Jrue to Bucks

If BasketballInsiders is correct, Ilyasova's contract is unguaranteed, so it could be used for salary purposes in a deal like that and then we could waive it. But DJ Wilson has been downright bad for three years and I just don't see DiVincenzo having the value/impact of Bogdan (obviously, which is why they would trade Donte to get him). With no picks and Bogdan an RFA there's literally no reason for us to do the deal.
The final things I've heard is it depends on how much Bogi signs for, so it could be less than his max salary, but unlikely, and was why James was in the deal.

Sorry saw you wanted to keep things separate after post Capt.

As if the Bucks weren't already a bad enough match up for the Kings. They added another Kings killer to the roster. What sucks is they sent another Kings killer in Bledsoe back to the western conference.

man, I realize that the Bucks were desperate but trading an unprotected pick seven years from now when all the stars on this current roster could all be retired and gone is crazy.
The one positive is they have several years to plan for that reality. IF Giannis signs the supermax they have a 3 year window to win a chip. If they don't win one, Giannis will request a trade. Imagine the haul for a prime Freak?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The one positive is they have several years to plan for that reality. IF Giannis signs the supermax they have a 3 year window to win a chip. If they don't win one, Giannis will request a trade. Imagine the haul for a prime Freak?
Unfortunately there is also the possibility of him just walking a la KD and the Bucks getting absolutely nothing.

Unfortunately there is also the possibility of him just walking a la KD and the Bucks getting absolutely nothing.
Yeh that is certainly a possibility. If I was his agent, I would encourage him to sign the max contract. Milwaukee has done everything they could to produce a winner, they seem like a well run organization and they have a state of the art arena. If things don't work out, he can request a trade a couple years in and go pretty much wherever he wants. All while not leaving the franchise that believed in him high and dry. Not that post game comments mean much but this is what he said after the loss the Heat last season.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Milwaukee Bucks superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo, who is slated to be a free agent after the 2020-21 season, could hold the league hostage this offseason if he were to decide a new destination is in order.

“It’s not happening. That’s not happening,” Antetokounmpo told Yahoo Sports after the Bucks were eliminated in five games in the second round by the Miami Heat on Tuesday night.

“Some see a wall and go in [another direction]. I plow through it. We just have to get better as a team, individually and get right back at it next season.”