[Game] Kings vs Rockets, 1/2/2021, 2PM PST, 5PM EST

Where were you the night Tony Delk scored 53 points on the Kings?

• Total voters
At this point, if it was just his dad having a hairy trigger on social, that's actually the easier fix. The worst case scenario is that Bagley is just letting his dad voice his opinion for him. So this brings me to believe that MB3 himself needs to come out and say something.

Marvin Bagley is an average NBA player. Buddy Hield is also an average NBA player. If we could somehow trade both of those guys for a legit superstsar or a legit young prospect, we’d most likely reach playoffs this season.

Marvin Bagley is an average NBA player. Buddy Hield is also an average NBA player. If we could somehow trade both of those guys for a legit superstsar or a legit young prospect, we’d most likely reach playoffs this season.
Lu Dort

Holmes has put up numbers and his play has been good relative to what should be expected of him. But I still think he should be traded. He simply doesn't fit what they want on offense (a faciliating big) and he doesn't have the length to be a true switching interior presence.
Holmes at this point had, (1) EARNED the starting role (2) scores off scraps (3) got stronger every year since his rookie season (4) parents celebrate wins and family does a lot for the community. I'll forever root for Holmes success, here or elsewhere but preferably here.

Holmes at this point had, (1) EARNED the starting role (2) scores off scraps (3) got stronger every year since his rookie season (4) parents celebrate wins and family does a lot for the community. I'll forever root for Holmes success, here or elsewhere but preferably here.
Buddy + Holmes for Dort + Horford. I hate that Horford contract, but he could play the roles that are needed for this current Kings system. And I think Dort is a raw diamond. Best on the ball defender in the league. Expanding offensive game.

Filler on either side to make it work. I think OKC says no.

And I think OKC and the league see Bazely > Bagley. By a wide margin at this point.

dude12

Hall of Famer
How does Cojo play 28+ mins and get ZERO assists?
And in reality, he’s not a lockdown defender. I think he’s a solid defender and sometimes, if you stick him on certain guys, he’s extremely good but faster players, he doesn’t handle well anymore. I really would at this point see Kyle Guy and Justin James and Jahmius Ramsey because those 3 might have a future with us as opposed to Cojo

How does Cojo play 28+ mins and get ZERO assists?
Yeah but that was kind of a team wide issue, the Rockets were in all the places where Walton was attempting to hammer his offense. And hammer away he did. Also, Cojo is a 2.9 apg PG in his career so it's not like Steve Nash is lurking in there somewhere. haha.

And in reality, he’s not a lockdown defender. I think he’s a solid defender and sometimes, if you stick him on certain guys, he’s extremely good but faster players, he doesn’t handle well anymore. I really would at this point see Kyle Guy and Justin James and Jahmius Ramsey because those 3 might have a future with us as opposed to Cojo
Spot on, on similarly sized bulky guards he's really effective. And in passing lanes but yeah, in no way is he some kind of stopper like a Marcus Smart type. Whatever illusion there may have been is gone after his play against the players Walton puts him on. He sat Buddy in the bubble to have Joseph stop Luka, sure worked, not. Bigger scoring guards like Booker with the Suns eat him alive and shoot over him all night. He's played mostly SG this year and it's not fair to him or the team apparently.

I don’t understand Bagleys dads perspective. It’s not like the Kings haven’t given Bagley every possible opportunity to succeed. He’s been given starters minutes every time he’s been healthy, which hasn’t been often. He’s been a central part of the offense with 12 fga per game since he was drafted. Every failing he’s experienced is solely his and his fathers fault as far as I’m concerned.

Holmes has put up numbers and his play has been good relative to what should be expected of him. But I still think he should be traded. He simply doesn't fit what they want on offense (a faciliating big) and he doesn't have the length to be a true switching interior presence.
Trade him to Phoenix for Kaminsky and Damian Jones (25 yr old former 1st rd pick by GSW).

I don’t understand Bagleys dads perspective. It’s not like the Kings haven’t given Bagley every possible opportunity to succeed. He’s been given starters minutes every time he’s been healthy, which hasn’t been often. He’s been a central part of the offense with 12 fga per game since he was drafted. Every failing he’s experienced is solely his and his fathers fault as far as I’m concerned.
He angry Bags hasn’t been used much in the 4th quarter this season, and it seems unlikely that will change even if Bags becomes more efficient in his minutes since the small lineup with Holmes, Barnes, Buddy, Hali, and Fox seems like it will be Luke’s go to...for good reason so far. So I think his reaction is based on Bagley having an OK game, the Kings collectively having a terrible game, but Bagley not getting back in when the lineup on the floor wasn’t getting it done....but he also sees the writing on the wall that Marvin might not get to be a 4th quarter player this season.

