ESPN Suspends Wojnarowski

To be fair, one statement is a racially charged phrase said in response to a civil rights movement while the other is an unfortunate statement of personal distaste. We’re all entitled to our own opinions but to me context makes one of these two far worse than the other in the same way that a turd in a toilet is often seen as being less distasteful than a turd on the sidewalk.
I don't know. Going into a stall and the turd is still there is pretty distasteful. At least on the sidewalk you can step around. And a turd on the sidewalk is probably just dog poop.

Not in San Francisco
Been many many a year since I have been to the Bay area. Decades actually. California is usually in the lead as far as where the Country is going, so I guess that means...... to the dumps we go. In a State as rich as California, that is just sad.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't know. Going into a stall and the turd is still there is pretty distasteful. At least on the sidewalk you can step around. And a turd on the sidewalk is probably just dog poop.
When's the last time you visited Market Street in SF?

EDIT: Oops. I should have finished reading before I responded. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Been many many a year since I have been to the Bay area. Decades actually. California is usually in the lead as far as where the Country is going, so I guess that means...... to the dumps we go. In a State as rich as California, that is just sad.
That's also not as true as it once was...

As I stated in the previously-nuked thread on this topic:

I think it is outrageous that a journalist thought it ok to criticize a politician. I hope Woj learned his lesson.

Woj still has his contacts and I imagine even without ESPN behind him he'd still get scoops. Which is why I can't imagine ESPN would let him go, just a little suspension for optics, we'll let Shams get the scoops for a few weeks.
This could unironically be the best thing to happen to his career. He's could go rogue.

This could unironically be the best thing to happen to his career. He's could go rogue.
The thing is as far as scoop reporters go ESPN needed him more than he needs them. I'm sure the money is nice.

If this were Nate Silver who made his name in politics but now provides fancy but ultimately low value outcome probabilities they would cut bait in an instant.

Have you read the news? There are some problems....

Have you read the news? There are some problems....
Yes I have. The State isn't golden unless you mean fool's gold. Born there and left there. I now live in a poor state but "richer" than I have ever been. And we have problems of our own.

But it is still the eighth or ninth largest economy (before COVID-19) in the world. And I will leave it there.

Yes I have. The State isn't golden unless you mean fool's gold. Born there and left there. I now live in a poor state but "richer" than I have ever been. And we have problems of our own.

But it is still the eighth or ninth largest economy (before COVID-19) in the world. And I will leave it there.
Just to set the record straight, a quick Google would put California at #5 in world economies. I don't say this as a point of pride, it is merely a weird trivia fact.
... California is usually in the lead as far as where the Country is going, so I guess that means...... to the dumps we go
This was what I was responding to. I think anybody who watches the news would be able to say that the country isn't going to the dumps, we are in the dumps. And the country has the #1 economy in the world!

The problems that can be solved by money are pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Just to set the record straight, a quick Google would put California at #5 in world economies. I don't say this as a point of pride, it is merely a weird trivia fact.

This was what I was responding to. I think anybody who watches the news would be able to say that the country isn't going to the dumps, we are in the dumps. And the country has the #1 economy in the world!

The problems that can be solved by money are pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things.
Dumps? I said that in jest. However, we are in a bad spot for sure.

I really shouldn't touch this but there is an organization and there is a larger concept independent of one organization. Most people showing supports of solidarity, are doing it with the concept.