. Though in the second half today it also looked like Buddy was having trouble just getting open. I suspect all the effort he's putting in on defense now is sapping his wind. If he's going to keep taking 10 threes a game he'd better find a way to make 40% of them or something close to that or he might lose more than just his starting spot. I think right now he's learning the difference between hunting shots on a bad team and playing to win.

6 games into his rookie year too. That internal clock is one of those things that you either have or you don't.
It also explains why everyone loves to play with him. He's playing with natural rhythm. He ain't Magic but it's the same vibe so I get the whispers. Vivek found his musical genius finally. Now he needs to find the right conductor and he's good to go.

I still remember that season when Mike Bibby came in looking like a professional wrestler after lifting the whole off-season and he was clanking his shots all year. Though in the second half today it also looked like Buddy was having trouble just getting open. I suspect all the effort he's putting in on defense now is sapping his wind. If he's going to keep taking 10 threes a game he'd better find a way to make 40% of them or something close to that or he might lose more than just his starting spot. I think right now he's learning the difference between hunting shots on a bad team and playing to win.
Mike Bibby.jpg

Rese has Twitter buzzing

Joe Cowley @JCowleyHoops
Would you rather have moved forward with a backcourt of Zach and Coby or Coby and Haliburton?

Joe Cowley @JCowleyHoops
Tyrese Haliburton ... he was on the Bulls radar ... just not enough....

Mike McGraw @McGrawDHBulls
Haliburton (17-7-6) sticking it to #Bulls for passing on him in draft and Lockport native Richaun Holmes (24 & 8) showing out for the home TV audience. Not looking good for Bulls in final 10 secs

Michael Gallagher @MikeSGallagher
Tweets from the future: Tyrese Haliburton will start Friday against the Raptors.

Sam Vecenie @Sam_Vecenie
Tyrese Haliburton started the day by dunking on Trump and ended it by calling game on the Bulls. Just an all-around perfect day for an awesome player and a person widely considered by everyone who has come into contact with him as an elite human.

StatMuse @statmuse
Tyrese Haliburton played his best game as a rookie tonight. 17 PTS 7 REB 6 AST 3 STL 3 3PM (including dagger) He’s the first Kings rookie with a 15/5/5/3s game since DeMarcus Cousins in 2011. pic.twitter.com/ALtebVkGYi
reply retweet like

Jones is objectively one of the best PbP guys in sports but yeah Draper definitely fits the local announcer role much better thanks to his decade of training under the goat Tommy Heinsohn.
Yeah, they are just two different types of skillsets for sure. Jones is great at what he does. Just like Koz is undoubtedly one of the best live without a net pregame guys of all time.