Jabari Parker

I will be happy if Jabari does not shoot 3s. Looking at the practice film he has a horrible shot; hittting nothing but air even after makes.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Not the best game for Parker. I'm still not exactly sure how they want to use him. At center? I guess if you're desperate, which they are at this point. He doesn't look in great shape. You'd think a guy with his injury history would do everything in his power to be in tip-top shape, but he looks pretty doughy to me. He's had a lot of injuries over many years, so what is the attraction exactly? Christie says we're going to find out about him over the remainder of the season. Are we? If he miraculously gets through the rest of the season without injury and plays well, what exactly are you going to know at the end? That he's a valuable player that you can count on going forward? Or, that he got lucky?

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Not the best game for Parker. I'm still not exactly sure how they want to use him. At center? I guess if you're desperate, which they are at this point. He doesn't look in great shape. You'd think a guy with his injury history would do everything in his power to be in tip-top shape, but he looks pretty doughy to me. He's had a lot of injuries over many years, so what is the attraction exactly? Christie says we're going to find out about him over the remainder of the season. Are we? If he miraculously gets through the rest of the season without injury and plays well, what exactly are you going to know at the end? That he's a valuable player that you can count on going forward? Or, that he got lucky?
So far they've used him mostly as a pick and roll big and that could be very interesting moving forward. I noticed the defense was very concerned when Parker came up to set the screen. There is some serious mismatch potential with him as a pick and roll big with Fox running the show. I would like to see more pnr being used to put him in one on one situations as well. He certainly adds another option to find points when the Kings stall out with their passing game.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I don't think so. ;)

What are you gonna do if it comes down to a choice between "your boi" Parker and "your boi" Harry Giles?
HG 1,000,000 times out of 1,000,000. There’s a legit chance I simply follow him elsewhere if the Kings can’t work something out this offseason.

Don’t fret though, I’d still grace y’all with my presence. I could never just leave here!

We never know but when everyone is healthy I don’t know if there’s a spot in the rotation. Can’t remember but I think he has another year at like 6 or 7 million.
Trade, buyout or with time with the team maybe he will show enough to make a run for a spot. Would love to see someone who can add some scoring even if most of it is coming within 12 feet.

We never know but when everyone is healthy I don’t know if there’s a spot in the rotation. Can’t remember but I think he has another year at like 6 or 7 million.
Trade, buyout or with time with the team maybe he will show enough to make a run for a spot. Would love to see someone who can add some scoring even if most of it is coming within 12 feet.
I don't see him in a Kings uniform going forward but I wish him well wherever he goes.
I think the biggest question regarding Jabari Parker is, will he exercise his $6.5 million player option for next year?

The way the Kings were playing, before the season was suspended, there is probably no spot in the rotation for him next year, especially with a healthy Bagley returning next season.

The Kings could probably better use that $6.5 million to re-sign Kent Bazemore than on Parker sitting on the end of the bench.

But, seeing that Parker's chances of earning more than $6.5 million on the open market is slim, he will probably opt in. The Kings may be stuck with his contract next year. But, seeing that he is an ending contract and a capable bench scorer, the Kings may be able to move him for something this summer, maybe a 2nd round pick and filler.

I think the biggest question regarding Jabari Parker is, will he exercise his $6.5 million player option for next year?

The way the Kings were playing, before the season was suspended, there is probably no spot in the rotation for him next year, especially with a healthy Bagley returning next season.

The Kings could probably better use that $6.5 million to re-sign Kent Bazemore than on Parker sitting on the end of the bench.

But, seeing that Parker's chances of earning more than $6.5 million on the open market is slim, he will probably opt in. The Kings may be stuck with his contract next year. But, seeing that he is an ending contract and a capable bench scorer, the Kings may be able to move him for something this summer, maybe a 2nd round pick and filler.
i dont think he will. He’s a proven enough scorer and three point threat. Was playing quite well this season before his injury that was fortunately for him unrelated to his knees. He’ll get something around that range elsewhere for a one or two year like he signed with the Hawks. What will be important for him is getting minutes. The uncertainty of PT after opting in probably isn’t worth the maybe 1-2 million less he’ll sign for elsewhere if there is any drop off at all. He can’t afford to spend a full season like his stint with the Kings has been. Plus the FA picking are pretty slim so he might have a lot of looks. I’m not expecting him back.

i dont think he will. He’s a proven enough scorer and three point threat. Was playing quite well this season before his injury that was fortunately for him unrelated to his knees. He’ll get something around that range elsewhere for a one or two year like he signed with the Hawks. What will be important for him is getting minutes. The uncertainty of PT after opting in probably isn’t worth the maybe 1-2 million less he’ll sign for elsewhere if there is any drop off at all. He can’t afford to spend a full season like his stint with the Kings has been. Plus the FA picking are pretty slim so he might have a lot of looks. I’m not expecting him back.
Parker opting out would be ideal, salary cap wise. Seeing that he only got the $6.5 million deal last summer, I don't see him raising his stock after being injury prone with Atlanta and then not playing at all for the Kings. One dimensional bigs has been getting a lot of vet minimum deals lately.

If he opts out, the Kings would save valuable salary cap space to re-sign Bogdan and Bazemore. If he opts-in, he may be hoping the Kings deal him to a better situation and he gets the $6.5 million still. He won't have a role with Bagley back healthy next season.

Well with the picks we will have after the draft roster spots will be at a premium next year.
So as of right now I believe we have 14 roster spots and 2 two way contracts.

I think the Kings keep Parker and see if he has really fully recovered and is back on track to give us another scoring option off the bench. If he doesn’t we can try to include him in a package trade deal, if he thinks he will be worth more in the open market then maybe we seek a waiver exception to fill a spot and maybe eat his salary.

The draft will determine what we keep like if we pick up another pf/c Ican see us not resigning Giles. And I really believe we will seek another pg to replace yogi unless Bogi leaves.

Lots of maybes coming down the line.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Parker’s skill set could help but he has to decide if he wants to put in the work to play at an acceptable level......out of shape when he came.