[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (AUG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I am a fan of the Heat's getdown. They have a bunch of "My kind of a*****e" players on that squad. And Butler is, of course, the starting SG and captain of the All-Slim Team.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
People like to talk up the Luka draft class but the De’Aaron/Tatum/Bam draft class is pretty good as well. Bam has pretty much turned into Dwight Howard with Jokic’s BBIQ.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Dwight Howard is a ding-a-ling, and I don't care for him as a person. But, as a lover of Big Men, there's only so much Dwight Howard slander that I can abide by. We're not going to sit here and act like it's his fault that the paradigm of how the sport is played literally changed, in real time, under his feet. If Howard had suffered a career-ending injury after the 2012-13 season, he would have been an unquestioned first ballot Hall of Famer.

That said, I agree about Adebayo. That kid is the prototype elite Big Man in the modern NBA. Love his game.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Dwight Howard is a ding-a-ling, and I don't care for him as a person. But, as a lover of Big Men, there's only so much Dwight Howard slander that I can abide by. We're not going to sit here and act like it's his fault that the paradigm of how the sport is played literally changed, in real time, under his feet. If Howard had suffered a career-ending injury after the 2012-13 season, he would have been an unquestioned first ballot Hall of Famer.

That said, I agree about Adebayo. That kid is the prototype elite Big Man in the modern NBA. Love his game.
I totally agree. Unfortunately, the injuries, the game changing into a perimeter league, and forcing his way out of Orlando probably shove him into C-Webb corner.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I totally agree. Unfortunately, the injuries, the game changing into a perimeter league, and forcing his way out of Orlando probably shove him into C-Webb corner.
Not only that, that dude's reputation never recovered from Kobe Bryant calling him soft.

Which is wild, because there was, at one point, barely a decade ago, that "Dwight or LeBron" was a serious conversation. Guys like Roy Hibbert and Andrew Bynum got paid boatloads of cash, behind the notion of, "We can match him up with Dwight Howard."

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
catching up on games from yesterday since the Clippers are absolutely flogging the Pelicans right now but how could the Mavs get a 28 point triple double from Luka, 39 from Zaps, 34 from Trey Burke, and 24 from THJ and still lose? Aside from Seth disappearing, that is pretty much everything going perfect for them with this current roster.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I mentioned two days ago how McCollum hasn't missed a beat. I think this particular comment can be made for the majority of the NBA. Clippers hitting 25 three pointers. A random 50 point game from TJ Warren out of all people. Lots of good action around the association thus far.

People like to talk up the Luka draft class but the De’Aaron/Tatum/Bam draft class is pretty good as well. Bam has pretty much turned into Dwight Howard with Jokic’s BBIQ.
You could miss on all star or superstars yes it hurts but you could miss on then. When you miss on a generational player you set your franchise back years both us and phoenix are still suffering and looks like we will for the foreseeable future. Both would be playoffs teams easily this year and what hurts is if we traded Fox for Porzingis we’d be title contenders this year already. Luka, Porzingis, Holmes, Buddy, Bogi is a better starting five than Dallas throws out there. I’d take that team to LA and Milwaukee with confidence.

You could miss on all star or superstars yes it hurts but you could miss on then. When you miss on a generational player you set your franchise back years both us and phoenix are still suffering and looks like we will for the foreseeable future. Both would be playoffs teams easily this year and what hurts is if we traded Fox for Porzingis we’d be title contenders this year already. Luka, Porzingis, Holmes, Buddy, Bogi is a better starting five than Dallas throws out there. I’d take that team to LA and Milwaukee with confidence.
What’s wrong with Fox, buddy or bogi, Luka, Barnes, Holmes?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The only team in the hunt for the last western conference seed in the playoffs that isn’t completely terrible at defense is the Spurs and even that is debatable at best.

Lakers better hope Portland doesn’t get that 8th seed. They stand no chance even slowing dame/CJ and Nurkic will eat McGee/Howard alive. AD will do good but he won’t have that severe size advantage bs them and Portland has no answer for lebron. But fake will get 40 a game when you’re throwing out a backcourt of Cauroso and Green

Status
Not open for further replies.