He angry Bags hasn’t been used much in the 4th quarter this season, and it seems unlikely that will change even if Bags becomes more efficient in his minutes since the small lineup with Holmes, Barnes, Buddy, Hali, and Fox seems like it will be Luke’s go to...for good reason so far. So I think his reaction is based on Bagley having an OK game, the Kings collectively having a terrible game, but Bagley not getting back in when the lineup on the floor wasn’t getting it done....but he also sees the writing on the wall that Marvin might not get to be a 4th quarter player this season.
After watching 6 games. I don't think BAGS is starter material yet. I think Walton has been too nice giving Bagley starter minutes. He could grow a lot more being a 6man for the Kings. I also think it would be nice to see Jabari, or Belly get run with the starters instead.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
that 4th quarter was difficult to watch. No execution or run plays. Robinson played way too many minutes, would of liked to see some more minutes for Guy and a couple of plays ran for him to use his shooting to spread the floor. Rockets meanwhile continue their dominance over the Kings.

Bagley def makes his mistakes, but so does everyone else. Fox threw up a trash 3 last game after going 1 for 7 from 3. Even the biggest fan knew that shot wasn't going in. Bagley got bodied and then got his dribble stolen falling possession. Didn't see him again whole game. Makes no sense of he is supppst to be a key piece. If he's not its unacceptable, considering he's was 2nd pick of draft and not considered a reach. We need to give him real minutes. And that goes for everyone. Starters should get 30+ min a game period and the benhc should provide a spark, not be the gameplan. And where is Whiteside!

Kings had one of the best benches during our best era. And even Bobbitt Jackson wasn't getting the 28 min that Joseph got today. Sick of these kings coaches picking there favorites with no common sense for the future. The guy above said to start beli. Come on man. Why? I love beli but he's def not getting us over the hump. We need our Youngs to develop. Thst means play time and lots of it.

And Robs the Name

After watching 6 games. I don't think BAGS is starter material yet. I think Walton has been too nice giving Bagley starter minutes. He could grow a lot more being a 6man for the Kings. I also think it would be nice to see Jabari, or Belly get run with the starters instead.
We really should have played Whiteside especially two games ago when C. Wood was torching Bagley.
Why doesn't Luke give Whiteside mins? He's more productive than the other bigs.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I missed the game today, did we hear a reason why Whiteside didn't play? Considering Halliburton is probably our best perimeter defender already and he couldn't play, it's a curious choice by Coach Walton to then bench our best interior defensive presence for the whole game. Everyone seemed to feed off Whiteside's presence in the post all pre-season since they can switch more aggressively knowing nobody is going to stroll in there and get an easy layup against him. That's why I was hoping he would take Holmes' place in the starting lineup. Failing that, there's no excuse for taking him out of the rotation entirely. Especially not against a team featuring John Wall as a leading scorer.

I also think Bjelica should only be used situationally and might not be a good fit in every game. With Holmes coming off the bench we wouldn't need him to play as many minutes. It's also pretty clear that we still have a glaring lack of playmaking on the bench without Haliburton. Get well soon Tyrese! Please! Luke Walton is doing his best to keep us in lottery land. It remains to be seen how long McNair and co will tolerate that.

Bagley will always be a bitter reminder of a blown draft and Vlade's overall debacle of a tenure. I pray we trade him for whatever the market will bear. The core is Fox + Haliburton. Bagley will always be symbolic of "superteam just young that never materialized" (Fox, Bagley, Giles). I just want it over with.

I saw something midgame "no Whiteside" so assumed there was a valid reason but when I google it I can't find one. Really no excuse in this game not to put other players in during the 4th when nothing was working. That may have been the worst quarter of basketball I've watched in years, though the 3rd quarter when both teams stunk wasn't too much better unless you enjoyed those years of 85-78 scores.

Bagley will always be a bitter reminder of a blown draft and Vlade's overall debacle of a tenure. I pray we trade him for whatever the market will bear. The core is Fox + Haliburton. Bagley will always be symbolic of "superteam just young that never materialized" (Fox, Bagley, Giles). I just want it over with.
I don't think he's untouchable but moving him now just to eyebleach the anger of him not being a different player everybody wanted to draft would be foolish.

I don't think he's untouchable but moving him now just to eyebleach the anger of him not being a different player everybody wanted to draft would be foolish.
I should be more clear... I think we should trade him because he has a lame work ethic - still has a useless right hand - can't hang onto the ball - AND is a constant reminder of a blown draft and a blown plan by a failed GM. If he had come to the league and worked... we would be seeing a guy with SOME right hand and the ability to maintain a grip on the ball in traffic.

It is not just about eyebleach (which I will look up, and use in my vocab from now on because it is an awesome expression)