Trades before the Deadline

Hear me out now. (First post btw, die hard kings fan since 95 after that Richmond-Webber trade and have watched every game since I got cable in 2011)

What do yall think about trading Hield? I know we just signed him and I like him as a player, but he misses open shots when they should be going in, lackluster defense, and obviously has problems with Luke (not like well be keeping Luke haha). He also hasnt been too keen on the criticism from us fans (lol).

I know Dedmond is on the block, but do you think we should keep Bogi over Hield? Hes hungrier for the W and maybe it's because he wants to be paid.

Throw out some possible players you guys think we will trade before the deadline!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hear me out now. (First post btw, die hard kings fan since 95 after that Richmond-Webber trade and have watched every game since I got cable in 2011)

What do yall think about trading Hield? I know we just signed him and I like him as a player, but he misses open shots when they should be going in, lackluster defense, and obviously has problems with Luke (not like well be keeping Luke haha). He also hasnt been too keen on the criticism from us fans (lol).

I know Dedmond is on the block, but do you think we should keep Bogi over Hield? Hes hungrier for the W and maybe it's because he wants to be paid.

Throw out some possible players you guys think we will trade before the deadline!
First, welcome to KF.

A bit of advice? Take some time and read some of the posts here in the Personnel Moves forum and in Kings Rap. I think you'll find that Hield, Dedmon and Bogi/Hield are all being discussed.

Buddy can't realistically be traded until his extension kicks in so any move wrt Buddy or Bogi likely to occur in the offseason, unless we get something we can't refuse for Bogi.

I'm also of the mind that we should get healthy before we move anything major because we aren't seeing the real team right now.

Buddy can't realistically be traded until his extension kicks in so any move wrt Buddy or Bogi likely to occur in the offseason, unless we get something we can't refuse for Bogi.

I'm also of the mind that we should get healthy before we move anything major because we aren't seeing the real team right now.
Fair enough. What are the chances we trade off Dedmond or Giles? I like Giles, but we dont use him; even in garbage time

dude12

Hall of Famer
I would not be surprised if Hield is traded once his extension kicks in. Put him on a team where he is surrounded by 2 other main options and he would be a very good fit.

It's tough to gauge Hield. Did he play over his head last year and this is his normal production or is Walton making him look bad by having him out there constantly doing all the things he's bad at? I think the answer is somewhere in the middle but if they're going to stick with Walton and he's going to continue to make Buddy look bad, then what's the point in keeping him?

Vlade needs to get out from Dedmon's contract by any means possible. He thinks Dedmon is worth more than he is and I think Dedmon has been playing more lately because Vlade wants to showcase him. Other than that one game against the Suns, he's just been showcasing garbage play. Get greedy here and we may be stuck with a turd of a contract for a few years. Just get him out by any means necessary.

Bjelica is one of my favorite players but I think they need to trade him to a contender. He could potentially bring in a late 1st round pick if teams are paying attention to his positive effects on the game. He's going to be a grandpa by the time the Kings are any good anyway so I don't see the point in keeping him since his contributions are pointless here considering how bad the team/franchise is.

It's tough to gauge Hield. Did he play over his head last year and this is his normal production or is Walton making him look bad by having him out there constantly doing all the things he's bad at? I think the answer is somewhere in the middle but if they're going to stick with Walton and he's going to continue to make Buddy look bad, then what's the point in keeping him?

Vlade needs to get out from Dedmon's contract by any means possible. He thinks Dedmon is worth more than he is and I think Dedmon has been playing more lately because Vlade wants to showcase him. Other than that one game against the Suns, he's just been showcasing garbage play. Get greedy here and we may be stuck with a turd of a contract for a few years. Just get him out by any means necessary.

Bjelica is one of my favorite players but I think they need to trade him to a contender. He could potentially bring in a late 1st round pick if teams are paying attention to his positive effects on the game. He's going to be a grandpa by the time the Kings are any good anyway so I don't see the point in keeping him since his contributions are pointless here considering how bad the team/franchise is.
Completely agree I have seen plenty of trades linking Bjely to Boston for Semi/filler/protected 1st

At this point while I think Bogi is more skilled than Buddy, he looks cooked physically to me and his basketball IQ since his rookie season has been going downwards at a alarming rate. I would look to trade Bogi first before moving Buddy.

Honestly if we should be shopping anyone the first guy has to be Barnes, he's Jeff Green on a bloated contract if we need to throw in Bogi or Giles/JJ to get rid of him we have to do it, he's a far bigger problem than Buddy since he just vanishes half the time I don't know he's even playing. Also the team sucked last season as soon as he came and has not improved. Barnes has completely escaped the wrath of the fan base which has gone after Bogi/Buddy/Bagley mainly.

dude12

Hall of Famer
If Boston was offering a semi protected first and Semi and other for Bjelica, I’d take that. Bjelica offensively is really good but defensively he just has a hard time matching up with the opposition......it Would hurt not having him around but we would get younger

Forget about Houston's picks. The Kings need young NBA players that can grow with Fox and Bagley, not unknown low 1st rounders, most of which don't even make it in the NBA.
Who knows what could be had from Houston—this is almost certainly Morey’s last season, and the owner is abrasive. Morey has no reason to spare Houston’s blushes.

I think they should try and get Myles Turner.
Sabonis is dominating right now, dropping triple double type numbers and Turners value is at a low point.
He can hit the three, is a shot blocking master and would fit next to Bagley.

I think they should try and get Myles Turner.
Sabonis is dominating right now, dropping triple double type numbers and Turners value is at a low point.
He can hit the three, is a shot blocking master and would fit next to Bagley.
Other than 1sts we don't really have anything they want,, the only player they could use is Bjelly but your not giving up Turner for him, Bogi/Buddy are at best slightly better than Lamb (Lamb is better than Bogi) who is the back up SG once Vic gets back. I also don't think Turner is worth a 1st unless its protected.

Other than 1sts we don't really have anything they want,, the only player they could use is Bjelly but your not giving up Turner for him, Bogi/Buddy are at best slightly better than Lamb (Lamb is better than Bogi) who is the back up SG once Vic gets back. I also don't think Turner is worth a 1st unless its protected.
They said they wanna see how they work with Oladipo.

I’d easily trade Barnes/1st top 5 protected for Turner. We’re talking about a All nba defender who spaces the floor at only 23

They said they wanna see how they work with Oladipo.

I’d easily trade Barnes/1st top 5 protected for Turner. We’re talking about a All nba defender who spaces the floor at only 23
Yeah if we get rid of Barnes than yeah I would throw in a pick for sure. But they have Warren who is way better and I think they could get a better deal for Turner at this point.

Barnes has been disappointing lately and his solo, isolation plays go against what we need which is ball movement.
I understand we needed to have a solid player at the sf position. I would like someone a little faster and I would feel comfortable in shooting jumpers.