Kent Bazemore

This trade is looking like a winner. Gives us the defensive presence we were looking for at the wing. In fact, probably our best defender. Brings energy and a good teammate vibe. Offense is limited, but he seems to know his role, and recognizes mismatches to take advantage of. Would like to see him work on his corner 3 a bit more. I'm more impressed with his fit than I thought I would be. Good move on the acquisition, without losing much at all.

Sometimes we as fans don’t know what we’re getting and sometimes it just doesn’t work out (Dedmon) and sometimes it’s a nice piece to the puzzle.
Bazemore and cojo do not always have great offensive numbers but bring tough defense every game.

A good balance of players will have good results.

It’s too bad it’s this late in the season but I see the beginning of a team that’s starting to get a reputation as a gritty tough defensive team that have the players that can really slow down the opponent.

Sometimes we as fans don’t know what we’re getting and sometimes it just doesn’t work out (Dedmon) and sometimes it’s a nice piece to the puzzle.
Bazemore and cojo do not always have great offensive numbers but bring tough defense every game.

A good balance of players will have good results.

It’s too bad it’s this late in the season but I see the beginning of a team that’s starting to get a reputation as a gritty tough defensive team that have the players that can really slow down the opponent.
I don't think its too late.

What would people be willing to resign him for next season to be a bench player, I personally think the 3-6million range with a promise of decent playing time would be sufficient to get him back otherwise it's a overpay and we have seen how well overpays work out. He's still got 2-3 years of above average athletic ability but than imo he will fall off completely.

He's literally looking like Shumpert (to the point of bricking 3's) and we also saw what occurs when you get rid of toughness/crazy/energy Shumpert brings.

I think Bazemore’s veteran presence and energetic play has given this Kings roster an infusion of confidence. The other players seem to be feeding off of the intensity that Kent plays with, and I also think they recognize that he brings a lot of things to the team that they didn’t have enough of before - toughness, effort, athleticism, defense, and smarts. I think he is a great addition to the group and I hope the FO can find a way to keep him beyond this season. Bazemore would join Holmes as our two best “hustle” players on the squad.

Last edited:
Bazemore is a difference maker on this team. I sure would like to see him signed for two or three more years. He provides the grit this team has been sorely lacking. He's going to leave a big void if they don't sign him, unless they come up with a substitute, and that won't be easy.
I really like what I have seen so far, but it is also a small sample size. I would like to see how he does for the rest of the season before I start talking about keeping him around for three more years.

Bazemore is a physical player. Actually so is Barnes.
Kent needs to play under control a little more, but maintain the effort level. Play fast but don't hurry., J Wooden.
A huge part of what make's him successful is the out of control factor he brings,(he does play the right way for the most part) while it can be a massive determent at times it's always been part of his game and it helps him make positive contributions (sort of like Corey Brewer). With bench players you need 1 that's a bit out on control just to bring something different to the table he makes things happened on the floor good and bad.

Justin Jackson played under control for the most part but I always preferred that out of control wing we brought in last year over him (Troy Williams?)

I think Bazemore’s veteran presence and energetic play has given this Kings roster an infusion of confidence. The other players seem to be feeding off of the intensity that Kent plays with, and I also think they recognize that he brings a lot of things to the team that they didn’t have enough of before - toughness, effort, athleticism, defense, and smarts. I think he is a great addition to the group and I hope the FO can find a way to keep him beyond this season. Bazemore would join Holmes as our two best “hustle” players on the squad.
I agree that Bazemore brings us a veteran presence and energetic play, and an infusion of confidence. Well said. But he's only had one game with us where he didn't hurt us offensively. Let's see how his contribution adds up over the last third of the season.

Most parts of his game are good but he is the kind of player who gives you hustle every night and can help disrupt the opponents offense.
His offense is what it is as he takes what is given him. Some nights he may go out and get 15 points and others he will get 4 or 6 points but he will put in the work to make his team and others around him better.

What would people be willing to resign him for next season to be a bench player, I personally think the 3-6million range with a promise of decent playing time would be sufficient to get him back otherwise it's a overpay and we have seen how well overpays work out. He's still got 2-3 years of above average athletic ability but than imo he will fall off completely.

He's literally looking like Shumpert (to the point of bricking 3's) and we also saw what occurs when you get rid of toughness/crazy/energy Shumpert brings.
If he stays healthy I don't see too much of a drop off in that time. He's not really a great athlete anyway. He's more effort than anything I think. He's also rangy and super long, which good news is unless he walks into a real life Texas Chainsaw Massacre that probably won't be going away.

I don't think its too late.
It's not! With the way the west is shaking out, if we get to .500 we are in contention for the 8th spot. We have to roughly go 19-8 over the remaining games for that to happen. This is more than we can say for any season in the last dozen. It's at least something to root for. I'm not totally checked out after the all star break, like I have been for a decade.

Another very good game for Baze last night.

He’s giving the KINGS what they’d hoped they’d get from Ariza.

We give the FO a ton of criticism for the moves they make that suck, and a lot of them have, but this in-season trade has worked out well for SAC.
I liked this one a lot more than the one to ship out Dedmon. Maybe that one will wind up surprising me though. I do agree we don't give credit for things that work out. Even Dedmon's failures were in large part due to Holmes's success.

I really can’t wait for a healthy Richaun Holmes to get back on court — because I’m very, very intrigued to see the KINGS level of energy and effort when Holmes and Bazemore are on the floor together.

Any anybody else daydreaming about that??

Holmes, Barnes, Bazemore, Fox and Joseph on the floor at the same time might be a lot of fun defensively, energy and hustle wise. Giles and JJ can be interchanged with those 5 too.

Sometimes players bounce around the league and then they find a home and organization that fits their skills.
I hope he sees this and the support he will see from the kings fans.

I had thought we were going places as a team this year and was confused by what has happened. Sometimes the pieces you pick and look like a good fit isn’t and it sets you back.

With Holmes and now bazemore we have two more guys that bring it every game. We have the firepower to win games and just needed some energy and toughness in the mix.

I have to say this I have hope for some good things to happen over the next few years.

The thing is, the better that Bazemore (and Giles for that matter) plays, the more it’s gonna cost to resign them. It’s a double edged sword. Vlade has made some mistakes but he and the front office has been a wizard with team friendly contracts for the most part. Hopefully we can resign these glue guys without breaking the bank or mortgaging our future.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Baze has been awesome since the trade, he's really grown on me. This is how he played for the Hawks when they were making Playoff runs, I guess all he needed was the right situation and opportunity to showcase himself.

Sometimes players bounce around the league and then they find a home and organization that fits their skills.
We have to keep in mind that his offensive play of the last few games is probably not sustainable:
A. The sample size with the Kings is small (Bagley sized);
B. His larger body of work shows a career with a few peaks and mostly a sub .500 EFG%.

Having said that, I like his demeanor, his D, and his movement on O. For the right price, I'd be happy to bring him back

Kingster

Hall of Famer
And Joseph and Lin and Giles. Barnes is a physical player.
The Kings are not soft anymore.
Bazemore plays with great toughness and energy.
Bingo. Bazemore was the guy punking Williams all game long. He just destroyed Williams in the post. Williams was so irritated he pushed Bazemore to get a foul. Add Len to the picture, who wouldn't take Harrell's ****, and it was a game in which the bully finally got bullied. Napear's shtick of "Mr. Oh, oh" has become totally passee. Harrell is just another guy out on the floor.