[Game] Kings @ Trail Blazers (3/7) - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I',m loving the Nate Diaz version of Len, FIBA Bogi was killing it tonight and Barnes/Buddy with solid games. Seriously as long as Portland does not make it I don't care who does they have been nothing but pretenders for years and now with the unlikable cast of Hassan/Melo/Nurkic they are unbearable.

Just finished watching the game on dvr. When the kings have both FIBA Bogie and Buddy Buckets playing well, they are pretty much unbeatable. Even with an off game from fox we had a 20 point lead most of the game. If they click like this the rest of the season, I’ll see u guys in the post season.
Unfortunately that conditional is usually not met. Yes one or the other but not both.

I',m loving the Nate Diaz version of Len, FIBA Bogi was killing it tonight and Barnes/Buddy with solid games. Seriously as long as Portland does not make it I don't care who does they have been nothing but pretenders for years and now with the unlikable cast of Hassan/Melo/Nurkic they are unbearable.
Anthony should just hang it up....

A very complete game by the Kings. They led the whole way against a team with the same record at their place. It all started with defense. They won the rebounding battle. They limited turnovers and had a good shooting game. Holmes will not take long to be completely back.

Fox took what they gave him. He is making foul shots and getting assists. I like that even better than his big scoring nights. Bogdan was hot for a change, but he still gets tangled up in dribbling all over the place. This is not some semi-pro league where he can get away with that. He played defense last night. Everyone contributed. A complete game, just a little complacent in the fourth, but a dominant performance.

Len knows how to aggravate people. Holmes weak side defense is really good. Giles works hard. Bazemore, Joseph and Bjelica have become more physical. The Kings are hard to push around now. They play "with an edge" is how Walton puts it. He values that quality in winning basketball, which he learned from his Dad, John Wooden and playing at U of AZ. I was very proud of the team last night.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
To an extent, but lillard had a putrid game.....probably at least 10 pts off his average I'd guess. Kings got it done and must do it again tonight.
The Kings did a great job of making life miserable for Lillard, throwing different looks at him on defense and doubling with a big every other time he touched the ball. He was guarded by everyone from Fox to Belli with help always hanging around. We basically made him give up the ball most of the time he touched it. Essentially, the Kings weren't going to let Lillard beat them.

The Kings did a great job of making life miserable for Lillard, throwing different looks at him on defense and doubling with a big every other time he touched the ball. He was guarded by everyone from Fox to Belli with help always hanging around. We basically made him give up the ball most of the time he touched it. Essentially, the Kings weren't going to let Lillard beat them.

I checked -17 points off Lillard's average - that's not all on the Kings; he was 20% from 3s where' his average is 39%.- 2-10. He was bricking long shots he makes..... He had an off game - I dont give the Kings defense nearly as much credit as their offense exploding in winning the game. The Kings concentration level and focus on offense looked at a peak the first half. Their defense was satisfactory. This game was a throwback to last year's team early on where they drowned their opponents sometimes. If only they could trot this offense out all the time.....

Bajaden did a nice job of explaining the Kings' defensive strategy against Lillard. A lot of people seem to not notice good defense when they see it. The Kings' made some shots last night, but they won because of a great defensive effort and a masterful plan by Walton.
Lillard is a top 10 player in the NBA - even good players have off nights. You're right ,the Kings do get some defensive credit in that, but they didn't win because of their defense. Common they shot 53% from 3 ---a staggering 21 made 3s - that's their win ppine. - where they hang they their hat for the game.

A very complete game by the Kings. They led the whole way against a team with the same record at their place. It all started with defense. They won the rebounding battle. They limited turnovers and had a good shooting game. Holmes will not take long to be completely back.

Fox took what they gave him. He is making foul shots and getting assists. I like that even better than his big scoring nights. Bogdan was hot for a change, but he still gets tangled up in dribbling all over the place. This is not some semi-pro league where he can get away with that. He played defense last night. Everyone contributed. A complete game, just a little complacent in the fourth, but a dominant performance.

