Buddy Hield CANNOT start.

Finally finished reading the thread. Just more excuses for a mediocre player that talks crap through the media and like posts about him leaving comical. People don’t even like when stars do it but y’all in here excusing this dudes behavior when he doesn’t move the needle, big deal you’re not starting get over it you already got paid and get minutes.

Either you’re buddy’s agent or trolling
Just trying to provide a unique perspective. I think fans get lost in the idea of an NBA player being a professional, and they overlook that theyre human like everyone else. Moreover, they might experience more difficulty dealing with situations like this because they can be really egotistical; its one of the traits that helped them get to where they are, after all.

Finally finished reading the thread. Just more excuses for a mediocre player that talks crap through the media and like posts about him leaving comical. People don’t even like when stars do it but y’all in here excusing this dudes behavior when he doesn’t move the needle, big deal you’re not starting get over it you already got paid and get minutes.
"Doesn't move the needle" sounds like reverse engineering of the argument at hand. That the Kings suck is not an indicator of how good of a player Buddy is.

I also dont think Haliburton will be ready for 15-20 minutes per game. Perhaps he can compensate with his height and length, but mans is quite thin. He also had a tough time in certain scenarios in college, and that difficulty is going to be amplified in the NBA. Still think he'll turn out to be a really good player.
He did put on 17-18 pounds since college. I don’t expect his weight to be an issue but he does need to get stronger.

Just trying to provide a unique perspective. I think fans get lost in the idea of an NBA player being a professional, and they overlook that theyre human like everyone else. Moreover, they might experience more difficulty dealing with situations like this because they can be really egotistical; its one of the traits that helped them get to where they are, after all.
And they're coddled as **** from the time they hit their first growth spurt. It is what it is. That's up to the people that created that reality to deal with it appropriately in the end. We'll see what goes down with Harden but players rarely if ever lose that staring contest with a franchise. The only hope is to make them happy or get them out BEFORE the you know what starts hitting the fan. It's too late here. And the Kings over the last few seasons have almost made it a specific mission to pee players off. That's crippling for franchises. I mean, look at the Knicks! They're still basically paying for the sins of nearly 20 years ago.

He did put on 17-18 pounds since college. I don’t expect his weight to be an issue but he does need to get stronger.
Yeah that's why he needs time. See where he's at, don't hide him on the bench like they did with so many other young players unless he's becoming a detriment to the team winning games at a playoff clip. If this team stinks either way or is at best mediocre I think Monte will really start moving forward towards the future.

And they're coddled as **** from the time they hit their first growth spurt. It is what it is. That's up to the people that created that reality to deal with it appropriately in the end. We'll see what goes down with Harden but players rarely if ever lose that staring contest with a franchise. The only hope is to make them happy or get them out BEFORE the you know what starts hitting the fan. It's too late here. And the Kings over the last few seasons have almost made it a specific mission to pee players off. That's crippling for franchises. I mean, look at the Knicks! They're still basically paying for the sins of nearly 20 years ago.
It's been too late here for about 15 years.

If there is no trade before the season Buddy should absolutely not be a starter. His social media antics cannot be rewarded it would send a message that the new regime is soft and gives into role players. Buddy is a sunk cost and should be treated as such.
1. After letting go of last year's "Quasi Starter" and receiving nothing in exchange; and
2. signing Buddy this year to a long term contract for 24 mil per this upcoming season with total contract at 82mil to make him your highest paid player; with
3. the alternative starter being a 20 year old just drafted rookie,

And you don't start Buddy?

This really is one of the goofiest suggestions I've heard regarding the Kings in sometime...Right up there with Vlade being good at drafting.

1. After letting go of last year's "Quasi Starter" and receiving nothing in exchange; and
2. signing Buddy this year to a long term contract for 24 mil per this upcoming season with total contract at 82mil to make him your highest paid player; with
3. the alternative starter being a 20 year old just drafted rookie,

And you don't start Buddy?

This really is one of the goofiest suggestions I've heard regarding the Kings in sometime...Right up there with Vlade being good at drafting.
Merit. Best man starts. By the second half of the season, Halliburton > Buddy.

And, yes, it's because I'm that high on Halliburton and meh on Buddy. Buddy is a 6th man.

Until Haliburton proves himself, Buddy is the starter. If Haliburton is as good as advertised, he and Fox can start later in the season, and Buddy would be devastating as the leader of the second unit. Volume scorer, and his deficiencies in other areas wouldn't be as glaring.

