[Game] Pistons @ Kings - Sunday, March 1 - 3PT/6ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the hell you do when Holmes gets back. Time for Harry at PF?
I’m feeling a touch of anxiety about integrating a key player back into the system after missing so many games. But I would be more concerned if we were talking about Bagley. Holmes will integrate better and faster than most. But the way Giles and Len are getting it done, I really don’t want to see either of them demoted to a 12th man.

I’m feeling a touch of anxiety about integrating a key player back into the system after missing so many games. But I would be more concerned if we were talking about Bagley. Holmes will integrate better and faster than most. But the way Giles and Len are getting it done, I really don’t want to see either of them demoted to a 12th man.
I can see similarities in Holmes and Lens games. Setting good screens, playing hard D, and put backs/close to the bucket shots. We don’t need to call plays for him. Hopefully the integrating will be seem less.

Way to weather a complete drought in the 1st quarter to come back into the game. Their bench with the trade has become much better with Bazemore and Len. What's going on with Jabari Parker getting some minutes? Report says they've dropped him off the bench....
In Ham's latest podcast with Doug Christie, they talked about Parker being out of shape (only played 1 game since December). Christie mentioned how Holmes had been injured but you see him running & doing other things to stay in shape. They same can't be said for Parker.

Attended the game tonight. Worst start to a game I can recall in a while. Thought they might have lost the game in Q1. Luckily the KINGS kinda sorta woke up and the Pistons suddenly remembered that they sucked. That, and Derrick Rose didn‘t come back to play (hope he’s ok!).

They really needed that W! Gotta win all these home games.

Attended the game tonight. Worst start to a game I can recall in a while. Thought they might have lost the game in Q1. Luckily the KINGS kinda sorta woke up and the Pistons suddenly remembered that they sucked. That, and Derrick Rose didn‘t come back to play (hope he’s ok!).

D. Rose was playing well before his injury. The Kings caught a break there.

Yeah, I feel bad for Jabari but Alex Len suddenly turning into Rudy Gobert the second he put on a Kings uniform has pretty much forced him and any non-Harry/Harrison/Bjeli person over 6'7" out of the rotation.
Parker had ample opportunities elsewhere, and he ended up on the Kings in a bad contract dump trade.

Also, he clearly doesn't think he gets paid to be a team guy and cheer on his team from the bench. His uninterested body language and lack of reaction to the exploits of his teammates is annoying. Tolliver wasn't playing but he was as enthusiastic as ever.

I went to the game too. When the score was 18-1, I was wondering why the hell did I choose this game to attend. But I kept thinking it’s still early and the kings have come back from much worse. Glad they pulled it off.

Like I said before, I don’t care who’s hurt when they play the kings as long as we get the win. No Paul George? No steph or Klay? No JJJ? No d rose or Blake griffin? All I see is W, W, W, W. I’ll take them any way we can get them.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Keeping my tradition alive since we've been winning:

Alex Len has contributed more to this team than Bagley has this season
I agree.

But it's a crappy thing to have to agree about...
Len only needs to play like six more games to have more games with the team than Bagley this season which pretty much says everything you need to know

Len only needs to play like six more games to have more games with the team than Bagley this season which pretty much says everything you need to know
That our #2 pick is injury-prone, has played less career games than the guy who sat out an entire season and whose knees are so bad we declined his option, and in his limited time on the floor this season has played worse than a guy earning half his salary whose career averages are 8points/6boards? At this point you can't even say with absolute confidence that Bagley is the 4th best big on this team lol.

I never thought Len would ever become one of my favorite players to watch, in terms of winning the Dedmon for Len is looking like Kwame for Pau atm. The amount of offensive tips he kept alive today that lead to points was out of this world. With the toughness/size and aggro he's looking like Mavs title run Chandler. What on earth is going on?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I never thought Len would ever become one of my favorite players to watch, in terms of winning the Dedmon for Len is looking like Kwame for Pau atm. The amount of offensive tips he kept alive today that lead to points was out of this world. With the toughness/size and aggro he's looking like Mavs title run Chandler. What on earth is going on?
And the crazy thing about the Lenaissance is that, like with Holmes, nothing about what he is doing is unsustainable. It’s not like he’s magically developed a 3 point shot or learned how to shammgod, he’s just playing good fundamental basketball without trying to do too much.

Offensive tipping is often just effort. Even though on the offensive end, it can sometimes actually be underlying defensive -- "I'm not getting the ball but I'll make sure you don't either".

And the crazy thing about the Lenaissance is that, like with Holmes, nothing about what he is doing is unsustainable. It’s not like he’s magically developed a 3 point shot or learned how to shammgod, he’s just playing good fundamental basketball without trying to do too much.
Well..... Last season he did average 36% from 3 on 2.6 attempts per game.

Entity

Hall of Famer
How about wins and losses during their starts? Probably other influences that cause those numbers tho.
Marvin hasn't played with Bazemore. Ariza was getting 33 min a game and buddy was starting and Bogdan was injured most of the games as well as Fox. Dedmon was getting backup min instead of Harry. Alot has changed. for instance nobody here would fault Holmes for anything but were losing while he was starting as well. the Bazemore trade made a huge difference and Harry and Len vs Dedmon is an upgrade. apparently buddy from the bench is working well also.

Giles and len is working at the moment but we need Holmes to come back and take some strain off. Then Bagley later and figure out who works best and when. maybe Bagley will be back by the playoffs

Fox has been the difference in this teams play recently, along with an ease up in the toughness of the schedule. Offensively, every other Kings player has benefited from Fox's aggressiveness and control of the team. Even if Dedmon were still in the lineup, this team would be playing better. Defensively, Bazemore has lit a fire under a lot of the guys.

What you see is the effects that a guy playing like an all star has on a team.

"Counting stats" or box score stats are always relevant because they are the foundation on which advanced stats are built off of. Advanced stats are someone's opinions about what a certain combination of box score stats means. Interestingly, the weight or importance of advanced stats change from year to year once a flaw is found in them.

Advanced stats are a tool, not an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.