Following Potential *2020* Draftees

Well he has one of the talents that's coveted. He's a terrific shooter, and he's a good sized wing. I've heard or read some criticisms of his athleticism, but I don't see the justification for that. He's certainly not an elite athlete, but he's a good athlete. You don't have to have a 40" vertical to play in this league. Does he have Jamal Crawford handles? No! But his handles are good enough for what he does, and he seems to know what his capabilities are. He doesn't turn the ball over that much.

Does Danny Green create a lot of shots on his own for other's? No, but he's made himself a valuable player in the league. The way I look at this draft is that your not likely to find a superstar, especially where the Kings will be picking, but if you can find a player that fills a need that you have, like someone that can come off the bench, puts some points on the board, and play defense. Accomplish that, and then you've had a good draft.

Hey, if you get lucky and find a star, then great. You never know. When I followed Leonard at San Diego St. I never once looked at him as a superstar. I really liked him, and had him at the top of my draft list, but I saw him as a player that could fill a hole in our roster. Someone who could score a little, with the potential to do more in that area, and mostly, as a terrific defender. Never in my wildest dreams did I see him as the player he became. I guess one could say that I missed on him, but it your going to miss, that's the way to do it.

Nesmith took a giant leap forward this year from his freshman year and that's a good sign. He became the best player on his team, and was without a doubt the go to guy on that team. If he can bring that shot to the NBA, and improve on other aspects of his game, then who knows, he might make another player on the team irrelevant and a valuable trade piece.
Given their likely pick position in the upcoming draft, I think it makes the most sense for the Kings to simply select the most talented player available. It sounds like a rudimentary concept, but I think we’ve seen the FO of this franchise “overthink” such decisions all too often.

Dani Avdija is the no brainer pick for me. He could easily be a bust but he could also be a guy who fills up the stat sheet on a nightly basis and carries your team to victory often throughout a season. These guys that can score, rebound, pass and defend in Avdija's case are the guys that lead their teams to the playoffs. The Kings are in need of one of these types badly. They have to swing for the fences at this point.

Guys like Okoro are intriguing and could potentially be an Iguodola lite type player but the Kings aren't a high level roleplayer away from making the playoffs. They need something more than guys that can defend, spot shoot and give you straight line drives. They need a leader or co leader next to Fox.
if you want Avdija it is clear we would have to tank. I think the Bey kid from Vandy would be a great pick as he can defend multiple positions and shoots 3’s well.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Watch Bey and Williams today. Like what I see on Williams.
I was about to do a write up on Williams, but wanted to see him play today, as well as Bey. Right now, Bey is the more skilled of the two, while Williams is the better athlete. However, Bey is a very good athlete as well. I see Bey as a 3 and D player, and maybe more if he can improve in a few areas. Williams is a little further away from being ready to play in the NBA, but it might pay dividends for the future to let him play in the G-League for a year or two.

That said, if you want someone that's more ready to play now, then I would go with Bey, who is more of a pure SF as opposed to Williams who is listed as a SF but plays more like a PF.

Another player I'm about to do a write up on is the 6'10" PF Jalen Smith from Maryland. I think he's going to raise up the draft boards and hopefully not out of our reach. Very athletic player who is shooting just a tick under 38% from the three. He's a very good defender who is averaging over 2 blocks a game, and over 10 boards a game. I'd give him a look..

I was about to do a write up on Williams, but wanted to see him play today, as well as Bey. Right now, Bey is the more skilled of the two, while Williams is the better athlete. However, Bey is a very good athlete as well. I see Bey as a 3 and D player, and maybe more if he can improve in a few areas. Williams is a little further away from being ready to play in the NBA, but it might pay dividends for the future to let him play in the G-League for a year or two.

That said, if you want someone that's more ready to play now, then I would go with Bey, who is more of a pure SF as opposed to Williams who is listed as a SF but plays more like a PF.

Another player I'm about to do a write up on is the 6'10" PF Jalen Smith from Maryland. I think he's going to raise up the draft boards and hopefully not out of our reach. Very athletic player who is shooting just a tick under 38% from the three. He's a very good defender who is averaging over 2 blocks a game, and over 10 boards a game. I'd give him a look..
yeah I watched the game as did not like Bey’s awareness on D. Williams to me was more defensively aware. But Bey is the better shooter.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
yeah I watched the game as did not like Bey’s awareness on D. Williams to me was more defensively aware. But Bey is the better shooter.
Remember, it's just one game. I've probably watched Villanova play 10 or 11 times this year and I have no problem overall with Bey's defense. He's usually given the job of guarding the best player on the other team, regardless of position. So I'm fine with him. I would compare Williams to Justin Jackson. Terrific athlete whose a hustle bunny on both ends of the court, but needs some refinement before he's ready. Hey, I like them both! Of the two, Williams may have the best upside down the road, but then, so did Mclemore!

Remember, it's just one game. I've probably watched Villanova play 10 or 11 times this year and I have no problem overall with Bey's defense. He's usually given the job of guarding the best player on the other team, regardless of position. So I'm fine with him. I would compare Williams to Justin Jackson. Terrific athlete whose a hustle bunny on both ends of the court, but needs some refinement before he's ready. Hey, I like them both! Of the two, Williams may have the best upside down the road, but then, so did Mclemore!
yeah I agree. I plan to watch them both some more. They may be a combination of best player available and best fit where we are likely to draft.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
yeah I agree. I plan to watch them both some more. They may be a combination of best player available and best fit where we are likely to draft.
Give Jalen Smith a look as well. I really like this kid. I know we have a bit of a logjam at the PF position, but hey, you can't have too many good big men. He can play center as well.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Give Jalen Smith a look as well. I really like this kid. I know we have a bit of a logjam at the PF position, but hey, you can't have too many good big men. He can play center as well.
I agree. I see him down in the 20s in mocks, and I'm not sure why he's not in the lotto. But, like you've said, not a lot of distance between #1 and #20 this year.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
OK, lets take a look at Patrick Williams, the 6'8", 225 lb PF/SF. Personally, I think at the moment he's a PF. He's averaging 22.6 mpg and 9.2 ppg while shooting 45.7% overall and 32.7% from the three. He's a very good freethrow shooter at 85.7%, which bodes well for projecting him as a much better 3pt shooter in the future. Where he stands out is on defense, where he's averaging a little over 1 steal a game and 1.1 blocks per game. He actually doesn't have a bad 3 pt shot especially if it's in a catch and shoot situation. Where he struggles is off the dribble.

He averages just a tick under 4 boards a game, and it's something I think, with his athleticism, he should be better at. His handles are good enough for straight line driving, but definitely need tightening if he's going to play on the wing. He has a good differential on his offensive and defensive rating. His offensive rating is 106.9 while his defensive rating is 94.1, which is excellent. He's definitely a player whose likely to be available when we pick in the first rd. I think he'll be a bit of a project, but he has a lot of upside. He does have an excellent mid-range game where he shoots a high percentage.

He's not my first choice, but I do think he can become a solid rotational NBA player at worse, and perhaps a starter down the road at best. Here's a short video.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I've been putting this off because I wanted to make sure what I was seeing wasn't an aberration, and I don't think it is. I first picked up on Jalen Smith last year when I was tuning in to watch Bruno Fernando of Maryland. Fernando was the supposed star, but in several games, his teammate Jalen Smith outplayed him. He didn't shoot the three very well, and he lacked consistency, but you could see there was something there. He's a known hard worker, and he supposedly worked hard on his 3pt shot during the summer, but when the season started, he shot around 18% for the first 8 games.

Well now he's shooting 36.8% from the three, and his shot looks relaxed and smooth. But first, Jalen Smith is a 6'10", 225 lb PF/C. He's averaging 31.2 mpg and 15.5 ppg, whild shooting 53.8% overall and 36.8% from the three. He's also shooting 75.0% from the line while averaging 10.5 rebounds and an outstanding 2.4 blocks per game. He's become one of my favorite players in the draft, if not my favorite, and it blows my mind how some draft boards have him going in the 2nd rd. That's not going to happen. I just hope he doesn't rise too far up the board.

Smith is a quick leaper who runs the floor very well. He gets a lot of points by beating everyone down the floor, and with missed put backs. He can score with either hand in the post, and he can block shots with either hand. He stays down on defense not biting on pump fakes. He's a very fluid athlete that makes everything look easy. He also has a very nice mid-range jumpshot. His coach says he's the most humble player he's ever coached. Of course he's not without a few flaws.

He definitely needs to add a little upper body strength if he's going to bang in the NBA. Right now he won't scare anyone creating off the dribble. He is capable of pull-up mid-range shot when going downhill in transition, but when closely guarded, he'll usually move the ball, although he does from time to time shoot a step-back 16 foot baseline shot. In short he needs to improve his handles a bit. But he's a very good in the catch and shoot. He's an excellent post defender who makes very good adjustments in the air while blocking a shot. It's stuff you can't be taught. Defensively, his weakness is away from the basket when stuck on a smaller, quicker player. An area I think he can improve on.

I waited till I could watch his game today which Maryland won. He played 35 minutes and scored 18 pts. He didn't shoot the three well today going 1 for 5, but he went 6 for 12 overall. He added 1 steal, 11 rebounds, and 4 blocked shots. He's been a double/double machine all year and without a doubt is Maryland's best player. I would love to have him on the Kings. I think he has a lot of upside left.

Forgot to add his offensive/defensive rating: Offensive rating- 123.8 - Defensive rating - 88.6

Last edited:
I've been putting this off because I wanted to make sure what I was seeing wasn't an aberration, and I don't think it is. I first picked up on Jalen Smith last year when I was tuning in to watch Bruno Fernando of Maryland. Fernando was the supposed star, but in several games, his teammate Jalen Smith outplayed him. He didn't shoot the three very well, and he lacked consistency, but you could see there was something there. He's a known hard worker, and he supposedly worked hard on his 3pt shot during the summer, but when the season started, he shot around 18% for the first 8 games.

Well now he's shooting 36.8% from the three, and his shot looks relaxed and smooth. But first, Jalen Smith is a 6'10", 225 lb PF/C. He's averaging 31.2 mpg and 15.5 ppg, whild shooting 53.8% overall and 36.8% from the three. He's also shooting 75.0% from the line while averaging 10.5 rebounds and an outstanding 2.4 blocks per game. He's become one of my favorite players in the draft, if not my favorite, and it blows my mind how some draft boards have him going in the 2nd rd. That's not going to happen. I just hope he doesn't rise too far up the board.

Smith is a quick leaper who runs the floor very well. He gets a lot of points by beating everyone down the floor, and with missed put backs. He can score with either hand in the post, and he can block shots with either hand. He stays down on defense not biting on pump fakes. He's a very fluid athlete that makes everything look easy. He also has a very nice mid-range jumpshot. His coach says he's the most humble player he's ever coached. Of course he's not without a few flaws.

He definitely needs to add a little upper body strength if he's going to bang in the NBA. Right now he won't scare anyone creating off the dribble. He is capable of pull-up mid-range shot when going downhill in transition, but when closely guarded, he'll usually move the ball, although he does from time to time shoot a step-back 16 foot baseline shot. In short he needs to improve his handles a bit. But he's a very good in the catch and shoot. He's an excellent post defender who makes very good adjustments in the air while blocking a shot. It's stuff you can't be taught. Defensively, his weakness is away from the basket when stuck on a smaller, quicker player. An area I think he can improve on.

