[Game] Kings @ Mavericks - Wednesday, Feb. 12 - 5:30PT/8:30ET

We went through this with Evans. He ended up with a decent long range shot later in his career, but Fox needs to be able to adjust like yesterday or he's going to end up with the same career path with teams stacking the paint, especially with the refs not giving him calls on contact.
It’s widely recognized that Fox can penetrate the paint almost at will, but if he can expand his skills to include a reliable three-point shot and a mastery of the mid-range game then he will be virtually unstoppable. I feel confident that De’Aaron knows this and that he will get there. I also believe that he is a smart player who has shown continued growth since his rookie season and is willing to do what it takes to win.

Last edited:
It’s widely recognized that Fox can penetrate the paint almost at will, but if he can expand his skills to include a reliable three-point shot and a mastery of the mid-range game then he will be virtually unstoppable. I feel confident that De’Aaron knows this and that he will get there. I also believe that he is a smart player who has shown continued grow since his rookie season and is willing to do what it takes to win.
Even just an accurate floater would do him a lot of good.

I am willing to give Walton credit for the odd lineup against Dallas. He had Barnes at the 5. Bogdan at the 3. Joseph as the 2. It failed miserably but Dallas played some defense.

I want to see Parker when he is ready.

Last edited:
Even just an accurate floater would do him a lot of good.
This was already quite evident from early in the season and we have seen games where he very confidently took and made midrange shots. Not sure why he's gone away from it. It's not even a matter of actually taking the shot; if once he beats his man he just hesitates or stays in that midrange area the defense will have to make a choice whether to move or not, and that will open things up for others. Right now as a defender you just sit back and wait.

I am willing to give Walton credit for the odd lineup against Dallas. He had Barnes at the 5. Bogdan at the 3. Joseph as the 2. It failed miserably but Dallas played some defense.

I want to see Parker when he is ready.
I hated this lineup. The small ball can work with a faster “big” that can shoot against slow footed bigs sometimes but not where every player is undersized. KP was just shooting right over Barnes or CoJo when they switched. Which they did a lot cuz good teams take advantage of mismatches. Luka would just pass over CoJo. We couldn’t do anything to stop them. I think Giles helped to stop the bleeding when he came in but it’s hard to win a game giving the opponent a 20-10 pt head start.

Porzingis can shoot over anybody you put in front of him.
Porzingis has a standing reach of 9 feet 4 1/2 inches. For example Dedmon has a standing reach of 9 feet 1 inch so he is in the ball park of defending Zinger, Barnes and CoJo are not. By the way WCS has a standing reach of 9" 2"o_O Rudy Gobert is 9' 7":eek: