Bjelica?

Bjeli backed out of the Philly deal because it was only a one year deal...he agreed to come to the Kings instead of back to Europe because it was a three year deal with good playing time. I doubt he regrets it since it’s likely he will see the deal to the end and will continue to get good playing time.

He probably would’ve been done with Philly after one season(Assuming he’s wasn’t packaged to bring in Butler) and signed another one year contract with a different team this past season. At that point, possibly three different teams in two years likely with the same sporadic role he had in Minny, he’s branded as a journeyman part time role player. That is exactly what he wanted to avoid. He has established the type of player he is with the Kings and his next contract will likely be a muti year elsewhere.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Regret? In the last few seasons who doesn't? Even players that were/are happy at one point find themselves out of favor and wanting out at some point, many times within the same season. This franchise doesn't need an arena, they need a psychiatric ward. I've never seen a team overpay so many players without thinking of how the roles and minutes breakdown in reality then sit them on the bench until they pout their way out the door. Vlades moves made sense but he never took the human element into consideration. Even let his coaches turn his recently paid assets into trash until the very end.

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
Regret? In the last few seasons who doesn't? Even players that were/are happy at one point find themselves out of favor and wanting out at some point, many times within the same season. This franchise doesn't need an arena, they need a psychiatric ward. I've never seen a team overpay so many players without thinking of how the roles and minutes breakdown in reality then sit them on the bench until they pout their way out the door. Vlades moves made sense but he never took the human element into consideration. Even let his coaches turn his recently paid assets into trash until the very end.
L.O.L

You've had this weird obsession that Vlade was actually a good GM and his only downfall was his choice in picking coaches. Don't get it.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
L.O.L

You've had this weird obsession that Vlade was actually a good GM and his only downfall was his choice in picking coaches. Don't get it.

Good? It's all relative. Compared to the one prior to him he was freaking Red Auerbach. This franchise having a GM that made moves that seemingly fit together while being not afraid to attempt to make a big move was definitely new and fresh in relation to the last few years of Petrie and the other guy. He needed a SF he got one. He needed bigs, he got some. His issue was he used the quantity over quality method which can kill your locker room. I'm pretty sure you can venture over to some past FA posts or drafts ones and see my opinion of what Vlade was doing at the time and sometimes it was pretty far from positive LOL. In the end clearly it wasn't good enough and he's certainly responsible for the position he put his coaches in but they clearly made it far, far worse with their handling of the situation. Now we get to see how sticking with his coach works out. It could still be revealed that Vlade was directing a play style to his coaches. If true that 100% falls on his shoulders. Next season will tell the tale.