I waited till I could watch his game today which Maryland won. He played 35 minutes and scored 18 pts. He didn't shoot the three well today going 1 for 5, but he went 6 for 12 overall. He added 1 steal, 11 rebounds, and 4 blocked shots. He's been a double/double machine all year and without a doubt is Maryland's best player. I would love to have him on the Kings. I think he has a lot of upside left.

Forgot to add his offensive/defensive rating: Offensive rating- 123.8 - Defensive rating - 88.6

I appreciate your diligence and player breakdowns. Always more interesting to find those diamonds that are overlooked by the so called experts early in the draft. Jalen Smith may be that, he looks good in this video for sure, I'm just curious what kind of moves the Kings would need to make to take on another young player of his size and position.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I appreciate your diligence and player breakdowns. Always more interesting to find those diamonds that are overlooked by the so called experts early in the draft. Jalen Smith may be that, he looks good in this video for sure, I'm just curious what kind of moves the Kings would need to make to take on another young player of his size and position.
Well, while we live in the present, we always have to consider the future. That's how good teams stay good. It's possible we lose Giles in the offseason. I hope not, but right now it looks probable. Bjelica only has one year left on his contract, and it's non-guaranteed. Holmes has one year left on his contract. So drafting a big like Smith and developing him for a year or so would be good insurance for the future. He could be Bjelica's replacement.

If we have Bjelica and Holmes next year, you send Smith to the G-league for a year. If there's an injury to one of our bigs, we'd have him to bring up. If not, he gets experience.

Well, while we live in the present, we always have to consider the future. That's how good teams stay good. It's possible we lose Giles in the offseason. I hope not, but right now it looks probable. Bjelica only has one year left on his contract, and it's non-guaranteed. Holmes has one year left on his contract. So drafting a big like Smith and developing him for a year or so would be good insurance for the future. He could be Bjelica's replacement.

If we have Bjelica and Holmes next year, you send Smith to the G-league for a year. If there's an injury to one of our bigs, we'd have him to bring up. If not, he gets experience.
Thanks, this makes sense. I have been focusing more on PG's and SF's thinking that a more potential need, however seeing we are likely picking closer to the middle 1st round this year perceived BPA might be advised and a stent in the G-league less questionable.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Thanks, this makes sense. I have been focusing more on PG's and SF's thinking that a more potential need, however seeing we are likely picking closer to the middle 1st round this year perceived BPA might be advised and a stent in the G-league less questionable.
I think you always take the best player available, which can be debatable at times. There a several players I like as well, but are likely to be gone when we pick. If your looking for a SF, the one I would take who is likely to be there when we pick is Saddiq Bey from Villanova. Very good defender and a excellent shooter from beyond the arc. He has good size at 6'8". There's a PG I have targeted in the 2nd rd that is the starting PG for San Diego St. Malachi Flynn. He's very composed and never gets rattled.

He's a bit undersized in today's league at 6'2". He's a four year junior having sat out a year when he transferred from Wash St. to San Diego St. He shoots the three well (38%) and plays with an edge. Anyway, if you get the chance take in a San Diego St. game. They will be in March Madness since their around the 5th ranked team in the nation.

The Kings will be looking at a #10-15 draft spot this year. A potential steal in the mid first round could be Aaron Nesmith from Vanderbilt, who is a 6'6", 213 lbs forward with a 6'10" wingspan.

He is a nice looking scoring SF/SG that has flown under the radar, because he suffered a season ending foot injury in January. Before that, he was averaging 23 pts/ 5 reb/ 1 asst/ 1 blk/1.4 steals per game on 52.2% 3 Point shooting on 8 attempts/game.

He could develop into a nice scoring SF to take over for HB in a couple of years. Here's a nice highlight video of Nesmith.

Here is a nice write up about him from Vandy:

https://vanderbilthustler.com/29395...zing-aaron-nesmiths-non-conference-dominance/

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The Kings will be looking at a #10-15 draft spot this year. A potential steal in the mid first round could be Aaron Nesmith from Vanderbilt, who is a 6'6", 213 lbs forward with a 6'10" wingspan.

