[Game] Bucks @ Kings scrimmage - 7/25 - (9:30 AM PT)

This team is going nowhere unless bagley figures it out next year. He had a 2 month stretch where he was at 18 and 8. He needs to be that or better next year and moving forward otherwise it’s another 5-7 years of barely missing the playoffs. Plus while I totally understand the Bogi love he’s really gonna be deadweight when he gets his new deal. We have to decide on either buddy or him. Or trade for a starting SG like Beal. This team at best is avg. or a tad above avg. Kinda a bummer

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
All our issues pretty much start on the inside which can be expected when you’re missing your two best interior defenders. On the other hand, we’ve somehow ended up with an absolute glut of quality wingman depth with Buddy/Bogi/Barnes/Bazemore/Brewer and now apparently DaQuan Jeffries that allows us to run a whole variety of different lineups and strategies.

Also thought De’Aaron looked a little rusty.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Seriously, it may seem like I'm being overly effusive in my praise but DaQuan looks like an NBA player in every sense of the word.
Your right. He doesn't force anything on offense. Lets the game come to him. On defense, he's terrific. Makes the right switch and keeps his man in front of him. He seems to always find the open man on offense, and the unguarded man on defense. He's just a smart basketball player. In my opinion, he's earned himself a spot on the roster. Especially when we don't know if we'll be able to resign Bazemore.

Gonna go back and watch, but how was DJ as the small-ball 4? That has A LOT of fun potential, if he can make that work and hold it down.
Tough to tell at this point. Played some solid defense but his rebounding at that spot will be a weakness despite being a good rebounder for his size.

It's all going to come down to whether or not he can exploit the mismatch. If all he does is hit an occasional 3 and make a hustle play or two per game, then that's not going to overcome his short comings at the position. I think his success will depend on whether he can drive past the bigger man and get to the rim.

This team is going nowhere unless bagley figures it out next year. He had a 2 month stretch where he was at 18 and 8. He needs to be that or better next year and moving forward otherwise it’s another 5-7 years of barely missing the playoffs. Plus while I totally understand the Bogi love he’s really gonna be deadweight when he gets his new deal. We have to decide on either buddy or him. Or trade for a starting SG like Beal. This team at best is avg. or a tad above avg. Kinda a bummer
going to be tough for the Kings next year regardless. Golden State won’t be the push over next year.

clear playoff teams next year:
Lakers
Clippers
Golden State
Denver
Houston
Dallas.

then you have.....
Portland gets Nurkic and Collins
New Orleans has Zion for a year.
OKC still looks good
Minnesota has Towns, Russell and a top pick
Utah has Gobert and Mitchell
Memphis will take another step

it hard not to see the Kings being picked as one of the worst teams in the west next year. Particularly playing 4 games each against both LA teams and Golden State.