Len knows how to aggravate people. Holmes weak side defense is really good. Giles works hard. Bazemore, Joseph and Bjelica have become more physical. The Kings are hard to push around now. They play "with an edge" is how Walton puts it. He values that quality in winning basketball, which he learned from his Dad, John Wooden and playing at U of AZ. I was very proud of the team last night.
Sacramento is showing a bit more toughness, which I think is attributable to some of the newer additions to the roster - Bazemore and Len in particular. It’s interesting that just a couple of key players on a squad can really change the culture, to great benefit in this case. If the FO is smart, they’ll figure out a way to keep both of those guys on the team. It’s very apparent that that each has been absolutely instrumental in addressing the weaknesses that the Kings previously had. I think management has assembled enough talent to make the team a playoff contender, but they need to hold on to the pieces that contributed to the ascension this year and further build momentum by continuing to make thoughtful personnel moves in the off-season.

Sacramento is showing a bit more toughness, which I think is attributable to some of the newer additions to the roster - Bazemore and Len in particular. It’s interesting that just a couple of key players on a squad can really change the culture, to great benefit in this case. If the FO is smart, they’ll figure out a way to keep both of those guys on the team. It’s very apparent that that each has been absolutely instrumental in addressing the weaknesses that the Kings previously had. I think management has assembled enough talent to make the team a playoff contender, but they need to hold on to the pieces that contributed to the ascension this year and further build momentum by continuing to make thoughtful personnel moves in the off-season.
Yes as Kingster had pointed out and was anticipating - getting Holmes and Bazemore together revs up the energy level for the whole team. On the floor together the excellent thing is - that kind of synergy can make up for talent disparity.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
On Len, you've got to stand up and notice the confrontations that he's been getting into with the opposition. The opposing players aren't doing that because Len is making it comfortable for them. They find him annoying. They don't like running into a brick wall on his screens. They don't like his length when they go up for shots around the basket. They just don't like him. And the more they don't like him, I like him. Also, Len's physical presence has got to make the entire team feel like they have a big bro that is going to take care of business, if need be. The Harrell bully ball stuff is done and gone. This is where the stats don't tell you anything of the story. Len has been *big* for this team, literally and figuratively.

On Len, you've got to stand up and notice the confrontations that he's been getting into with the opposition. The opposing players aren't doing that because Len is making it comfortable for them. They find him annoying. They don't like running into a brick wall on his screens. They don't like his length when they go up for shots around the basket. They just don't like him. And the more they don't like him, I like him. Also, Len's physical presence has got to make the entire team feave a big bro that is going to take care of business, if need be. The Harrell bully ball stuff is done and gone. This is where the stats don't tell you anything of the story. Len has been *big* for this team, literally and figuratively.
The Kings have their goon, I mean, guy!

Len bothers people. He is from Ukraine which is as good as being Russian. I like the way he sets picks. I like to watch him rebound and block shots. He is definitely a hardass.

The NBA has always been a league of full grown men. Lately a lot of people seem to think there is no room for a big man and it is all about small ball and hitting shots from the 3. Len is helping the Kings a lot. If another team starts throwing their weight around and getting dove chested, put in Len and end that stuff. Mr. Holmes and Giles also have a good physical presence.

I agree with the above comments. Basketball is mental warfare. Lillard lost the mental game last night because the Kings frustrated him and took away what he likes to do. The Kings created his off night.

Good shooting can overcome some lackluster play, but good defense can overcome bad shooting. The Kings have become a better shooting team than we have seen in a long time. But it is the defense that keeps them in games with crummy shooting.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Len bothers people. He is from Ukraine which is as good as being Russian. I like the way he sets picks. I like to watch him rebound and block shots. He is definitely a hardass.

The NBA has always been a league of full grown men. Lately a lot of people seem to think there is no room for a big man and it is all about small ball and hitting shots from the 3. Len is helping the Kings a lot. If another team starts throwing their weight around and getting dove chested, put in Len and end that stuff. Mr. Holmes and Giles also have a good physical presence.

I agree with the above comments. Basketball is mental warfare. Lillard lost the mental game last night because the Kings frustrated him and took away what he likes to do. The Kings created his off night.

Good shooting can overcome some lackluster play, but good defense can overcome bad shooting. The Kings have become a better shooting team than we have seen in a long time. But it is the defense that keeps them in games with crummy shooting.
And we don't see Len out there having some laughs with the opposition. He's all business. He doesn't like you and he doesn't have a problem if you don't like him. I see the same mentallity with Bazemore. The more that "bad" attitude is spread throughout the team, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.