He is a nice looking scoring SF/SG that has flown under the radar, because he suffered a season ending foot injury in January. Before that, he was averaging 23 pts/ 5 reb/ 1 asst/ 1 blk/1.4 steals per game on 52.2% 3 Point shooting on 8 attempts/game.

He could develop into a nice scoring SF to take over for HB in a couple of years. Here's a nice highlight video of Nesmith.

Here is a nice write up about him from Vandy:

https://vanderbilthustler.com/29395...zing-aaron-nesmiths-non-conference-dominance/
Yeah, if you go back a page or two you'll see I've done a write up on him. He might be the best shooter in college, and he's certainly someone the Kings should take a hard look at.

Yeah, if you go back a page or two you'll see I've done a write up on him. He might be the best shooter in college, and he's certainly someone the Kings should take a hard look at.
Baja, do you think he is big enough to eventually fill out and become a full time Small Forward in the NBA? He’s 6’6”, but has a nice 6’10” wingspan.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Baja, do you think he is big enough to eventually fill out and become a full time Small Forward in the NBA? He’s 6’6”, but has a nice 6’10” wingspan.
Well, lets wait and get his confirmed measurements first at the combine, if there is a combine. But if his current measurements are accurate, then yes, I think he could play SF. There are more 6'6"/6'7" SF's in the NBA than there are those that are 6'8" or above. It's getting to the point where it doesn't matter what the position you play is called. Bazemore is only 6'5", and he's quite capable of guarding a lot of SF's. I think a players standing reach is the most important measurement when considering a defensive position.

For instance, our own DaQuan Jeffries measured out at the combine at 6'5" in shoes and with a 6'11.25" wingspan, which translated to a 8'8" standing reach. At the same combine, Louis King, who measured out at 6'8" in shoes, with a 7 foot wingspan, ended up with a 8'8.5" wingspan. So while Jeffries is giving up 3 inches in height, his reach is basically the same. By the way, Jeffries was an outstanding defender in college.

It will be interesting to see how the draft plays out amidst all this uncertainty. If there will be private workouts, a combine etc. Or if the draft will even take place in its current form. Everything is so up in the air at the moment.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
It will be interesting to see how the draft plays out amidst all this uncertainty. If there will be private workouts, a combine etc. Or if the draft will even take place in its current form. Everything is so up in the air at the moment.
Yep, all one can do if your a team preparing for the draft, is keep doing your homework. There's plenty of film to look at. The question I have is whether the NCAA will move the name withdrawal from the draft back. I'm sure the NBA will accommodate what ever is needed, but who knows what the NCAA will do. Plus, the college coaches like to know whose returning and whose not, which affects their recruiting. In short, the whole thing is a big mess.

I however, will press on, in full denial, as though nothing has changed!

Well we are about 3 months until the draft and with no Idea of how this current season will end up it leaves a lot of speculation on what will happen. Pretty sure higher ups have a idea but don’t like the options if this drags out.

So in a normal year you have close to 3 months before both the college and nba seasons get started from draft night. Colleges need to know how many spots are open on their roster. So will we see a even more diluted draft class than this not so deep one?

I can see more prospects returning to college another year if they are faced with a deadline of uncertainty in regards to a delayed draft and start to the 20/21 season. And that creates problems for the following draft, will their stock drop against the next crop coming out and miss their opportunity? I know they face that decision every year but this one seems different.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well we are about 3 months until the draft and with no Idea of how this current season will end up it leaves a lot of speculation on what will happen. Pretty sure higher ups have a idea but don’t like the options if this drags out.

So in a normal year you have close to 3 months before both the college and nba seasons get started from draft night. Colleges need to know how many spots are open on their roster. So will we see a even more diluted draft class than this not so deep one?