Merit. Best man starts. By the second half of the season, Halliburton > Buddy.

And, yes, it's because I'm that high on Halliburton and meh on Buddy. Buddy is a 6th man.
They've said Fox is the guy moving forward. Who starts is who fits best. There is no reason both don't fit but for Buddy and Fox to not be a super complimentary duo would be either puzzling, angering, or disastrous.

That's argument #1, but I think people who expect Haliburton to come in and be better than Buddy in his rookie season, let alone from game one, need a hard reality check.
People don’t realize the overall picture and just see this year’s mock draft. A player that dropped to 12 in a draft year that is highly considered a weak draft isn’t going to start over buddy or bogi if we kept him. Especially with no summer league. People throw aside bagley and he probably would have been the consensus top pick in this years draft. I hope the kid becomes everything we hope he will but we gotta let him go through the growing pains and not expect too much too soon.

Posting this here since there was some discussion over a quote from Hield on his defense. If you listen to the whole question (it's the last question, you can start near the end of that's all you're interested in) and response, it's not even a debate about what he meant (i.e. it's not that he doesn't care about defense). I really think that the local media is out to paint him in a bad picture sometimes, there's just no good reason to tweet half of what he says.

Posting this here since there was some discussion over a quote from Hield on his defense. If you listen to the whole question (it's the last question, you can start near the end of that's all you're interested in) and response, it's not even a debate about what he meant (i.e. it's not that he doesn't care about defense). I really think that the local media is out to paint him in a bad picture sometimes, there's just no good reason to tweet half of what he says.

You are right, what he said before and after the little snippet they quoted puts it into context. And the question itself was in regards to a successful defensive play he made....... his answer showed a little bit of humility.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Plus - he went out and played D. Showing is more important than quoting.
Right. If this had been a normal player, the story would have been "Buddy wants to play better defense" but since a certain portion of the Sacramento sports media landscape is of the mindset that controversy sells, the story somehow became "ZOMG Buddy antics"

It's only preseason but he has looked better on that end of the floor thus far.

So the Kings don't start Buddy-the reigning 3 point champion with the newly signed 82 million dollar contract for 4 years, and start 20 year old Haliburton.

Buddy, as previously displayed, will be dis-gruntled. And you try to trade him all the while he is collecting on his big contract? Does this maximize his trade value. Certainly, this a way going forward but in my view, this way minimizes Buddy's potential trade value.

However, maybe you think with Haliburton as a starter and Buddy coming off the bench, we are a playoff team this year, or even a top 8 team currently.

On the other hand, in my view, this is a re-build and the Kings need to maximize the value of the tradeable assets...thus showcasing Buddy. Otherwise, you might be able to trade Buddy, for other dis-gruntled players, or other non-performing players on bad contracts only, and not on youth or picks.

Last edited:
So the Kings don't start Buddy-the reigning 3 point champion with the newly signed 82 million dollar contract for 4 years, and start 20 year old Haliburton.

Buddy, as previously displayed, will be dis-gruntled. And you try trade him all the while he is collecting on his big contract? Does this maximize his trade value. Certainly, this a way going forward but in my view, this way minimizes Buddy's potential trade value.

However, maybe you think with Haliburton as a starter and Buddy coming off the bench, we are a playoff team this year, or even a top 8 team currently.

On the other hand, in my view, this is a re-build and the Kings need to maximize the value of the tradeable assets...thus showcasing Buddy. Otherwise, you might be able to trade Buddy, for other dis-gruntled players, or other non-performing players on bad contracts only, and not on youth or picks.
This assumes Buddy's value will be maximized as a starter. We disagree there. He's at his best as a 6th man.

But beyond maximizing assets, Halliburton will be levels above Buddy by the 2H. Best man starts.

It's early, so my views may change, but I prefer the ball in Haliburton's hands and facilitating. So a Buddy/Fox and Buddy/Haliburton pairing is greater than a Fox/Haliburton pairing. Having Haliburton come off the bench and run that second team would be more impactful than letting Buddy run that unit.
100% agree. Stagger the minutes in such a way that Buddy never plays point. That was a horrible failure of an experiment last year when everyone was sick and hurt. No need to repeat that this year with Fox, Haliburton, and Guy on the roster.

Buddy is at his best When they play him in that Reggie Miller, Rip Hamilton, Klay Thompson role where he fights off screens and gets open looks. Buddy has the stamina to do it.