Votes: 14 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • There will be no playoffs

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Playoffs???

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
Memphis and Portland have much tougher schedules, by the looks of it. The two strongest opponents the Kings face may not be all that strong—the Lakers likely will be resting that final game, and Houston may have their seed wrapped up by the time the Kings see them, too. Take care of business against the Pelicans and we’re in!

Last edited:
Pels play: Utah, LAC, Memphis, SAC (2 days rest), Wash (B2B), SAS, SAC, ORL

We play: SAS, ORL, Dallas, NOP, BKN (B2B), HOU, NOP, LAL

Portland plays: MEM, BOS, HOU, DEN, LAC, Phil, Dallas, Brooklyn

We are going to have to go 2-0 against the Pels and win 3 of the rest to finish 9th. Portland has to lose 4 of their games. From there we have to beat Memphis back to back. It is a tough road but not impossible.

Are the Kings games going to be on NBA League Pass at least?

I never got a refund for the League Pass, so they better put all the Kings games on LP!

Two days off, not three.
No, it’s three. Or 5 hours short of three, if you really want to get technical about it. Based upon tip times.

Playing every other day at the same time would give a player/team essentially 48 hours, or two days, between games. Minus whatever time the previous game ended and overlapped.

In the case of the Pels, they play MEM on 8/3 at 6:30pm then don’t play again until Thursday 8/6 at 1:30pm against the KINGS. That’s much closer to 72 hours between games than 48. Hence why I say, three days.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
No, it’s three. Or 5 hours short of three, if you really want to get technical about it. Based upon tip times.

Playing every other day at the same time would give a player/team essentially 48 hours, or two days, between games. Minus whatever time the previous game ended and overlapped.

In the case of the Pels, they play MEM on 8/3 at 6:30pm then don’t play again until Thursday 8/6 at 1:30pm against the KINGS. That’s much closer to 72 hours between games than 48. Hence why I say, three days.
You're not taking into account the "standard" definition of a "day off". If a team plays at 7:30 PM on Thursday and then plays again at 7:30 PM on Friday, that's 24 hours between tip-offs, but we *don't* call that a day off. 24 hours is "consecutive days", 48 hours is "one day off", etc. So, by the standard definition, it's actually less than two days off, not "closer to three".

You're not taking into account the "standard" definition of a "day off". If a team plays at 7:30 PM on Thursday and then plays again at 7:30 PM on Friday, that's 24 hours between tip-offs, but we *don't* call that a day off. 24 hours is "consecutive days", 48 hours is "one day off", etc. So, by the standard definition, it's actually less than two days off, not "closer to three".
Well, I can tell you that in tennis, they call that 2 days of rest. 3, in the other example I presented. The hours in between matches is typically what is considered.

But, to your point, another sport, baseball, does refer to it as you defined when it comes to rest for pitchers in between starts.

Regardless, I think it’s more of a “tomato” type of thing. Neither way of looking at it is wrong, I suppose. It‘s all how someone chooses to see it. I’m just the type that sees 48 or 72 hours between games, more or less, and that’s 2 and 3 days respectively in my book.

But I accept your point.

DeAndre Jordan said he's not going to Orlando and Diwinddie is still not sure if he's going, so Nets may not be at full strength.

Aldridge will not be with the Spurs.

As stated earlier Lakers may be resting players by the last game or trying new players/rotations (JR Smith).

I think the difficult games will be the Mavs and the Rockets. We have a hard time slowimg down some of their players and those games could be a large part of our team's playoff chances.

We also have new rotations to consider Brewer, Holmes, etc.

DeAndre Jordan said he's not going to Orlando and Diwinddie is still not sure if he's going, so Nets may not be at full strength.

Aldridge will not be with the Spurs.

As stated earlier Lakers may be resting players by the last game or trying new players/rotations (JR Smith).

I think the difficult games will be the Mavs and the Rockets. We have a hard time slowimg down some of their players and those games could be a large part of our team's playoff chances.

We also have new rotations to consider Brewer, Holmes, etc.
Those are always two games that concern me, but i'm very confident against Dallas at the same time.

It's definitely gonna be a tough road. Portland has a brutal schedule. Memphis has a tough schedule, especially to close out, but the first half of their games are against bubble teams, so it actually could be advantageous to them. I think the difficulty of Memphis' schedule is a little overblown.

Obviously NOP has the easiest schedule, which is why we gotta go 2-0 against them. At the end of the day, everyone is coming back after 4 months off. Everything is up in the air and anything could happen! Hoping we can pull it out!

Think normal assumptions about days off and b2b games go out the window during the Orlando tourney. No travel and everyone is pretty much playing at home.