[Game] Kings vs Rockets, 1/2/2021, 2PM PST, 5PM EST

Where were you the night Tony Delk scored 53 points on the Kings?

• Total voters
The Rockets are one of those teams that has never committed a foul in their life while simultaneously being fouled on every single play they make.

This game was winnable. The Kings players simply didn't execute. Holmes missed a bunch of bunnies, think Buddy has missed his last 5 shots. Cojo didn't do anything all game. Ball movement died--this is what happens when your highest IQ player is out.

Fox and Bags are the only players that played well.

Nothing wrong with that call. Barnes is our best post player.
Against one of the better post defenders when you're running what little clock you've got? Nah, not in this situation and regardless, its grind ball. You want to grind do it when there's clock. There is a reason the team is vacillating between mid rung and hopeless in pace so far this year.

dude12

Hall of Famer
This game was winnable. The Kings players simply didn't execute. Holmes missed a bunch of bunnies, think Buddy has missed his last 5 shots. Cojo didn't do anything all game. Ball movement died--this is what happens when your highest IQ player is out.

Fox and Bags are the only players that played well.
I look at Walton for this loss. At what point to you change the lineup when the ball has stopped for about all the second half.

Against one of the better post defenders when you're running what little clock you've got? Nah, not in this situation and regardless, its grind ball. You want to grind do it when there's clock. There is a reason the team is vacillating between mid rung and hopeless in pace so far this year.
What game are you watching? You want the Kings to be shooting jumpers when they've missed pretty much every jumper in the 4th?

The game was within a few stops at that point. You grind for points to close the gap.

We essentially played an 8 man rotation tonight. What is going on with this? Waltons going to get himself fired.
He let our players out there getting exposed and had to come up with plays themselves. I can't blame anyone really for missing the shots because that's just how the game is. You make some you miss some. But Luke Walton's inability to draw up any meaningful small runs with multiple succession plays is the key in my opinion.

you think walton's tactics is the biggest problem? i don't see any tactics, just a de'arons iso ball...
and that looks ugly to me
It's a huge problem. Tack that on to lame duck holdover status and him not at all putting out the product the new GM was selling at the very least from a rotational standpoint, yeah that falls into the you gave it the old college try category, a few more games of this and you're just wasting time. The way he's playing them there is a chance they might be a decent mid lotto half court big team. That's all most likely unless Fox grows wings.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
What game are you watching? You want the Kings to be shooting jumpers when they've missed pretty much every jumper in the 4th?

The game was within a few stops at that point. You grind for points to close the gap.
The Rockets had no answer for the top of the key Fox PnR all first half. I don’t think we ran it once after halftime

That sucked. I really thought when Wood got tagged with his 5th we would take over and instead we scored like 5 baskets. Haliburton's absence was something else. As great as he looks on the court, this team is dreadful without him. What a steal.

I look at Walton for this loss. At what point to you change the lineup when the ball has stopped for about all the second half.
He should've pulled GRIII early. Dude sucks. He had Guy in there, who was 0 for 3 or 4.

Walton was trying.

This game was 80% on the players, 20% on the coaching. They simply missed shots.

I've said a million times what they should be doing. Run that high middle pick and roll until the wheels fall off. Post play can happen but again, this is what your coach is drawing up in this situation. At this point that just looks like trying to lessen the blow to your own record, lol. We've seen enough to know where the ray of light comes from. Buddy either goes ham or the opposing team wants to grind with you.

dude12

Hall of Famer
He should've pulled GRIII early. Dude sucks. He had Guy in there, who was 0 for 3 or 4.

Walton was trying.

This game was 80% on the players, 20% on the coaching. They simply missed shots.
He wasn’t trying,he was staying with the same group over and over. Needed 1 more ball handler or creator and I would have had Guy in there but how good are players going to be when they zero run in previous games. Walton was a huge fail.

Walton was trying.

100% disagree. You can't fault the players too much when they put themselves in difficult positions to score. That part is scheme and plays from your coaching staff. If a player keeps trying to score in difficult position, it's up to you as head coach to change it either by taking the player out or drawing up something for him to score a few buckets easier.

Ran it at least twice in the fourth. Once was a Holmes dunk. Another was a Holmes easy miss.
At least twice? Yep. 'Nuff said. Look, I get Walton not wanting to be one dimensional but this is him with your back against the wall? This is the same guy in the bubble. Sitting with a blank stare as he watches the world around him burn, haha. There is a perfect team for that mentality, but not this one apparently.