TV - What's your passion (NON-sports)?

Has anyone watched The Man in the High Castle or Bosch or any other Prime Original series? Wondering what to watch next as these are rated highly. I did start Zero, Zero, Zero but am looking for something else the wife and I might like together
I watched the 1st few seasons of Bosch. Really liked it, not sure why I stopped. Think I will start back up

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Vikings. It's got the medieval time period going for it starting at the end of the 8th century AD, the Norse mythology vs. Christianity conflict, great character development, excellent dialogue, great acting, a character of questionable earthly nature, a seer, fate vs free will, brutality, treachery, love, hate, weakness, strength, and the quest for the unknown. What else could you possibly want?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Penny Dreadful: City of Angels Nathan Lane, Brent Spiner, and more. Set in LA in the late 30s. Compelling so far, although I admit to being in the middle of the first episode as I write this.

Showtime is really trying to reel me in. These "free" preview weeks are gonna be the death of my bank account. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Watched Celebrity Watch Party last night. They actually featured several of my regularly-recorded programs. Especially fun was watching Ozzie Osbourne and his family view Dr. Pimple Popper. LOL!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Penny Dreadful: City of Angels Nathan Lane, Brent Spiner, and more. Set in LA in the late 30s. Compelling so far, although I admit to being in the middle of the first episode as I write this.

Showtime is really trying to reel me in. These "free" preview weeks are gonna be the death of my bank account. ;)
After two episodes, I'm giving a big thumbs up to Showtime for this program.

Here is the sitcoms that I recommend:

Mindhunter
Handmaid's tale
Kalifat - swedish sitcom about ISIS and swedes who went to Syria (hope you don't have problem with subtitles)

Ozarks - copy of a Breaking Bad, average one. Watched 2 or 3 seasons and I'm not going to continue.
Wikings - very good at beginning but last two seasons are rubbish. You begin to lose touch who is allied with who and against who. Everybody is jumping in every bed available like in late stages of Desperate Housewives. Switching sides like in CBA league...

Just finished HBO docuseries McMillions. Story about how the McDonalds Monopoly game was rigged for years and the conspirators behind it. Pretty interesting look at the inner workings of the FBI building a case and the backstory of the individuals involved.
Now I know why I could never track down that Boardwalk piece for the million...:p

dude12

Hall of Famer
Here is the sitcoms that I recommend:

Mindhunter
Handmaid's tale
Kalifat - swedish sitcom about ISIS and swedes who went to Syria (hope you don't have problem with subtitles)

Ozarks - copy of a Breaking Bad, average one. Watched 2 or 3 seasons and I'm not going to continue.
Wikings - very good at beginning but last two seasons are rubbish. You begin to lose touch who is allied with who and against who. Everybody is jumping in every bed available like in late stages of Desperate Housewives. Switching sides like in CBA league...
Haven’t watched Vikings but did watch the other 3 listed.
Mindhunter is good
Handmaid’s tale is extremely good. One of my favorites.
Ozarks is also one of my favorite shows.

Finished binge watching the first 3 seasons of Bosch. Recommended by a few guys on here and it has certainly delivered. Great show.
Dude...so I went back in to get caught up on Bosch. I thought I was watching season 2, then after the finale realized I had just watched season 6 doh. I was wondering why he looked so much older from season 1 to 2 lol

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...ker-ruby-rose-exits-cw-drama-season-2-1295227

What the hell?!

It took her the better part of the entire season to figure out how to act, and now that she's finally gotten comfortable with the character, she's quitting?
Wow, that was unexpected. Although I stopped watching a bit ago as the episodes were becoming repetitive and I didn't think the show quality was quite up to that of some of the other CW series overall. It wasn't bad, but I just found myself more interested in other shows instead. I was trying to watch too many things and this was one of those that got chopped.

My wife and I have dedicated some of our time in lockdown to getting around to a few of our TV blind spots. We're currently watching Michael Fuller's excellent Hannibal (cancelled after three seasons) and Noah Hawley's equally-excellent Fargo (readying its fourth season, the production of which has been suspended due to the pandemic).

And then after those we'll be diving into The Sopranos. I've watched many of the other truly essential HBO shows. Curb Your Enthusiasm. Veep. The Wire. Deadwood (my favorite show of all time). Really dug The Leftovers. Wasn't a huge fan of Westworld. Tapped out on Game of Thrones sometime during its first season (it's just not for me). But The Sopranos is 100% in my wheelhouse. For whatever reason, though, I have never managed to get around to it. Looking forward to queuing it up soon!

My wife and I have dedicated some of our time in lockdown to getting around to a few of our TV blind spots. We're currently watching Michael Fuller's excellent Hannibal (cancelled after three seasons) and Noah Hawley's equally-excellent Fargo (readying its fourth season, the production of which has been suspended due to the pandemic).

