Joel Embiid

Simmons is looking real good I was thinking of a 3 way to bring Embiid here in the summer

76ers: Beal, Buddy, Bagley, Sacramento 1st (lottery)
Washington: Fox, Smith, Philadelphia 1st
Sacramento: Embiid, T.Harris, J.Richardson

Philadelphia would get two elite shooters and Beal being an all star to go with a lottery pick and Bagley. Washington with Beal having an opt out after next year get to pick up an extra 1st and a budding young pg in Fox for a rebuild.

We get a top 5 player in his prime who hasn’t played for a team built to his fit. I can see Embiid falling in love with Sacramento as well now granted I think his dominance will last like 5-7 more years. Along with Embiid we’d get Tobias Harris who can be another scorer for us as well as Josh Richardson who is young and a nice piece. People might say that’s giving up a lot for Embiid but he’s in his prime and averages 24-12-4 while playing with no spacing and is a dominant force on defense. Throw money at Bogi promising him the starting ph spot and we have a team

Bogi/CJ
Richardson
Harris/Crowder (mle)
Bjlecia
Embiid/Holmes

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Simmons is looking real good I was thinking of a 3 way to bring Embiid here in the summer

76ers: Beal, Buddy, Bagley, Sacramento 1st (lottery)
Washington: Fox, Smith, Philadelphia 1st
Sacramento: Embiid, T.Harris, J.Richardson

Philadelphia would get two elite shooters and Beal being an all star to go with a lottery pick and Bagley. Washington with Beal having an opt out after next year get to pick up an extra 1st and a budding young pg in Fox for a rebuild.

We get a top 5 player in his prime who hasn’t played for a team built to his fit. I can see Embiid falling in love with Sacramento as well now granted I think his dominance will last like 5-7 more years. Along with Embiid we’d get Tobias Harris who can be another scorer for us as well as Josh Richardson who is young and a nice piece. People might say that’s giving up a lot for Embiid but he’s in his prime and averages 24-12-4 while playing with no spacing and is a dominant force on defense. Throw money at Bogi promising him the starting ph spot and we have a team

Bogi/CJ
Richardson
Harris/Crowder (mle)
Bjlecia
Embiid/Holmes
Your hypothesis is to blow up the whole team and build around Joel Embiid? Why not try for LeBron and Zion while you're at it?

There is a post stickied to the top of this forum that says if you're gonna post trade scenarios then take it a little further than just tossing name(s) out. You can do that to your heart's delight at RealGM...

There used to be a Yahoo fantasy game called Virtual GM. I don't think this trade would even work on there.

Your hypothesis is to blow up the whole team and build around Joel Embiid? Why not try for LeBron and Zion while you're at it?

There is a post stickied to the top of this forum that says if you're gonna post trade scenarios then take it a little further than just tossing name(s) out. You can do that to your heart's delight at RealGM...

There used to be a Yahoo fantasy game called Virtual GM. I don't think this trade would even work on there.
Thank you

For people who know college basketball better than me—if Jay Wright were to hypothetically take over the Sixers head coaching job, what would that portend for Sixers roster construction?

Given recent events, think this deserves a bump:

Bagley/Buddy/12/(any necessary filler)

Who says no?
I think that is a very low ball offer. I don't think we have the assets to acquire Embiid (by himself). Fox would have to be included, and we'd likely have to take back bad salary (which may not be worth it). Something like this:

SAC Gets: John Wall, Tobias Harris, Joel Embiid, & Josh Richardson
SAC Gives: Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, Cory Joseph, Marvin Bagley, De'Aaron Fox, Jabari Parker, Nemanja Bjelica, & Richaun Holmes
Why for SAC? Vivek goes for his "win now" team with a core of of Wall-Richardson-Bogdanovic-#12-Harris-Embiid.

PHI Gets: Bradley Beal, Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, Nemanja Bjelica, & Richaun Holmes
PHI Gives: Joel Embiid, Tobias Harris, Josh Richardson, & Mike Scott
Why for PHI? Build a better balanced team with a plethora of shooting around Simmons.

WAS Gets: Cory Joseph, Marvin Bagley, De'Aaron Fox, Jabari Parker, & Mike Scott
WAS Gives: John Wall & Bradley Beal
Why for WAS? Starting over with Fox & Bagley as the return. With Bryant's shooting, he may make a good frontcourt pairing with Bagley.

PG - Wall / Guy
SG - Richardson / Bogdanovic
SF - #12 (Vassell/Bey) / James
PF - Harris / Jeffries
C - Embiid

PG - Thybulle / Milton
SG - Beal / Hield / Smith
SF - Barnes / Korkmaz
PF - Simmons / Bjelica
C - Horford / Holmes / Pelle

PG - Fox / Smith / Joseph
SG - Brown / Robinson / Schofield
SF - Hachimura / Bonga
PF - Bagley / Parker / Scott
C - Bryant / Wagner / Pasecniks

I'd hate it if we went in this direction.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Embiid Is a talent but I wonder about his leadership. I mean, half on Kings nation couldn’t stand Cousins. But you know Boogie competed Every game. I don’t think the same can be said about Embiid about every game. Heck of a talent though. I’d rather keep Fox and Bagley and get a competent GM and coach and go that route.

Given recent events, think this deserves a bump:

Bagley/Buddy/12/(any necessary filler)

Who says no?
Philly.

This year, Buddy has neutral value, because of his contract and the other well documented stuff. Bagley has a #20 pick or so first round value. #12 is #12.

Need a full year to improve Buddy and Bagley's value before this is considered. Buddy's value is more of a sure thing to rise, because his contract declines YOY. Bagley, at this time next year, will either be valued as a top 5 pick or a late second.

I think that is a very low ball offer. I don't think we have the assets to acquire Embiid (by himself). Fox would have to be included, and we'd likely have to take back bad salary (which may not be worth it). Something like this:

SAC Gets: John Wall, Tobias Harris, Joel Embiid, & Josh Richardson
SAC Gives: Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, Cory Joseph, Marvin Bagley, De'Aaron Fox, Jabari Parker, Nemanja Bjelica, & Richaun Holmes
Why for SAC? Vivek goes for his "win now" team with a core of of Wall-Richardson-Bogdanovic-#12-Harris-Embiid.

PHI Gets: Bradley Beal, Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, Nemanja Bjelica, & Richaun Holmes
PHI Gives: Joel Embiid, Tobias Harris, Josh Richardson, & Mike Scott
Why for PHI? Build a better balanced team with a plethora of shooting around Simmons.

WAS Gets: Cory Joseph, Marvin Bagley, De'Aaron Fox, Jabari Parker, & Mike Scott
WAS Gives: John Wall & Bradley Beal
Why for WAS? Starting over with Fox & Bagley as the return. With Bryant's shooting, he may make a good frontcourt pairing with Bagley.

PG - Wall / Guy
SG - Richardson / Bogdanovic
SF - #12 (Vassell/Bey) / James
PF - Harris / Jeffries
C - Embiid

PG - Thybulle / Milton
SG - Beal / Hield / Smith
SF - Barnes / Korkmaz
PF - Simmons / Bjelica
C - Horford / Holmes / Pelle

PG - Fox / Smith / Joseph
SG - Brown / Robinson / Schofield
SF - Hachimura / Bonga
PF - Bagley / Parker / Scott
C - Bryant / Wagner / Pasecniks

I'd hate it if we went in this direction.
Washington says yes. Philly likely says no. Kings should say hell no. That trade blows up the Kings cap for the next five years and locks them to a first or second round playoff loss each year.