Ben Simmons

I just don’t think the offers will be that rich. Here’s how I think those would go:

Portland: CJ OR Collins/Simons/filler
Denver: Harris/picks
GSW: DLo OR top 5 pick
Chicago: LaVine/filler OR Markkenan/filler

You also have to factor in Klutch. Yeah, Benny has an extension that is yet to kick in, but any front office should probably only count on having Benny for the next two years (assuming an off-season acquisition).
I think the right trade package falls somewhere in the middle with both of your proposed trades. Simmons is very good at many things, but there is no getting over the fact that right now he is the worst shooter in the league and playing a position where it is required, arguably, the most. Andre Roberson was a more reliable 3pt shooter than Simmons. Andre Drummond is a more reliable free throw shooter. There's just no way Simmons brings back superstar value for the 6ers. At the same time he is still an elite playmaker and defender so he should be able to command more than Collins and Simons, or DLo straight up.

For us, the max I would go would be Buddy or Bagley, Giles, and our first if it's not top 4 or 5. It's just really hard for me to see a team building a contender around Simmons, unless every other position is occupied by God tier shooters, like GSW.

It might be Embiid they trade if they don’t reach the finals and I’d throw eaverything for him
Yep. Embiid has the ability to break the current NBA playing style. If used correctly down in the post and sparingly on the perimeter, opponents aren’t equipped to handle him. There’s a dearth of big bodied bigs capable of slowing him down. He can destroy 99% of the defenders teams throw at him now and is completely underutilized in that capacity due to Ben Simmons deficiencies.

Opponents would be giving up so many high percentage 2’s that they’d eventually have to adjust and not go entirely small. It’s the same reason I‘ve said many times that if prime Shaq played today, along with Duncan and even Yao Ming, teams wouldn’t have ever got away with going small like they do now. They’d have to keep a low post defending big in the game because 60-70% 2-point baskets plus a lot of fouls and free throws >>> 40% 3-point baskets.

Last edited:
Yep. Embiid has the ability to break the current NBA playing style. If used correctly down in the post and sparingly on the perimeter, opponents aren’t equipped to handle him. There’s a dearth of big bodied bigs capable of slowing him down. He can destroy 99% of the defenders teams throw at him now and is completely underutilized in that capacity due to Ben Simmons deficiencies.

Opponents would be giving up so many high percentage 2’s that they’d eventually have to adjust and not go entirely small. It’s the same reason I‘ve said many times that if prime Shaq played today, along with Duncan and evening Yao Ming, teams wouldn’t have ever got away with going small like they do now. They’d have to keep a low post defending big in the game because 60-70% 2-point baskets plus a lot of fouls and free throws >>> 40% 3-point baskets.
I posited in another thread that Jokic or Embiid are the only guys that can truly orchestrate Vlade's roster, and I am desperately hoping Embiid does become available this summer. I love Vlade, but that's not the reason. I'm just hoping to avoid another rebuild. It would be so deflating. Sorry to put this in the Simmons thread--I think he would be great too, but not as comfortable of a fit as Embiid. Bags+Buddy+FRP...hopefully that gets us in the conversation.

I posited in another thread that Jokic or Embiid are the only guys that can truly orchestrate Vlade's roster, and I am desperately hoping Embiid does become available this summer. I love Vlade, but that's not the reason. I'm just hoping to avoid another rebuild. It would be so deflating. Sorry to put this in the Simmons thread--I think he would be great too, but not as comfortable of a fit as Embiid. Bags+Buddy+FRP...hopefully that gets us in the conversation.
sending Fox to a 3rd team would get us Embiid I think, that offer won’t even get us Simmions

sending Fox to a 3rd team would get us Embiid I think, that offer won’t even get us Simmions
We have to keep Fox...I'd rather throw in a lightly protected 2022 FRP to sweeten the deal. Man, Embiid is so perfect for this town. Philly thinks they love Embiid, but the first time he had something to say about the Lakers...I mean, just put his jersey in the rafters immediately.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You guys do realize the trade deadline has passed, right? This is the time when everyone exhales and there is pretty much no trade talk for a while.

You guys do realize the trade deadline has passed, right? This is the time when everyone exhales and there is pretty much no trade talk for a while.
offseason trade

We have to keep Fox...I'd rather throw in a lightly protected 2022 FRP to sweeten the deal. Man, Embiid is so perfect for this town. Philly thinks they love Embiid, but the first time he had something to say about the Lakers...I mean, just put his jersey in the rafters immediately.
we’re not beating any offer without Fox.
it would have to come down to building around Fox for 10 years or Embiid for 5-6 years as a top 5 player which I don’t think fox can reach

I'm more hopefully for Simmons (I do think Joel is a better player) than Joel you would not have to give up as much and you could plug in low cost/average cost players around him and have a decent 500. to 5-10 games over 500. team (right chemistry unlike what Philly has atm). Joel I guess is more likely to win you a ring but at this point I just want the Kings to be a competitive team.

I'm more hopefully for Simmons (I do think Joel is a better player) than Joel you would not have to give up as much and you could plug in low cost/average cost players around him and have a decent 500. to 5-10 games over 500. team (right chemistry unlike what Philly has atm). Joel I guess is more likely to win you a ring but at this point I just want the Kings to be a competitive team.
I’d go Joel since he’s a top 5 player when he doesn’t have 2 center next to him (Ben/Al). I think he’d only be dominant till he’s like 32-33 but we’d be looking at an mvp player, he’s also a Sacramento guy while Ben is more Hollywood he’d love Sacramento like he did when he first got to philly

offseason trade

we’re not beating any offer without Fox.
it would have to come down to building around Fox for 10 years or Embiid for 5-6 years as a top 5 player which I don’t think fox can reach
I agree, in a vacuum. But, there are a lot of front office’s that don’t think centers even have any value anymore. It would be a very interesting test case on where the league is with the C position.

I agree, in a vacuum. But, there are a lot of front office’s that don’t think centers even have any value anymore. It would be a very interesting test case on where the league is with the C position.
i think there’s select few centers you could build around: Embiid, Jockic, and AD. We haven’t yet seen Embiid full potential considering they’ve never built to his strength forcing him to the perimeter more ever year