How to save the Kings... Vlade please read

1. Trade Buddy Hield to Atlanta for their 2020 1st round pick - Buddy would fit great next to Trey Young - We can throw in Dedmon and take back Parsons if necessary (we also have plenty of 2nd round picks).

2. Trade Harrison Barnes and a protected 2022 1st round pick to the Nuggets for MPJ

Off Season -

1. Draft Wiseman (SAC pick)
2. Draft Edwards (ATL pick)
3. New Coach?
4. Resign Bogdanovic

1. Trade Buddy Hield to Atlanta for their 2020 1st round pick - Buddy would fit great next to Trey Young - We can throw in Dedmon and take back Parsons if necessary (we also have plenty of 2nd round picks).

2. Trade Harrison Barnes and a protected 2022 1st round pick to the Nuggets for MPJ

Off Season -

1. Draft Wiseman (SAC pick)
2. Draft Edwards (ATL pick)
3. New Coach?
4. Resign Bogdanovic
The ATL pick is currently at #2. Hield’s value is nowhere close to that. There’s no way ATL does that on value alone.

Then there is the fact that a Young/Hield backcourt may be the worst defensive backcourt in the league. Young is going to need a strong defender who can ideally guard 1-2 so it allows Young to defend the lesser offensive threat on defense. Hield does not fit that description at all.

As for the other trade, the salaries don’t match at all so that trade is illegal. Besides DEN is likely going to need a 3rd star caliber player to pair with Murray & Jokic if they are going to get over the hump for a championship. Millsap, Harris, Barton, & Barnes aren’t that type of player, but Porter could be.

If Porter doesn’t become that player they have a shot in the 2022-23 offseason to sign a max player while Jokic and Murray are under contract. However, if they take on Barnes’ contract, they would no longer be able to offer that max.

I think both of these deals don’t make much sense for the opposing teams.

The ATL pick is currently at #2. Hield’s value is nowhere close to that. There’s no way ATL does that on value alone.

Then there is the fact that a Young/Hield backcourt may be the worst defensive backcourt in the league. Young is going to need a strong defender who can ideally guard 1-2 so it allows Young to defend the lesser offensive threat on defense. Hield does not fit that description at all.

As for the other trade, the salaries don’t match at all so that trade is illegal. Besides DEN is likely going to need a 3rd star caliber player to pair with Murray & Jokic if they are going to get over the hump for a championship. Millsap, Harris, Barton, & Barnes aren’t that type of player, but Porter could be.

If Porter doesn’t become that player they have a shot in the 2022-23 offseason to sign a max player while Jokic and Murray are under contract. However, if they take on Barnes’ contract, they would no longer be able to offer that max.

I think both of these deals don’t make much sense for the opposing teams.
Agreed. Yumboldt’s proposal is fatally flawed.

I’m not walking into next year with 2 rookies starting and 2 that don’t look like world beaters. Wiseman might be the most overrated prospect to come out in years dude can defend on the perimeter, can’t create for himself, and his athleticism was overstated. I don’t want him trade that pick and Barnes or Buddy for Myles Turner, Wiseman is a bigger WCS

Friend of mine proposed this deal...I actually like it. We lose some shooting and passing, but banking on MPJ upside and DEN is in win now mode. Their passing would be off the charts adding these 2

MJP/Plumlee for Bogi/Belly

Friend of mine proposed this deal...I actually like it. We lose some shooting and passing, but banking on MPJ upside and DEN is in win now mode. Their passing would be off the charts adding these 2

MJP/Plumlee for Bogi/Belly
That leaves them with no backup C.

They also already have Harris, Beasley, and Barton (with Murray spending some time at SG here and there) at SG/SF so I’m not sure where Bogdans minutes will come from.

They also have Millsap, Grant, and Hernangomez at PF so I’m having a hard time seeing the minutes for Bjelica as well.

The Nuggets are very deep. They need a consolidation trade. Something like...

Michael Porter
Malik Beasley
2022 DEN 1st (unprotected)

for

Brandon Ingram

The nuggets get their 3rd star who’s also a long wing who can play good defense (to help match up with LeBron, Leonard, George, & Doncic). He’d slot perfectly into their starting SF spot. And you’d have Barton be their sixth man SG/SF off the bench.

The pelicans may prefer to not be in the business of handing out big contracts since they are in the middle of a rebuild and aren’t competitive right now. They’d have Porter on a rookie contract for the next 2.5 years which gives them Lonzo, Hart, Porter, Zion, Hayes, & Alexander-Walker all on rookie deals. Not to mention their own 1st round pick, whatever assets they get for Holiday, and a ton of cap space to sell off for more assets.

PG - Murray / Morris
SG - Harris / Barton
SF - Ingram / Craig / Vanderbilt / Cancar
PF - Millsap / Grant / Hernangomez
C - Jokic / Plumlee

PG - Ball / Alexander-Walker / Jackson
SG - Redick / Hart / Beasley
SF - Holiday / Porter / Moore / Miller
PF - Zion / Williams / Melli
C - Favors / Hayes / Okafor

I think ideally Beasley is sent to a 3rd team with a early 2nd being sent to NOP.

I still have a hard time seeing even NOP doing a deal like this. Players with Ingrams length, age, and skill set are pretty coveted but I’d have to imagine that this is the type of trade Denver would be looking for. If they can’t find it, they’ll stick with Porter and hope he develops into their 3rd star.

That leaves them with no backup C.

They also already have Harris, Beasley, and Barton (with Murray spending some time at SG here and there) at SG/SF so I’m not sure where Bogdans minutes will come from.

They also have Millsap, Grant, and Hernangomez at PF so I’m having a hard time seeing the minutes for Bjelica as well.

The Nuggets are very deep. They need a consolidation trade. Something like...

Michael Porter
Malik Beasley
2022 DEN 1st (unprotected)

for

Brandon Ingram

The nuggets get their 3rd star who’s also a long wing who can play good defense (to help match up with LeBron, Leonard, George, & Doncic). He’d slot perfectly into their starting SF spot. And you’d have Barton be their sixth man SG/SF off the bench.

The pelicans may prefer to not be in the business of handing out big contracts since they are in the middle of a rebuild and aren’t competitive right now. They’d have Porter on a rookie contract for the next 2.5 years which gives them Lonzo, Hart, Porter, Zion, Hayes, & Alexander-Walker all on rookie deals. Not to mention their own 1st round pick, whatever assets they get for Holiday, and a ton of cap space to sell off for more assets.

PG - Murray / Morris
SG - Harris / Barton
SF - Ingram / Craig / Vanderbilt / Cancar
PF - Millsap / Grant / Hernangomez
C - Jokic / Plumlee

PG - Ball / Alexander-Walker / Jackson
SG - Redick / Hart / Beasley
SF - Holiday / Porter / Moore / Miller
PF - Zion / Williams / Melli
C - Favors / Hayes / Okafor

I think ideally Beasley is sent to a 3rd team with a early 2nd being sent to NOP.

I still have a hard time seeing even NOP doing a deal like this. Players with Ingrams length, age, and skill set are pretty coveted but I’d have to imagine that this is the type of trade Denver would be looking for. If they can’t find it, they’ll stick with Porter and hope he develops into their 3rd star.
I don’t think NO does that. They would be hoping to get from MJP what they are already getting from a young Ingram. Beasley is ok and that 1st is going to a very late one as DEN is setup to compete now and in the future

Porzingis was also hurt and threatening to not take the qualifying offer going into that season
I’m just repeating what was said when people here were talking about trading for KP...pipe dream never happening, he will never be traded etc
You can also argue MJP is damaged goods . He had a nice first few games coming back but has come back down to earth of late.

I don’t think NO does that. They would be hoping to get from MJP what they are already getting from a young Ingram. Beasley is ok and that 1st is going to a very late one as DEN is setup to compete now and in the future
I don’t think they do either but that’s likely the type of trade Denver would do if they are including Porter. Otherwise, they are likely holding onto him and developing him.

I think Atlanta would be excited in the shooting abilities of Buddy and Trey together and the spacing it would provide guys like John Collins, they play team defense and don't need individually spectacular defenders. As we saw in the Doncic-Young trade they are willing to give up first round picks. If we threw in a center like Dedmon and/or Giles they might expect to finish the season off strong giving their pick less value (to them). I think they are the youngest team in the league? They might welcome an established NBA player like Buddy vs another 19-20 year old rookie.

Denver is in win now mode. I think they see this season as a HUGE opportunity to win a championship before the GSW reload. Harrison Barnes would provide them much more than MPJ will this season (he might even be the only one on the roster with a ring and/or championship experience)... They could be intrigued by another draft pick (SAC 2022 protected) and use it to make another trade (maybe a superstar?). We could easily make the salaries match with some fillers (Plumlee, Harris or Barton). Denver has so many good young guys (and assets) that many of them don't get much playing time, its time for them to trade up to challenge LA.

I’m not walking into next year with 2 rookies starting and 2 that don’t look like world beaters. Wiseman might be the most overrated prospect to come out in years dude can defend on the perimeter, can’t create for himself, and his athleticism was overstated. I don’t want him trade that pick and Barnes or Buddy for Myles Turner, Wiseman is a bigger WCS
Wiseman is what we all wanted from Willie but never got...

I might start Bogdanovic at the 2 and bring Edwards off the bench. Wiseman will be a capable NBA starter sooner rather than later.