Should the Kings trade Bagley+12th pick for the #2 pick?

Would you do it?

• Yes

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 92.0%

• Total voters
I'd flip Bagley for #2, but I'd want to keep #12 for sure. Start flipping the other veteran contracts and now we're cooking with a real rebuild. #2, #12, 35, 43, 52. I think you could convince Giles to stay if you cleared out playing time for him.

In this draft?

Who would the Kings be targeting at #2 assuming Edwards goes to Minny? Wiseman? LaMelo Ball?

I'd much rather have Bagley and #12.

If you look at who is currently mocked in those spots that makes it a choice between one of:

LaMelo Ball, James Wiseman, or maybe Deni Avdija

vs

Marvin Bagley plus one of Patrick Williams, Aaron Nesmith, Isaac Okoro, or Saddiq Bey

That's a no brainer to me.

I even like the crop of players projected at #12 better than Ball or Avdija or even Hayes or Haliburton. At least in terms of building around Fox.

Wiseman would be slightly tempting if it were a straight up deal for Bagley but not if it also means dealing the 12th pick.

And Wiseman isn't a modern big. So you have Fox who doesn't stretch the floor and a rim running, post up big man on offense. The other three players would all have to be shooters to make that work.

I think I'd still rather let Bagley sink or swim at center next year and at least see what we have there.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I know people on here are upset that Bagley isn't Doncic and can't stay on the court but are people really ready to trade him so soon? Let's give the guy some time and when contract extension time comes if he hasn't progressed or shown the ability to stay on the court, then it may be time to look for a deal.

Wiseman would be slightly tempting if it were a straight up deal for Bagley but not if it also means dealing the 12th pick.

And Wiseman isn't a modern big. So you have Fox who doesn't stretch the floor and a rim running, post up big man on offense. The other three players would all have to be shooters to make that work.

I think I'd still rather let Bagley sink or swim at center next year and at least see what we have there.
I’m not big on Bagley but trading him for Wisemen is the ultimate L. Wiseman will be ran off the floor he can’t guard the pick and roll at all and he’s not scoring on offense. Don’t fall for the hype manat least Bagley might be able to score in half court, wiseman will be a busy quote me

I’m not big on Bagley but trading him for Wisemen is the ultimate L. Wiseman will be ran off the floor he can’t guard the pick and roll at all and he’s not scoring on offense. Don’t fall for the hype manat least Bagley might be able to score in half court, wiseman will be a busy quote me
I'll quote you on Wiseman. Wiseman is a freak athlete, nobody is running him off the floor any more than they would any other big via small ball. May not be a defender yet but neither is Marvin. And Wiseman absolutely has the foundational skillset to be very productive offensively. It's just become popular to s**t all over him as a prospect but it's not really based on reality.

That said, my post is solely on Wiseman. I wouldn't trade Bagley + 12 for the 2nd pick in a million years. Bagley is a big talent and would go 1 in this draft. Injuries are the only thing that would make me even pause.

I'll quote you on Wiseman. Wiseman is a freak athlete, nobody is running him off the floor any more than they would any other big via small ball. May not be a defender yet but neither is Marvin. And Wiseman absolutely has the foundational skillset to be very productive offensively. It's just become popular to s**t all over him as a prospect but it's not really based on reality.

That said, my post is solely on Wiseman. I wouldn't trade Bagley + 12 for the 2nd pick in a million years. Bagley is a big talent and would go 1 in this draft. Injuries are the only thing that would make me even pause.
He can jump high I’ll give him that but he can’t move laterally he’ll get eaten alive in pick and roll. On offense he won’t hurt small ball PF’s he’s not strong or physical enough and doesn’t have post moves. Drafting a rim protector with a potential decent shot in the top 5 is fools gold