Coronavirus

Well it’s come to my community tonight. My town has about 16,000 people and one of the teachers at a local school just tested positive. The school has about 400 students and covers the rural area just east of here (like a 7 minute drive).

So I have something I volunteered for tomorrow evening and then I am down for the count for awhile. At 65 and with my father in-law in poor health at 90 I have no business running around.

Funny how fast things change. This week I had planned on taking about 5 days off and spend it in Gettysburg at a bed and breakfast. Was supposed to go over early last Sunday. Felt like a sore throat coming on and decided to cancel everything Saturday afternoon.

Well within 24 hours after I was due to arrive their restaurant and pub has been shut down and all their rooms are not available and blocked out for at least the end of the month. I can really see more areas becoming shelter in place quarantine like my town.

Christian Wood is sick. I would guess the Kings may have to self quarantine now as no one knows did Gobert give it to Wood or the other way around. If Wood is patient zero then the Kings are at risk.
Nah, Wood didn’t have it then.

KINGS played DET on March 1st. Symptoms are presented from 2-12 days. If Wood had the virus and infected anyone on March 1st, we’d have heard about it already.

Observation: Americans would save a lot of money on toilet paper and be far more environmentally friendly if they embraced the bidet.
Yeah, my wife and I are baffled that t.p. is considered such a necessity by some.

Nice to have, absolutely. But easily done without.

How do these folks think people did it hundreds and even thousands of years ago? SMH.

Yeah, my wife and I are baffled that t.p. is considered such a necessity by some.

Nice to have, absolutely. But easily done without.

How do these folks think people did it hundreds and even thousands of years ago? SMH.
I have a good friend, who I've ended up at the same places, at the same time over the last 18 years--undergrad, grad, ended up randomly living in the same neighborhood. Weird in a good way. Dude is smart af, but this virus has him off his rocker--he cancelled all soccer activities three weeks ago, has been lobbying the school district to close schools for three weeks, bought a ton of toilet paper two weeks ago, and decided TP was not enough, so he bought and installed those toilets that clean your "behind" with water after doing #2. Plus he sends pics of his guns each day via text. Lolzz. This virus has people completely nutzzz.

Sometimes you get a idea in your head and it can consume you. I have a close friend who as of last night told me his family and a few relatives (5 total) are at his home till this gets better. He’s kinda a prepper anyway and besides all his survival foods he went out and bought another $1,500 worth of food.

Sometimes you get a idea in your head and it can consume you. I have a close friend who as of last night told me his family and a few relatives (5 total) are at his home till this gets better. He’s kinda a prepper anyway and besides all his survival foods he went out and bought another $1,500 worth of food.
This is what really annoys me. I spent the last 6 days working in the hospital and on my day off decides to get food and I had to go to 3 markets just to find eggs and bread

I drove by Costco last night (I was hoping I could sneak a strawberry sundae - but no, they were only serving pizza and hot dogs); besides TP and sanitizer they had a long list of items they were sold out of posted. Rice and Mac and Cheese among them.

I figure I may do an actual run mid-week if we have to but we have food for now. Food is take out only but I think I am done going to restaurants at this point, may visit my favorite coffee shop once or twice a week but that's it.

I drove by Costco last night (I was hoping I could sneak a strawberry sundae - but no, they were only serving pizza and hot dogs); besides TP and sanitizer they had a long list of items they were sold out of posted. Rice and Mac and Cheese among them.

I figure I may do an actual run mid-week if we have to but we have food for now. Food is take out only but I think I am done going to restaurants at this point, may visit my favorite coffee shop once or twice a week but that's it.
I’ve been doing take outs at my favorite restaurant now and then

I’ve been doing take outs at my favorite restaurant now and then
Since I've been sent home it feels like I should not go out much to reduce exposure for my family. GF is still in her office and my son is still on his regular schedule between houses and his grandpa lives at the other house so I'd hate to get him sick and transfer it over to a vulnerable family member.

I'm watching all my appointments get cancelled through April this morning. Depressing and surreal. But been told when beds fill up at the hospital we may have to open our space as overflow. :/

Stay healthy Pacboy.

Since I've been sent home it feels like I should not go out much to reduce exposure for my family. GF is still in her office and my son is still on his regular schedule between houses and his grandpa lives at the other house so I'd hate to get him sick and transfer it over to a vulnerable family member.

I'm watching all my appointments get cancelled through April this morning. Depressing and surreal. But been told when beds fill up at the hospital we may have to open our space as overflow. :/

Stay healthy Pacboy.
You too! Hope everyone is staying safe and well fed.

