Goodbye Harry

Why though? What exactly would you be proving, and who to? Giles was beloved by the fanbase, and the GM that didn't extend him is gone.
The Blazers signed Harry for $1.7M.
If he makes the team, the Kings will pay Frank Kaminsky $1.9M.
Their style of play is not comparable, and neither is their potential (Kaminsky is who he is; Giles hasn't touched his ceiling yet). But both were free agent Centers. There is a comparison there.
Monte probably could have kept Harry on the Kings if he'd wanted him.
That's the only complaint I have so far with Monte. And for all I know, Monte could turn out to be right about Giles. But if Giles reaches his potential, this will end up being the one that Monte let get away, and not the one that Vlade scewed up.

That's the only complaint I have so far with Monte. And for all I know, Monte could turn out to be right about Giles. But if Giles reaches his potential, this will end up being the one that Monte let get away, and not the one that Vlade scewed up.
it’s also possible this was a decision made by Harry and his agent. It’s possible he wanted a fresh start.
Harry was likely to receive only garbage minutes if he re-signed with the Kings too. I’m shocked he didn’t find another team that would have given him more of an opportunity.

it’s also possible this was a decision made by Harry and his agent. It’s possible he wanted a fresh start.
Harry was likely to receive only garbage minutes if he re-signed with the Kings too. I’m shocked he didn’t find another team that would have given him more of an opportunity.
I agree think he wanted that fresh start. Im surprised he didn't end up somewhere like Charlotte for a little more money on possibly a multi year deal. He could've gotten real playing time as they lack bigs and could fit their young core. I'm rooting for him no matter what though really do hope he shines.

Don’t care. Just like I wanted and rooted for DMC to thrive and spite the team, I want Harry to thrive.
But I can understand DMC - Vlade was around (who traded him and talked about culture), there were lots of fans and people around the league (including me) who didn't think he was worth the trouble. So if DMC thrived, you were indeed spiting the team and those who didn't want Cousins. But this is the opposite for GIles - pretty much everybody wanted him around and the ones who didn't are gone (unless you want to make a case for Monte as jcassio did above). So I'm not sure who exactly you're spiting other than yourself and your own Kings fandom, and I'm not sure why.

Harry had some nice run last season with the Kings. He filled in when Holmes and Bagley were out with injuries and played pretty well. I wish him the best. IMO the Kings supported Harry and believed in him when most did not. He rehabbed here and us Fans love him for his determination.

When the Kings play Portland or Houston I want the Kings to crush them.

Harry had some nice run last season with the Kings. He filled in when Holmes and Bagley were out with injuries and played pretty well. I wish him the best. IMO the Kings supported Harry and believed in him when most did not. He rehabbed here and us Fans love him for his determination.

When the Kings play Portland or Houston I want the Kings to crush them.
I think most of us want the Kings to Crush the Rockets or Blazers, but for Boogie or Giles to have great individual games. I was at Wade's last game in Sac, got to see him play well and put on a show. But the night also ended with the Kings winning, the best of both worlds.

Straight up had more fun watching Giles play than anything the Kings did tonight. At least I’m just done with caring for the time being. Lol
Funny he didn't even get to show off his passing ability. But sometimes I think the Kings relied on that too much, instead of letting him play off actual playmakers.

Straight up had more fun watching Giles play than anything the Kings did tonight. At least I’m just done with caring for the time being. Lol
Keep in mind he was playing against our "bigs" ... I do hope he becomes a consistent player though. One of my fav players on the team the past few seasons.

Well Done Harry! 8 for 13, 14 RB,18 Pts,3 Steals,2 Blocks
He out played Enes,Holmes,Frank, Metu

Yes we dont know all the facts and its a big debate why he is gone (other than Vlade screwing up)
but if it was Monte not showing Kings love and not aggressively trying to make a 3-4 mil offer
Then its just one more Kangz screwup

I hope Harry takes all of Enes Kanter's minutes!
Nurkic will be starter, Does Collins usually play C only?
Hope he works into the rotation this year

Yes we dont know all the facts and its a big debate why he is gone (other than Vlade screwing up)
but if it was Monte not showing Kings love and not aggressively trying to make a 3-4 mil offer

He’s gone because of Vlade’s rediculous decision. Who knows if Monte tried to convince him to stay, but given the cap on what they could offer him, I suspect it didn’t matter to Harry. I’m sure he wanted a fresh start.

