Profile of Next GM

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There might be a small chance Geoff Petrie would consider advising Vlade/Peja. The way Vivek dismissed Petrie would have to be resolved. Vivek was called "a dismissive little chap" by Petrie afterwards so there is that.
I think I can state with a reasonable certainty that Geoff Petrie has NO DESIRE to return to Sacramento at this point. None. Lower than none. "Not answering the phone" none.

The difference is the Giants do not need to win the division to win the WS, as they showed in 2010, 2012, and 2014! :)
You‘re stuck in history. What has SF done the past 5 years? They’re not close to a WS. Talk to us when they finish within 20 games of LA again. You made a very low percentage bet.

As for the Dodgers, they’ve been in 2 WS against two teams that have been caught and punished for cheating. One of those series went down to the wire in 7 games. While they don’t have a WS title, it’s only a technicality. And you know of SF had lost any or all of those WS to a team that cheated, you’d be saying the same thing.

We KINGS fans openly acknowledge game 6 in 2002 as the only reason they don’t have a title. It‘s the likely reality.

You‘re stuck in history. What has SF done the past 5 years? They’re not close to a WS. Talk to us when they finish within 20 games of LA again. You made a very low percentage bet.

As for the Dodgers, they’ve been in 2 WS against two teams that have been caught and punished for cheating. One of those series went down to the wire in 7 games. While they don’t have a WS title, it’s only a technicality. And you know of SF had lost any or all of those WS to a team that cheated, you’d be saying the same thing.

We KINGS fans openly acknowledge game 6 in 2002 as the only reason they don’t have a title. It‘s the likely reality.
Highly confident I won’t be losing sleep over a 12 pack IPA. You do understand that it was a friendly wager between buddies?

Highly confident I won’t be losing sleep over a 12 pack IPA. Especially to a Buddy. You do understand that it was a friendly wager between buddies?
40, 18.5, and 29.

That’s how many games back your boys have finished behind the Boys in Blue the past 3 seasons.

You may not be losing sleep, but you’ll likely be losing beer.

I think you guys need to be more bold in your friendly bet. He should give you handicap. SF +10 games. To at least give you a shot at winning.

;)

40, 18.5, and 29.

That’s how many games back your boys have finished behind the Boys in Blue the past 3 seasons.

You may not be losing sleep, but you’ll likely be losing beer.

I think you guys need to be more bold in your friendly bet. He should give you handicap. SF +10 games. To at least give you a shot at winning.

;)
5 years is a long time in professional sports. 5 yrs ago, the Giants were a year removed from the 2014 WS. We’ll see.