Kings in Orlando pre-playing thread

• Thread starter NBC Sports BayArea
  • Start date
I agree completely. I can't turn on one news station or for that matter any sports station without hearing about social issues, so a little distraction would be a good thing in my opinion. Can I just watch some good basketball without it being used for some political agenda?
Yep and will be the reason I dont renew my tickets after 31 years. I go to games to get away from politics etc. My dollars can be used for other entertainment.

Yep and will be the reason I dont renew my tickets after 31 years. I go to games to get away from politics etc. My dollars can be used for other entertainment.
Sweet! I had just looked into moving next to the arena & getting season tickets now that the tech companies are warming up to permanent remote working options. Free up some spots for me. Thanks!

He’s going to be the best 3 in the league in three years. Let’s go Baby Durant!
Don’t even play like that! lol

i really want this kid to blow me away. He’s shown the flashes, he’s just gotta stay healthy and be utilized correctly

Who knows if he’s a player that’s even meant to gain a bunch of weight, Idk, but I’d love him to be a bit more aggressive and make better decisions. He may surprise us

Looks like this season is ending just like it started. A huge dumpster fire with fox hurt. Just as I started caring again, crushed. This team man. A roller coaster at least goes up every once in awhile. This is just bombs away again and again.

meh, nothing unfortunate about it. All of this goes hand in hand and the NBA cares about the people playing this sport

They aren't robots. But i'll leave it there and not derail the thread! I'm SUPER excited for basketball's return. Go
KINGS!!
meh, everything unfortunate about it. Go sell otherwise to someone else.

Obviously a sprain can be a fluke thing but one has to be concerned with how usual it is to see Kings players on IR the last year or so. Might be time to take a look at the training department along with that overdue scouting department looksie.

If you guys want to talk about a bubble we can talk about the economic bubble in sports media of the past 20 years.

There may or may not be some ridiculous semblance of a remainder of the season. The point I'm getting at is that basketball, and sports entertainment as we know it is over. Attendance at sports events will never recover. This will affect the excitement of televised broadcasts. Both of these will dramatically effect revenue. Franchise valuations will plummet. Salaries will drop by 50% at least. And this is all for pro sports where players unions will fight tooth and nail to play. College sports don't have these unions and will be decimated... and this will further crumble sports media business infrastructure. In a rapidly declining industry, infighting and petty wars over the remaining scraps will prevail. This is particularly damaging to an entertainment product where a positive message and optimism is part of the the experience.

The magic is gone.

I've made the previous extreme statements because I don't think people are grasping the magnitude of the economic effects of these shutdowns, and the permanent behavior modifications that will happen across society. Going to a large sporting event for fun is not going to be a thing for a critical mass of the population which will then make the whole experience for everyone else far less interesting and fun.

Do people realize that, in addition to these direct effects, we will be losing 50% of small businesses by the time these lockdowns are over? People are not going to have money to spend on sports.

Basketball is over.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Obviously a sprain can be a fluke thing but one has to be concerned with how usual it is to see Kings players on IR the last year or so. Might be time to take a look at the training department along with that overdue scouting department looksie.
And people can express this opinion now without being called an idiot and moron. Happy days.

If you guys want to talk about a bubble we can talk about the economic bubble in sports media of the past 20 years.

There may or may not be some ridiculous semblance of a remainder of the season. The point I'm getting at is that basketball, and sports entertainments as we know it is over. Attendance at sports events will never recover. This will affect the excitement of televised broadcasts. Both of these will dramatically effect revenue. Franchise valuations will plummet. Salaries will drop by 50% at least. And this is all for pro sports where players unions will fight tooth and nail to play. College sports don't have these unions and will be decimated... and this will further crumble sports media business infrastructure. In a rapidly declining industry, infighting and petty wars over the remaining scraps will prevail. This is particularly damaging to an entertainment product where a positive message and optimism is part of the the experience.

The magic is gone.

I've made the previous extreme statements because I don't think people are grasping the magnitude of the economic effects of these shutdowns, and the permanent behavior modifications that will happen across society. Going to a large sporting event for fun is not going to be a thing for a critical mass of the population which will then make the whole experience for everyone else far less interesting and fun.

Do people realize that, in addition to these direct effects, we will be losing 50% of small businesses by the time these lockdowns are over? People are not going to have money to spend on sports.

Basketball is over.
lol relax