The national media will continue to mock the kings this year regarding this and the Bogi decisions all season, but both were dictated by the previous regime. At this point, I plan to follow the growth of both players and not going to get upset at current management if they blow up.

He’s gone because of Vlade’s rediculous decision. Who knows if Monte tried to convince him to stay, but given the cap on what they could offer him, I suspect it didn’t matter to Harry. I’m sure he wanted a fresh start.

The national media will continue to mock the kings this year regarding this and the Bogi decisions all season, but both were dictated by the previous regime. At this point, I plan to follow the growth of both players and not going to get upset at current management if they blow up.
I think Carmichael Dave asked him in an interview why they didn’t resign him since he signed for the minimum. I dunno if it was gm talk or what but basically said we’re moving on and then kinda sidestepped the question and said he’s happy with whiteside signing if I remember correctly. I dunno if he’s just taking the bullet but sounds like it was his decision and you can’t blame vlade. Yea he didn’t extend him but then we’d be bashing him for paying 4 million for a guy who only got vets minimum on the market.

It’s probably gonna be nurkic Collins kanter then Giles. Giles got to play today cuz two of the 3 in front of him couldn’t play. Hopefully with last nights showing tho, he opened some eyes and might get more pt but honestly he might be sitting a lot and only play when there are injuries. Kinda like skal did last year

The Blazers signed Harry for $1.7M.
If he makes the team, the Kings will pay Frank Kaminsky $1.9M.
Their style of play is not comparable, and neither is their potential (Kaminsky is who he is; Giles hasn't touched his ceiling yet). But both were free agent Centers. There is a comparison there.
Monte probably could have kept Harry on the Kings if he'd wanted him.
only complaint?? He botched the free agency of Bogi, didn’t retain Giles.... so far he isn’t looking much better than the previous GM’s but given Vivek is still the owner that fact shouldn’t surprise.

If he played like he did last night he will make an impact on that Blazers team. One injury and he could be in the rotation. However, as others have mentioned, we have seen these flashes before. Hopefully he is consistent.

We will never know if Monte tried to sign Harry. As much as Kings fans love him, you could make an arguement he doesn’t fit the direction Monte wants to go. His strengths are hustle plays and energy. We have a better version (at least currently) on the roster with Holmes. Harry doesn’t spread the floor or defend well.

only complaint?? He botched the free agency of Bogi, didn’t retain Giles.... so far he isn’t looking much better than the previous GM’s but given Vivek is still the owner that fact shouldn’t surprise.
Yeah, my only complaint.
I like his draft picks. I like his free agent hauls.
Not resigning Giles and Bogi give me pause. I like both of them as players and as people.
But I understand the Bogi decision, and don’t think it was made easily. But a GM either stays true to his priorities or he doesn’t. Matching Bogi’s offer sheet would have changed Monte’s priorities.
But Giles is another matter. Young, full of upside, Why not attempt to sign him for the min as the #2 center (behind Holmes) with the clear expectation that he improve his defense? Think Giles and Bagley are not complementary? I can recall many games from 2 yrs ago when they would come in to games together (the “Dukies”) and really give the team a big lift.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Wrong. With those guys, we are no better. And he did have a deal in place for Bogi but he made the right move not giving Bogi the overpriced contract.

Yeah, my only complaint.
I like his draft picks. I like his free agent hauls.
Not resigning Giles and Bogi give me pause. I like both of them as players and as people.
But I understand the Bogi decision, and don’t think it was made easily. But a GM either stays true to his priorities or he doesn’t. Matching Bogi’s offer sheet would have changed Monte’s priorities.
But Giles is another matter. Young, full of upside, Why not attempt to sign him for the min as the #2 center (behind Holmes) with the clear expectation that he improve his defense? Think Giles and Bagley are not complementary? I can recall many games from 2 yrs ago when they would come in to games together (the “Dukies”) and really give the team a big lift.
the issue with Bogi is if McNeil were prepared he should have gotten 2 high 2nds (OKC’s) and a trade exception that could have been used to take back a player and another pick without having to send salaries out. It was sheer incompetence and worse than not signing Bagley, It was just as bad as Vlade not knowing he could use the stretch provision.

Last edited: