[Game] Kings @ Pistons - Wednesday, Jan. 22 - 4PT/7ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. At least Fox had a nice highlight dunk that’s all around twitter and on Literally every other NBA/Basketball highlight twitter account

That’s all i got
not sure if he had more than that either.

On the bright side it’s not clear how much Bogi will be offered and I can’t imagine Fox thinks he is worth the Max at this point. Perhaps we keep both for less than we thought.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: There is a thread (Tank Talk 2020) for comments about lins, wosses, tanking, etc. This isn't it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's about this game specifically, and this is the game thread. I don't get it.
From the Pick Watch (Tank Talk 2020) thread:

VF21 said:
MOD NOTE: This, much like the Luka thread is for Luka, is now the designated thread for "Tank Talk 2020." Those of you who want to talk lins and wosses can do so here to your hearts content without bugging the crap out of those who don't want to be part of the brigade. Thanks.

Grant asks Doug if he had to name one thing that is worst about the Kings right now...

Doug says "Playing down to the level of their competition"...

that pretty much says it all.
I do think this team has more talented players than every other team that has a record similar to theirs, but can we keep saying the Kings are playing down to the level of their competition? The Kings have not shown that they are better than any team in the NBA this season outside of the depleted Warriors and Hawks. At this point I think we have to start considering whether this TEAM is bad, regardless of the fact that they have a lot of individually talented players.

Pretty much

And Walton doesn’t need to take all of the blame, but people are definitely not being utilized correctly. I wish he’d own up to some things as well as calling everyone out, rather than the “I’m really proud of our guys, this is a process” crap

This season wasn’t supposed to be a “process”
I like Walton overall, but the more we continue the more I am really pissed that they fired Joerger. We looked so much better under his leadership, prickly or not. Right now I think we have a bunch of really good pieces but something is stalling out the combustion, and I dont know who it is if not the coach.

That's what you come away with? Fox being civil with members of the other team and the media? What do you want him to do? Go into the tunnel and break a chair or something?
That's what you got from my post. After getting run off the court the leader of the team has two options, smile and laugh with the opponent who just ran his team off the court or, break a chair?

As for what I came away with. You wouldn't want to know. If I really took the time to delve into everything that's wrong with this team, as someone who's been involved in the game for decades, it would crush any and all hope.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
That's what you got from my post. After getting run off the court the leader of the team has two options, smile and laugh with the opponent who just ran his team off the court or, break a chair?

As for what I came away with. You wouldn't want to know. If I really took the time to delve into everything that's wrong with this team, as someone who's been involved in the game for decades, it would crush any and all hope.
Remember when the Kings lost to Chicago and DeMarcus kicked over a garbage can, and it was pretty much an international incident? We can’t have that again.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Remember when the Kings lost to Chicago and DeMarcus kicked over a garbage can, and it was pretty much an international incident? We can’t have that again.
Oops. I meant garbage can. That was the exact incident I was thinking of. :)

We don't need that.

But I'm seeing a repeat of the Kings' history where players are used to losing and accept losing. Who is demanding a change? Who leads the change? The guy who got outplayed by the ghost of DRose and was giggling after getting run off the floor? That's the leader FFS.

That was an ugly performance by the Kings. There is certainly plenty of blame to go around, but Sacramento has some key players that the organization is paying big money to that are clearly not worth it. Those are the guys this team needs to ditch - if they can. Without naming names, I’m sure you can figure out who I’m talking about.

The worst part of my Kings experience over the last 30 years is apathy at times. Apathetic, that's how I feel right now. I'll always be a Kings fan but I'm sorry I think this organization is broken. I love Vlade but passing on Doncic is inexcusable. The team has regressed and I don't see the way forward with the current GM, owner and coach. Anyway, 49ers

MOD NOTE: There is a thread (Tank Talk 2020) for comments about lins, wosses, tanking, etc. This isn't it.
If your going to mod this thread this tightly it would be nice if you acted as a mod a bit in that thread. People want to be optimistic in what ever way they can. Being optimistic shouldn’t have to fit your narrow definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.