Horford to the Thunder

Presti keeps stockpiling picks.

Horford, a 1st and a second to OKC for the ghost of Danny Green.

I was really hoping the Kings could pry away Thybulle by dealing Hield to the Sixers and ideally moving Horford to a third team (like Charlotte) for ending contracts.

As long as we don't trade him to the Mavs, I'm good.

Picks/young players please. When you see what other players are getting in return, we should be getting some combination of that. Although I would not be surprised if Hield has tanked his own value to the point that no team is willing to give that up for him. Reading the opinions of other team's fans, most think he's a clown for thinking he can demand where he goes, and a lockerroom cancer to boot. Buddy isn't the brightest and he might have seriously shot himself in the foot with his antics.

As long as we don't trade him to the Mavs, I'm good.

Picks/young players please. When you see what other players are getting in return, we should be getting some combination of that. Although I would not be surprised if Hield has tanked his own value to the point that no team is willing to give that up for him. Reading the opinions of other team's fans, most think he's a clown for thinking he can demand where he goes, and a lockerroom cancer to boot. Buddy isn't the brightest and he might have seriously shot himself in the foot with his antics.
yeah that Mavs proposal which included WCS and Hardaway jr. sucked.

OKC is a significantly smaller market than the Sacramento area (for that matter so is San Antonio) but Presti is showing exactly how to build and then rebuild a contender in a small market.

You draft well and have guys turn into stars (Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden) and if you have to trade them (Harden, Ibaka) you get back young players and picks that you develop and/or trade for another star (Paul George). And then if everything falls apart, you rebuild by stockpiling picks by using your caproom to take on other teams unwanted contracts.

And since they blew things up and dealt away Westbrook and George they've STILL been better than the Kings.

Even without Schroder and CP3 I bet they have a better season this year (Horford is on the wrong side of 30 and was a terrible fit in Philly but still a good player) while accumulating a ridiculous amount of 1st round picks.

If you're a small market NBA team your only real hope to build a contender is to have a shrewd GM who drafts well and makes great trades while seeing the big picture. And ideally a great coach (the Spurs model) too if you can.

The Kings have had one above average to good GM in Petrie and a LOT of mediocre to terrible ones.

That's the long and short of it.

OKC is a significantly smaller market than the Sacramento area (for that matter so is San Antonio) but Presti is showing exactly how to build and then rebuild a contender in a small market.

You draft well and have guys turn into stars (Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden) and if you have to trade them (Harden, Ibaka) you get back young players and picks that you develop and/or trade for another star (Paul George). And then if everything falls apart, you rebuild by stockpiling picks by using your caproom to take on other teams unwanted contracts.

And since they blew things up and dealt away Westbrook and George they've STILL been better than the Kings.

Even without Schroder and CP3 I bet they have a better season this year (Horford is on the wrong side of 30 and was a terrible fit in Philly but still a good player) while accumulating a ridiculous amount of 1st round picks.

If you're a small market NBA team your only real hope to build a contender is to have a shrewd GM who drafts well and makes great trades while seeing the big picture. And ideally a great coach (the Spurs model) too if you can.

The Kings have had one above average to good GM in Petrie and a LOT of mediocre to terrible ones.

That's the long and short of it.
And you never misuse the players you have. Use them to their strengths so that they retain value and then flip them at the high. Not at the low when they're mad.