Tyrese, Swipa, and the Sacramento Kings

Buddy and bogdan used to do this to each other whenever it happen to come up. It was funny everybody laughs.
It’s not a shot at Buddy. If I had $500k tied up in TOs per game, I’d do the same thing.

Buddy is the only one on the team who has something to lose in that scenario. It may be a small loss as 1 turnover over the course of a season may not hurt him but a loss nonetheless. Hield shot 84.6% from the FT line last year. He has $500k incentives tied to shooting at least 85%. If Hield made 1 more free throw, he would have been above it. Sometimes it can be that close.

I get that it’s sort of a funny thing, but I wanted to point out that Buddy is also the only person on the team with something to lose in that scenario, and that I wouldn’t blame him if he continued to do it in the future.

No, BUDDY SELFISH. BUDDY TEAM CANCER. HE CHEST BUMPS GUYS TO TRY TO INJURE THEM AND RAN OFF THE COURT AFTER THE GAME WINNING TIP IN HOPES THEY WOULD COLLAPASE OF FATIGUE
Right, you got me. That was definitely my underlying message. Been waiting for someone to finally read between the lines...

It’s not a shot at Buddy. If I had $500k tied up in TOs per game, I’d do the same thing.

Buddy is the only one on the team who has something to lose in that scenario. It may be a small loss as 1 turnover over the course of a season may not hurt him but a loss nonetheless. Hield shot 84.6% from the FT line last year. He has $500k incentives tied to shooting at least 85%. If Hield made 1 more free throw, he would have been above it. Sometimes it can be that close.

I get that it’s sort of a funny thing, but I wanted to point out that Buddy is also the only person on the team with something to lose in that scenario, and that I wouldn’t blame him if he continued to do it in the future.

Right, you got me. That was definitely my underlying message. Been waiting for someone to finally read between the lines...

In the end it doesn’t matter because a shot clock violation is a team turnover not an individual turnover.

In the end it doesn’t matter because a shot clock violation is a team turnover not an individual turnover.
Yes, I believe you’re right. Kings had 10 TOs when you sum the box score but the team stats show 11 TOs.

If that’s the case, makes you wonder why they do it to begin with? Perhaps Hield and co are unaware themselves that it doesn’t count against the individual?

It’s like a joke that’s missing a punchline at that point.

Yes, I believe you’re right. Kings had 10 TOs when you sum the box score but the team stats show 11 TOs.

If that’s the case, makes you wonder why they do it to begin with? Perhaps Hield and co are unaware themselves that it doesn’t count against the individual?

It’s like a joke that’s missing a punchline at that point.
Where would it say 11 turnovers? I’ve looked at the game summary on nba.com and yahoo and both say the kings had 10 turnovers and and nuggets 19. Also when adding up the kings players stats it adds up to 10. I never looked for team stats so wondering if it’s different than the summary that has team shooting %, assists, rebounds etc

Where would it say 11 turnovers? I’ve looked at the game summary on nba.com and yahoo and both say the kings had 10 turnovers and and nuggets 19. Also when adding up the kings players stats it adds up to 10. I never looked for team stats so wondering if it’s different than the summary that has team shooting %, assists, rebounds etc
You can also have team rebounds that aren't credited to an individual. I believe if the opposing team takes a shot and then the ball goes out of bounds off the opposing team, it would count as a team defensive rebound (but it wouldn't be assigned to anyone in particular). You can see the rebound discrepancy in those images I posted above.

Buddy has incentives tied to turnovers per game so I wouldn’t put it past him to do this repeatedly.
It's a team turnover, it doesn't count towards personal TO.
(EDIT: At 2 seconds left in the 4th quarter on the play-by-play it says Kings turnover (Shot clock violation) )

Last edited:
I kinda thought buddy and fox laughing about making the rook pay his dues and take the end of the game turnover was pretty hilarious. But the best part, Ty took it like a team player. Pay his dues and keep that team chemistry. I could totally see some other rookie thinking he’s a big shot and too big to listen to a vet and risk his stats. Ty sees the forrest past the trees.
That was awesome all around. They were ALL laughing their a$$es off. The kid seems to be the total package - as a player, teammate, and personality.

Good find. That 2nd turnover is pretty much BS too since he actually stole the ball and was just saving it from going OOB. So, basically, he had one bad play last game. Gotta love him.