And then after those we'll be diving into The Sopranos. I've watched many of the other truly essential HBO shows. Curb Your Enthusiasm. Veep. The Wire. Deadwood (my favorite show of all time). Really dug The Leftovers. Wasn't a huge fan of Westworld. Tapped out on Game of Thrones sometime during its first season (it's just not for me). But The Sopranos is 100% in my wheelhouse. For whatever reason, though, I have never managed to get around to it. Looking forward to queuing it up soon!
are you caught up in Fargo? each season is great. pumped for season 4
you may want to give GOT one more try. I felt the same way then started it over about a year before the final season and became addicted. It’s in my all time top 5
been thinking of rewatching The Wire again
would also advise Goliath

are you caught up in Fargo? each season is great. pumped for season 4
you may want to give GOT one more try. I felt the same way then started it over about a year before the final season and became addicted. It’s in my all time top 5
been thinking of rewatching The Wire again
would also advise Goliath
We're in season 2 of Fargo currently. Loving every second of it. And the pandemic is certainly a good excuse to rewatch The Wire if it's been awhile. :)

As for Game of Thrones... I may, at some point, broach the notion of giving it another shot. But it was such a phenomenon for such a long time, and so much of its story, its controversy, its highs and lows are out there in the open as headlines to countless articles and thinkpieces, that I think I need more distance from the cultural moment of its relevance before I attempt to try again.

I'm reminded of a time back in college when I returned to my apartment after a weekend out of town to find the place trashed. Beer cans everywhere. Dirty dishes stacked to the ceiling. The lingering smell of a party that got out of hand. A stain on the carpet that I prayed was not the result of vomit. That's what it feels like for me when I think of watching Game of Thrones. It's one of those "you had to be there" sort of things, otherwise you're just wandering through a messy aftermath. ;)

We're in season 2 of Fargo currently. Loving every second of it. And the pandemic is certainly a good excuse to rewatch The Wire if it's been awhile. :)

As for Game of Thrones... I may, at some point, broach the notion of giving it another shot. But it was such a phenomenon for such a long time, and so much of its story, its controversy, its highs and lows are out there in the open as headlines to countless articles and thinkpieces, that I think I need more distance from the cultural moment of its relevance before I attempt to try again.

I'm reminded of a time back in college when I returned to my apartment after a weekend out of town to find the place trashed. Beer cans everywhere. Dirty dishes stacked to the ceiling. The lingering smell of a party that got out of hand. A stain on the carpet that I prayed was not the result of vomit. That's what it feels like for me when I think of watching Game of Thrones. It's one of those "you had to be there" sort of things, otherwise you're just wandering through a messy aftermath. ;)
that was one helluva description, took me back to my LMU days :p

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Who here has watched The Shield? I watched that when it ran originally and haven’t again since. Thinking of doing that for my next binge series.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Ok, so after my mishap with the seasons, did i spoil anything by watching 6? I started up 2 last night,
One of the things I like about the show is the multiple story lines going on.......and some of these story lines cover 2 seasons but they can be minor to main story......so you might know how one story line in particular is going to end But if you start back with season 2 you are going to be fine. The writing is so good.....these characters are playing chess. There are some intense moments to be watched in seasons 2-5.

One of the things I like about the show is the multiple story lines going on.......and some of these story lines cover 2 seasons but they can be minor to main story......so you might know how one story line in particular is going to end But if you start back with season 2 you are going to be fine. The writing is so good.....these characters are playing chess. There are some intense moments to be watched in seasons 2-5.
Nice thanks; what I really liked about 6 was Jaime Hectors acting. He’s always good, but thought he really shined in season 6.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...ker-ruby-rose-exits-cw-drama-season-2-1295227

What the hell?!

It took her the better part of the entire season to figure out how to act, and now that she's finally gotten comfortable with the character, she's quitting?
So, they're talking about not simply re-casting, but replacing Kate Kane with an entirely different character. I don't like this. At all. How will this new Batwoman affect the rest of the show? Basically every character besides Luke is only relevant in terms of their relationship with Kate Kane. Sophie, Mary, Alice, the Commander... do all their histories just get reset, now?

One of my favorite guilty pleasure reality shows is back: Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles.
my wife watches that. The properties are beautiful, I just find the people repulsive. Although I find most people on Bravo repulsive, yet it’s a guilty pleasure of mine lol

So, they're talking about not simply re-casting, but replacing Kate Kane with an entirely different character. I don't like this. At all. How will this new Batwoman affect the rest of the show? Basically every character besides Luke is only relevant in terms of their relationship with Kate Kane. Sophie, Mary, Alice, the Commander... do all their histories just get reset, now?
you will appreciate this. 10 min into Watchmen pilot....sold
This show seems even more relevant now with everything going on

Last edited: