All-Purpose MLB Thread! (2019-2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
As an A's Fan, I believe I am entirely warranted in saying that Jesus Luzardo is on pace to be the greatest pitcher of all time and absolutely nothing will sway me from that opinion.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I hate the narrative I keep seeing of Joe Kelly being some sort of noble folk hero for throwing at Astros and continuing to run his mouth... when he played and won a World Series with the Red Sox just a season before joining the Dodgers.

Give your soapbox to someone who deserves it. Freakin’ hypocrite.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It depends on whether your manager figures out how to manage his relievers. Also on your GM getting better players. At least the Giants are willing to pay their guys.
Kapler is a moron who manages like a robot. Everything is dictated by the piece of paper in his pocket. He has to manage the team not the dang analytics. The sooner he and Analytic Ball are gone, the better... that said, Farhan’s also apparently a huge analytic guy so I think he’ll be safe, at least until the team’s talent level improves.

GM Farhan... He’s low-key stocked the farm a bit. The current team is awful, but that’s mainly the last regime hanging onto the 10/12/14 past and trying to hold on by adding above average but non-star vets to an aging and declining roster.

I’ve actually read some analysts say the Giants top prospect, a teenage SS named Marco Luciano, will be the #1 prospect in all of baseball in a few seasons. That’s obviously huge, especially for a team who hasn’t had a prospect that hyped in ages.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Kapler is a moron who manages like a robot. Everything is dictated by the piece of paper in his pocket. He has to manage the team not the dang analytics. The sooner he and Analytic Ball are gone, the better... that said, Farhan’s also apparently a huge analytic guy so I think he’ll be safe, at least until the team’s talent level improves.

GM Farhan... He’s low-key stocked the farm a bit. The current team is awful, but that’s mainly the last regime hanging onto the 10/12/14 past and trying to hold on by adding above average but non-star vets to an aging and declining roster.

I’ve actually read some analysts say the Giants top prospect, a teenage SS named Marco Luciano, will be the #1 prospect in all of baseball in a few seasons. That’s obviously huge, especially for a team who hasn’t had a prospect that hyped in ages.
Even though the Giants basically got obliterated in that series, I came away impressed with what they're building. A good team can put together a respectable bullpen in a single off-season these days and that's who the A's scored all their runs off of. The Giants starters did their jobs. Yas 2.0 is a superstar in the making and they've also got an elite catching prospect due up any time now and high level prospects at most other positions. They've finally moved on from snapping up every past-their-prime former All-Star they can get and throwing a ton of money at them and I think they'll bounce back to respectability within a couple years if they stick with the young guys. That defense is a special level of terrible though! The A's had games like this a few years ago when they were rebuilding where it just seemed like they would never get to 27 outs no matter how many chances you gave them. I feel for ya but we're still chasing 1989 on this side of the Bay so only just a bit.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
^^^ On that note I’m really disappointed that prospect (Joey Bart) isn’t up yet. It’s a lost season, the contract tolling date has already rolled past so there’s no reason to keep him stashed behind Whoever Heineman (who’s really bad) and Chadwick Tromp.

Status
Not open for further replies.