Players getting practice in?

Any news as are our players getting rest at home at least the ones who need it?
Are they getting the proper exercise to at least stay in shape as best they can?
If and when the season resumes with whatever that entails do they get a training camp? If not I cannot believe some of them will be in playing condition.

Any peek on how are players are staying prepared?

All of them are it’s there job
It's not that simple. I'll bet many players don't have a hoop in their backyard, or a private gym. Some probably do - but I'd wager not as many as you think. Should they be staying in shape? Sure, but not being able to run the court with others puts everyone at a distinct disadvantage.

It's not that simple. I'll bet many players don't have a hoop in their backyard, or a private gym. Some probably do - but I'd wager not as many as you think. Should they be staying in shape? Sure, but not being able to run the court with others puts everyone at a distinct disadvantage.
I’ve been stunned at the number of top level guys without even a hoop at home. Like, Steph and Giannis didn’t even have out door hoops when this thing started. I can kind of get it with Steph; the City real estate is what it is, even if he had the money and the space for an addition, who knows about permits and stuff. But, it’s still weird to me for a 2-time MVP not to have an indoor half-court. Giannis is just a stunning revelation. Really.

I’ve been stunned at the number of top level guys without even a hoop at home. Like, Steph and Giannis didn’t even have out door hoops when this thing started. I can kind of get it with Steph; the City real estate is what it is, even if he had the money and the space for an addition, who knows about permits and stuff. But, it’s still weird to me for a 2-time MVP not to have an indoor half-court. Giannis is just a stunning revelation. Really.
Steph recently moved from his long time home in Walnut Creek to the city, so I think that's the reason why he doesn't have a basketball court. Corresponded with the new arena.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Maybe they don't have hoops at home because they need a separation between work and family. Without something like this quarantine, the players have access to some of the top equipment in the world at the practice facility. I read somewhere that the Kings training staff has sent equipment to the players to make sure they're not getting totally out of shape. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I can totally and completely understand a player's wife/significant other not wanting to have to share his rare home time with a basketball hoop.

I'm a little puzzled why this even comes up. These guys are professional. I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of them are doing whatever it takes to stay in shape.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Maybe they don't have hoops at home because they need a separation between work and family. Without something like this quarantine, the players have access to some of the top equipment in the world at the practice facility. I read somewhere that the Kings training staff has sent equipment to the players to make sure they're not getting totally out of shape. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I can totally and completely understand a player's wife/significant other not wanting to have to share his rare home time with a basketball hoop.

I'm a little puzzled why this even comes up. These guys are professional. I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of them are doing whatever it takes to stay in shape.
I don't understand why the Kings can't stagger times at the practice facility for the players. If they are are ultra-risk averse they can have one player at one end of the gym working on his shooting, while the other player is at the opposite end. That would be about 10X the distance of the recommended 6' buffer. You would think that all these players are 80 year-olds with pre-existing medical conditions rather than 20 year olds who are the best conditioned athletes in the world. I'm just shaking my head at the NBA. I know, maybe they can arrange the first NBA game in China! In Wuhan. After all, they are totally over the virus, according to them at least. They are re-opening and need some NBA entertainment to get them going. Nike could be a big sponsor, and LBJ could do the opening ceremony. :D

I don't understand why the Kings can't stagger times at the practice facility for the players. If they are are ultra-risk averse they can have one player at one end of the gym working on his shooting, while the other player is at the opposite end. That would be about 10X the distance of the recommended 6' buffer. You would think that all these players are 80 year-olds with pre-existing medical conditions rather than 20 year olds who are the best conditioned athletes in the world. I'm just shaking my head at the NBA. I know, maybe they can arrange the first NBA game in China! In Wuhan. After all, they are totally over the virus, according to them at least. They are re-opening and need some NBA entertainment to get them going. Nike could be a big sponsor, and LBJ could do the opening ceremony. :D
All NBA practice facilities are closed by the League. They won't open till every state a team is in has relaxed the stay at home.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: There are places to discuss whether you agree or not with current stay-at-home restrictions. This board isn't among those places.