You too! Hope everyone is staying safe and well fed.
So far so good. Kinda bored alone in the house but maybe tomorrow on a break I'll go down to the basement and crank an amp or something :D

some people are asymptomatic.
I've seen at least one early epidemiology report (not peer reviewed, so...) that suggested asymptomatic carriers have higher viral loads than sick patients.

Really if you have the opportunity to avoid others take it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Japan is getting lulled into a false sense of security by every other country going into full disaster mode/the government here is so intent on hosting the Olympics in July come hell or high water and this isn't going to end well.

Cherry blossom party season starts this weekend and the river by my apartment was already packed with people looking for them even though nothing's bloomed yet.

So they suspended work (the game) because a ref was in close proximity to a player (Gobert) that was preliminarily tested positive for coronavirus.
I find that incredibly weak. I guess there will be no work done in the USA - indefinitely - according to the NBA.

How in the world are you going to slow it down by not playing games even with no fans in the stands? That's a panic move. We better start getting a grip. I totally understand the fact that the main problem is the number of people who could be infected and therefore the medical system could be overwhelmed, but not having games even when there are no fans in the stands is ridiculous. If you follow the NBA way, EVERYBODY SHOULD STAY AT HOME. INDEFINITELY. That's ridiculous.
Looks like Adam Silver is looking like a very smart at the moment. That and this post didn't age very well

Japan is getting lulled into a false sense of security by every other country going into full disaster mode/the government here is so intent on hosting the Olympics in July come hell or high water and this isn't going to end well.

Cherry blossom party season starts this weekend and the river by my apartment was already packed with people looking for them even though nothing's bloomed yet.
We were talking about going and wound up that my son and my mom are doing a grandma/grandson trip to London instead. I hope that isn't in jeopardy. But yeah, maybe they should talk about moving to 2021? Certainly qualifying meets have to be in jeopardy even if things are clear by July/August?

You missed the point. Too much time elapsed between when the KINGS played DET and when Christian Wood became symptomatic then tested positive for him to have had it back on 3/1.

I stated up to 12 days, but most reputable medical outlets are reporting that it's far less than that. Around 7 days.

And guess who Wood matched up with 7 days prior to testing positive? Rudy Gobert. On 3/7. Who tested positive several days before Wood did.

It's pretty easy to connect the dots on that one.

Not only that. Only 7 NBA players have tested positive thus far. Including the Nets recent outbreak.

No KINGS players reported. 17 days after facing DET.

In conclusion, Christian Wood wasn't infected or contageous back on 3/1.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You missed the point. Too much time elapsed between when the KINGS played DET and when Christian Wood became symptomatic then tested positive for him to have had it back on 3/1.

I stated up to 12 days, but most reputable medical outlets are reporting that it's far less than that. Around 7 days.

And guess who Wood matched up with 7 days prior to testing positive? Rudy Gobert. On 3/7. Who tested positive several days before Wood did.

It's pretty easy to connect the dots on that one.

Not only that. Only 7 NBA players have tested positive thus far. Including the Nets recent outbreak.

No KINGS players reported. 17 days after facing DET.

In conclusion, Christian Wood wasn't infected or contageous back on 3/1.
If either of you have doctorates in medicine or a related field, fine. If not, let's leave the speculation and theories to those who do. Face it. There's still just too much about all of this that isn't known.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
If either of you have doctorates in medicine or a related field, fine. If not, let's leave the speculation and theories to those who do. Face it. There's still just too much about all of this that isn't known.
This. Both of them could have gotten it from relatives, or a handle on a bus from the hotel to an arena, or a restaurant, or shaking hands with a fan/signing something, or any other number of possible places. Let's not start speculating on who gave it to who. It doesn't matter, and it is all assumptions.

This. Both of them could have gotten it from relatives, or a handle on a bus from the hotel to an arena, or a restaurant, or shaking hands with a fan/signing something, or any other number of possible places. Let's not start speculating on who gave it to who. It doesn't matter, and it is all assumptions.
Oh please. Stop it.

I like both of you so I’ll refrain from saying anything more than that.

Let's not start speculating on who gave it to who. It doesn't matter, and it is all assumptions.
With asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic carriers, little testing, and slow public awareness of how quickly it was moving, having spread it a couple of weeks ago isn't necessarily blameworthy anyway. A lot has changed since then.

Gobert's still an irresponsible jerk, though. What a horrible example.

Looks like they are reporting two Lakers tested positive. Also reported 7 nba organizations now have people who have tested positive, although it wasn’t mentioned if they were players or someone else in the organization.