I can see more prospects returning to college another year if they are faced with a deadline of uncertainty in regards to a delayed draft and start to the 20/21 season. And that creates problems for the following draft, will their stock drop against the next crop coming out and miss their opportunity? I know they face that decision every year but this one seems different.
There's no doubt that many of the players will have to make decisions with less feedback unless some changes are made and dates are changed. I doubt it will affect the decisions of the top 10 or 15 players, but beyond that, it becomes more of a crap shoot. There are players like Nick Richards of Kentucky, who has been projected as a high 2nd rd to low 1st rd pick. In a normal year he would be able go to the combine and some team workouts, and get a pretty good idea, maybe even a promise from a team.

That's not likely to happen this year. Since he's certainly helped his draft stock by staying at Kentucky for three years, he may opt to return for one more year and see if he can't work his way into the upper half of the first rd. After his freshman year, I thought he would go undrafted. So he's really helped himself by staying in school.

However, his teammate, Tyrese Maxey, will be a lottery pick, and I feel certain he will remain in the draft. Personally, none of this is affecting my ability to look at players. I have over 50 games recorded, many of which I haven't watched yet, and some I'll definitely watch again. Plus, there's film available on the internet if you know where to look. For instance, if you have this site, https://www.livebasketball.tv/home, you can re-watch any European league game that they originally televised for the site. It's a great site and in high dep. Yes, you do have to pay for it, but it's very reasonable.

With that I'm off to watch a game.

I agree with what you’re saying and it’s going to be tough for players like Richards. He should be better prepared to move to the NBA but his age and more than likely his upside is close to where it is right now and that’s a big turn off on draft night. But being picked where he may be projected could also be a good thing for a team wanting a more polished player later in the draft. We’ll see

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Vernon Carey Jr: 6'10", 270 lb's. Duke, Center/PF, Freshman.
24.8 mpg - 17.8 ppg - 57.7% fgp - 38.1% 3pp - 67.0% ftp - 8.8 rpg - 1.0 apg - 1.6 blk's per game

Carey is projected to go somewhere toward the bottom of the 1st rd, which surprises me because I think he's better than some of the players rated above him. While Carey is mostly a post player (71.3% of his shots come at the rim) where he shoots an excellent 65.0%, he's capable of pulling up and shooting mid-range jumpers (22.6% of his shots are 2pt jumpshots) where he shot an acceptable 39.7%. He did shoot a very good 38.1% from the three. However, he took less than one a game, so take that percentage with a grain of salt.

Carey is very agile for a player his size and weight, which he uses with excellent footwork and quick spin moves around the basket. He's also a very good rebounder in space, but not so much out of his area. The knock on him coming out of highschool was that he didn't stay in shape, and that he tended to coast during games. To be honest, I haven't seen much evidence of either in the games I've watched. If I have, it would be on the defensive side of the ball, where I've seen a little lack of effort at times.

He runs the floor well for his size and seems to have decent to good hops when arriving with a head of steam. Not so much when jumping off two feet from under the basket. I wouldn't call him a prolific shot blocker, but he's quite capable of making his presence felt. Where he suffers defensively is in isolation on the perimeter, making him a bit of liability defending the P&R. However, I think he might be fine in a good team defensive scheme. If he can develop his 3pt shot, and perhaps drop another 10 pounds or so, I think he could be a solid rotational player in the NBA. Maybe more than that, depending on his work ethic.

As I said, I think he's a better player than many of those listed above him. I know big centers with a post game are a dying breed in the NBA, but I think he capable of being more than that. If he slides into the 2nd rd, someone is going to get a huge steal.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Isaiah Stewart: 6'9", 250 lb's. Washington, PF, Freshman.
32.2 mpg - 17.0 ppg - 57.0% fgp - 25.0% 3pp - 77.4% ftp - 8.8 rpg - 2.1 blk's per game

I thought that while I was on big men I would bring up Stewart. Stewart is another big that's projected to go in the bottom half of the 1st rd. While he plays mostly at the center position, I think his future in the NBA is at the PF position, although he capable of playing small ball center. He already has an NBA body, and he loves to bang underneath the basket. Stewart is a total team player who does all the little things you love in a big man.. He sets good picks, blocks out etc. He's a hustle player with a great motor.

