[Game] Kings v. Pelicans - Wednesday, March 11 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
So get everyone together in the stadium and exposed...THEN cancel. I dont blame those in attendance for being upset.
Yep. This was my reaction too. I was with a group of friends. We arrived downtown around 3 to bar hop before the game. Got into the arena around 6:30 for the 7:30 game.

We knew all about the Warriors situation and then even the NBA postponing the season hours later. But we thought our game was going to be played. I mean, we’re all there already. So what’s the point of not seeing it through? The time to postpone or cancel was hours earlier before everyone traveled downtown and gathered in the arena. Not at gametime.

I get that they suddenly figured out Kirkland ref’d a Utah game recently, but still. I also heard Gobert didn’t play in that game. Even so, they could have played the game w/o Kirkland and with only 2 refs.

Just seems lame to get us all down there, have the KINGS out on the floor for warmups then not play. I had a feeling that when the Pelicans didn’t come out for warmups that they were the ones that ultimately decided not to play. Every other game sans ours and the Utah game was played.

Just before the announcement of postponement and then as we left the arena, we saw Lonzo Ball out on the floor getting some shots up. He’s the only Pelican player we saw.

Yep. This was my reaction too. I was with a group of friends. We arrived downtown around 3 to bar hop before the game. Got into the arena around 6:30 for the 7:30 game.

We knew all about the Warriors situation and then even the NBA postponing the season hours later. But we thought our game was going to be played. I mean, we’re all there already. So what’s the point of not seeing it through? The time to postpone or cancel was hours earlier before everyone traveled downtown and gathered in the arena. Not at gametime.

I get that they suddenly figured out Kirkland ref’d a Utah game recently, but still. I also heard Gobert didn’t play in that game. Even so, they could have played the game w/o Kirkland and with only 2 refs.

Just seems lame to get us all down there, have the KINGS out on the floor for warmups then not play. I had a feeling that when the Pelicans didn’t come out for warmups that they were the ones that ultimately decided not to play. Every other game sans ours and the Utah game was played.

Just before the announcement of postponement and then as we left the arena, we saw Lonzo Ball out on the floor getting some shots up. He’s the only Pelican player we saw.
Grant was saying all 3 refs were together throughout the day so the other 2 couldn’t have been effected too. I also heard it was the pelicans who didn’t want to come out. Like someone else said, they should have just forfeited and given us the win :p

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I thought they postponing games
I don't think that they are going to simply be able to make up the postponed games, for reasons that @Capt. Factorial already alluded to: All 30 teams have other events going on in their respective arenas, besides the NBA games, some of them even have other professional sports teams also playing in them.

And while most teams do try to leave some "buffer" days in their event calendar, even the lottery teams (just in case), the days that they schedule other events aren't days that they're going to be able to change in order to make NBA games up. Like, let's just say that the quarantine is lifted on April 7th. A quick glance at the Kings' schedule indicates that y'all will have nine home games to make up by then, including last night... You're not going to be able to tell Celine Dion to take a hike, so that you can replay Kings/Pelicans. And the rest of the teams are going to be dealing with the same thing. And what happens if the NHL postpones, too? The Kings still have road games at Staples, and the Pepsi Center; those arenas are shared by NHL teams, who will also need to reschedule.

For purely selfish reasons (and at the risk of offending some Kings Fans), I hope that, whenever play resumes, no games are made up. That whatever dates remain on the regular season schedule, those are all the games that get played. And if that's not enough for the Kings to climb into eighth... sorry about y'all's damned luck?

Grant was saying all 3 refs were together throughout the day so the other 2 couldn’t have been effected too. I also heard it was the pelicans who didn’t want to come out. Like someone else said, they should have just forfeited and given us the win :p
Right. They needed to make a split second call and you can’t just pretend that Kirkland has been on an island since he reffed the Jazz game. They did the right thing.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Right. They needed to make a split second call and you can’t just pretend that Kirkland has been on an island since he reffed the Jazz game. They did the right thing.
Plus the NBA knew that if Zion got infected, he would somehow shatter his knee in the midst of a coughing fit and miss the rest of the season or something.

I don't think that they are going to simply be able to make up the postponed games, for reasons that @Capt. Factorial already alluded to: All 30 teams have other events going on in their respective arenas, besides the NBA games, some of them even have other professional sports teams also playing in them.

And while most teams do try to leave some "buffer" days in their event calendar, even the lottery teams (just in case), the days that they schedule other events aren't days that they're going to be able to change in order to make NBA games up. Like, let's just say that the quarantine is lifted on April 7th. A quick glance at the Kings' schedule indicates that y'all will have nine home games to make up by then, including last night... You're not going to be able to tell Celine Dion to take a hike, so that you can replay Kings/Pelicans. And the rest of the teams are going to be dealing with the same thing. And what happens if the NHL postpones, too? The Kings still have road games at Staples, and the Pepsi Center; those arenas are shared by NHL teams, who will also need to reschedule.

For purely selfish reasons (and at the risk of offending some Kings Fans), I hope that, whenever play resumes, no games are made up. That whatever dates remain on the regular season schedule, those are all the games that get played. And if that's not enough for the Kings to climb into eighth... sorry about y'all's damned luck?
its possible. Live Nation shut down all upcoming tours for at least the next two-three months

Status
Not open for further replies.