Sayonara Buddy...Looks like he wants out, Philly deal

dude12

Hall of Famer
Most likely MPJ is not going anywhere but having watched Denver in the playoff bubble, his defense is not up to an acceptable Malone standard. So there is a slim chance Denver would move him if it means they can get to the next level. That said, yeah, I suspect Bol Bol is much easier to obtain although I think I read Jerami Grant opted out. I do think Denver and Sac could be a fit as trade partners though.

Read your tag line..If you can dream it......

Harris will be involved due to salary plus he replaces Buddy but Bol Bol would be a target, Bol Bol is easier to get than Porter Jr. I would add in Richuan Holmes if it meant we could have a chance to obtain Porter Jr
I would add any player not nicknamed Swipa to land MPJ:)

Definetly shouldn’t be in any hurry to move Buddy with a full multi year contract ahead of him. He has no cards. Almost all proposals I’ve heard here and elsewhere undervalue him to an obscene level. At this rate, it should be a steal or no deal. What Buddy prefers is meaningless. I hear he wants Dallas or Miami who have exactly no pieces I want outside of pieces they won’t move.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definetly shouldn’t be in any hurry to move Buddy with a full multi year contract ahead of him. He has no cards. Almost all proposals I’ve heard here and elsewhere undervalue him to an obscene level. At this rate, it should be a steal or no deal. What Buddy prefers is meaningless. I hear he wants Dallas or Miami who have exactly no pieces I want outside of pieces they won’t move.
Agreed. If a good deal is there, great. If not, Hield is signed for four years and isn't a good enough player to force his way to a preferred destination.

Him starting does get in the way of tanking next season but not enough to give up the only real trade asset other than Fox (who shouldn't be going anywhere) for pennies on the dollar.

I gotta say - 2 years ago Garry Harris Jr was a better player than Hield was last year. I don’t know what happened, but he’d be an interesting reclamation piece. But I agree, Hield has much more value than Harris, now. Harris, Barton plus a young asset would intrigue me. But I don’t see Denver wanting a Hield and Murray backcourt. That would be a horrible defensive team.

Also, based on the rest of the Pacific Division - we are tanking next year whether we want to or not. Holding on to Hield won’t change that.

I gotta say - 2 years ago Garry Harris Jr was a better player than Hield was last year. I don’t know what happened, but he’d be an interesting reclamation piece. But I agree, Hield has much more value than Harris, now. Harris, Barton plus a young asset would intrigue me. But I don’t see Denver wanting a Hield and Murray backcourt. That would be a horrible defensive team.

Also, based on the rest of the Pacific Division - we are tanking next year whether we want to or not. Holding on to Hield won’t change that.
What happened is he fell back in the pack as more talented players came aboard and that potential started solidifying as a role player which was his reality all along. Good for him he's still a decent intangibles player but players like Buddy are GOLD in this broken era. Can't deal him for scraps, better repair this if they can.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't see Denver giving up a defensive 3 and D player in Harris for Buddy who is so hot and cold and can't do more than two dribbles. But as I type this I can wake up tomorrow morning and see him traded to Denver so who knows....loving the off season thus far around the association, not much time to waste with preseason and training camp about a month away.

Let’s talk about Buddy landing spots going forward. I took a look at rosters and I just don’t see many teams that would be interested in him. I came up with only six teams.

Atlanta- bombs away I guess. Doesn’t seem like an ideal fit but they would be interesting to Watch

Memphis- they have Brooks who is younger but maybe they want to expedite their rise up the ranks.

Dallas- they need another scorer but I’m guessing they are more inclined to free up space and lure a star in free agency next year

Denver- they are an incredibly good team but not good enough to beat the Lakers or the clippers again in my opinion. Porters development will help but they might get desperate.

Cleveland- they don’t have a sure thing SG. Kevin Porter is there.

Orlando- they might want to make a splash via trade since they can’t attract free agents.

That’s it unless Golden State insists on winning this year. None of these seem all that likely.

Let’s talk about Buddy landing spots going forward. I took a look at rosters and I just don’t see many teams that would be interested in him. I came up with only six teams.

Atlanta- bombs away I guess. Doesn’t seem like an ideal fit but they would be interesting to Watch

Memphis- they have Brooks who is younger but maybe they want to expedite their rise up the ranks.

Dallas- they need another scorer but I’m guessing they are more inclined to free up space and lure a star in free agency next year

Denver- they are an incredibly good team but not good enough to beat the Lakers or the clippers again in my opinion. Porters development will help but they might get desperate.

Cleveland- they don’t have a sure thing SG. Kevin Porter is there.

Orlando- they might want to make a splash via trade since they can’t attract free agents.

That’s it unless Golden State insists on winning this year. None of these seem all that likely.
Dallas? Lol Carlisle would make Buddy cry. They want defensive players.

I thought about NY. They could slide Barrett over to the 3 I suppose but they are at the beginning of a rebuild. I wonder if they want to spend big bucks this early
The Knicks (in the past) have been like kids in a candy store with their cap space. I would not be surprised to see them spend and spend quickly.

They let go of what 6-7 players today? I'm sure they have a target or two in mind.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Gordon Hayward did so much to put Boston over the top it would be such a Knicks move to back up the money truck on him.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
He must not want to be in Boston because I can't see a single scenario where he gets even close to $34.2M for this year.
I do wonder if he is more concerned about another long term deal vs. getting hurt this year. I do have a soft spot for the C's back to my Boston days and frankly that spot is glad he's gone.

The Knicks (in the past) have been like kids in a candy store with their cap space. I would not be surprised to see them spend and spend quickly.

They let go of what 6-7 players today? I'm sure they have a target or two in mind.
Yeah, and per the national guys, the new Knicks management think they will be the destination for the next batch of disgruntled stars (Booker, basically). They may be interested in stacking trade chips for future trades. Hield might fit the bill. Not sure what we’d want that they’d be willing to give.

I'm one of the few that hopes they keep Buddy. Think he would go great with Haliburton. Buddy can go back to being Buddy buckets instead of Buddy turnover.
The turnovers are there, the forced shots are there, but that's not why he moved to the bench.

The blown coverages, the lack of attention to detail, the low iq, not understanding where to be on defense, etc. are some of the reasons.

It doesn't matter who the coach is, they will call a time out and mad dog him every time he lets someone blow past him for a back door dunk.

Nevermind he talks smack, is unhappy, likes trades (and does other petty sh..)

The turnovers are there, the forced shots are there, but that's not why he moved to the bench.

The blown coverages, the lack of attention to detail, the low iq, not understanding where to be on defense, etc. are some of the reasons.

It doesn't matter who the coach is, they will call a time out and mad dog him every time he lets someone blow past him for a back door dunk.

Ya Ya

Yet again, the advanced stats dictate that he and Barnes were the most common names in the best defensive units the Kings put on the floor. Hmmmm... and he was put on the bench on the Kings way to an embarrassing locker room shattering performance in the first games that mattered in 14 years. Results are results. Walton screwed the pooch. Had the decision worked Vlade would still be here.