He has nice touch around the basket and a very good jumphook that he can make with either hand, although his touch is better with his right. He has a decent to good, still developing post game where he's added some drop steps and up and under moves. 69.4% of his shots come at the rim where he shoots 57.3%. He also has a developing mid-range game. 36.8% of his shots are mid-range jumpers where he shoots a very respectable 42.7%. His 3pt shot is still a work in progress, but his form looks good and he has good rotation on the ball, so he looks like a potential stretch four. He's a good but not an elite athlete.

Some added info from the basketball academy where he went to highschool is: 7'4" wingspan - 9'0.5" standing reach - 35" max vertical. There's always a place for a hustle guy who also works hard on his game, and reports are that Stewart is a gym rat.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Isaiah Stewart: 6'9", 250 lb's. Washington, PF, Freshman.
32.2 mpg - 17.0 ppg - 57.0% fgp - 25.0% 3pp - 77.4% ftp - 8.8 rpg - 2.1 blk's per game

I thought that while I was on big men I would bring up Stewart. Stewart is another big that's projected to go in the bottom half of the 1st rd. While he plays mostly at the center position, I think his future in the NBA is at the PF position, although he capable of playing small ball center. He already has an NBA body, and he loves to bang underneath the basket. Stewart is a total team player who does all the little things you love in a big man.. He sets good picks, blocks out etc. He's a hustle player with a great motor.

He has nice touch around the basket and a very good jumphook that he can make with either hand, although his touch is better with his right. He has a decent to good, still developing post game where he's added some drop steps and up and under moves. 69.4% of his shots come at the rim where he shoots 57.3%. He also has a developing mid-range game. 36.8% of his shots are mid-range jumpers where he shoots a very respectable 42.7%. His 3pt shot is still a work in progress, but his form looks good and he has good rotation on the ball, so he looks like a potential stretch four. He's a good but not an elite athlete.

Some added info from the basketball academy where he went to highschool is: 7'4" wingspan - 9'0.5" standing reach - 35" max vertical. There's always a place for a hustle guy who also works hard on his game, and reports are that Stewart is a gym rat.
One thing that stood out to me from Stewart is that he has great hands. Chris-Webber-style everything sticks to them hands. On post entries, it never seemed to matter if the pass was good, bad, or downright awful, he caught it. I know the NBA is moving away from the post game, but with his hands and his touch around the basket he may be a buy-low candidate for an offense that wants to install more post play to mismatch against the current smallball trend.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
One thing that stood out to me from Stewart is that he has great hands. Chris-Webber-style everything sticks to them hands. On post entries, it never seemed to matter if the pass was good, bad, or downright awful, he caught it. I know the NBA is moving away from the post game, but with his hands and his touch around the basket he may be a buy-low candidate for an offense that wants to install more post play to mismatch against the current smallball trend.
Yep, I had that in my notes, and yes, he has excellent hands which also translates into a soft touch around the basket. Looking at his mid-range game I think he can eventually become a good enough 3 pt shooter that he'll have to be guarded. I know it doesn't appear as though we need another big man, but at this point, he might be good insurance against losing not only Giles, but maybe Belli as well. Belli's contract is non-guaranteed for next season and if the Kings find themselves in a salary cap crunch, he might become collateral damage. While I still have confidence that Bagley is the real deal, who knows how his injury problems will play out in the future. Finally, lets remember that Holmes only has one more year left on his contract.

There are other options for the Kings that could be available in the 2nd rd, like Paul Reed from DePaul. He already looks like a prototypical stretch four, although his 3pt shot fell off late in the season. I also like Daniel Oturu from Minnesota who is projected to go mid 2nd rd. Lastly, how about Makur Maker, who many scouts consider consider a better prospect than his cousin Thon. He's my next write up by the way..